d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1234547Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,720.48
Feb 9 2015 07:01pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 9 2015 07:44pm)
are these the same people who oppose vaccines :mellow: ?

Given that they work in the healthcare field, it's safe to assume they're not anti-vax.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 9 2015 07:06pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Feb 9 2015 08:01pm)
Given that they work in the healthcare field, it's safe to assume they're not anti-vax.

ah so they probably just know more specifics about the diseases and are speaking out against knee jerk unwarranted quarantine?

still, better safe than sorry i say
Gold: Locked
Feb 9 2015 07:08pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 9 2015 05:36pm)
consider the flip side of a mandatory quarantine for individuals with highly contagious lethal diseases - don't think anyone would disagree that it is a gross violation of their freedoms to isolate them like that but it's an obvious case of the common good prevailing over individual freedoms as it should and i doubt anyone with half a brain would argue against mandatory quarantine for such cases

vaccinations are a less extreme version of this

Not the same. Quarantine does not involve forcibly putting chemicals into a person's body.

Gold: 25.13
Feb 9 2015 07:18pm
vaccination is good for the population in general. sorry if a few dont want it.

should have mandatory vaccinations regardless if you go to school or not. scheduled vaccines, period

This post was edited by asthesun on Feb 9 2015 07:20pm
Gold: 285.00
Feb 9 2015 07:21pm
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/2/9/samsung-smart-tvs-can-snoop-with-voice-recognition.html

Smart TVs are way scarier than forced vaccinations. Authoritarian capitalism is going to be real fun.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 9 2015 07:22pm
Gold: 11,407.33
Feb 9 2015 07:26pm
No.
I think some vaccines should be highly encouraged yet not mandated.

I don't consider being healthy and un-vaccinated an aggression against other people, whereas a forced vaccination is a pretty clear and personal imposition on people.
Statistically you are incredibly unlikely to spread a certain infectious disease a vaccine would be mandated to fight. I don't think it would be a stretch to say walking around with the flu or a common cold is a more realistic threat to other people.

They also do have very real risks and side effects, despite widespread attempts to downplay and dismiss concerns as crazy.
It should be up to the individual to evaluate the risks and decide for themselves and their children.

The case of an infected and contagious person with a very serious plague-like disease is in a different ballpark. (When They're a clear serious threat to others incapable of interacting in public without causing tangible serious harm.)

Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 9 2015 08:06pm)
ah so they probably just know more specifics about the diseases and are speaking out against knee jerk unwarranted quarantine?

still, better safe than sorry i say

#QuarantineDuffman

Better safe than sorry. Who knows what diseases and filth he could spread.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/2/9/samsung-smart-tvs-can-snoop-with-voice-recognition.html

Smart TVs are way scarier than forced vaccinations. Authoritarian capitalism is going to be real fun.

..i just bought one of those.. meh
Gold: 285.00
Feb 9 2015 07:28pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 9 2015 08:26pm)

Wait until it is saying DO YOUR CALISTHENICS KOMRADE! BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!
Gold: 0.00
Feb 9 2015 07:29pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 10 Feb 2015 01:26)
No.
I think some vaccines should be highly encouraged yet not mandated.

I don't consider being healthy and un-vaccinated an aggression against other people, whereas a forced vaccination is a pretty clear and personal imposition on people.
Statistically you are incredibly unlikely to spread a certain infectious disease a vaccine would be mandated to fight. I don't think it would be a stretch to say walking around with the flu or a common cold is a more realistic threat to other people.

They also do have very real risks and side effects, despite widespread attempts to downplay and dismiss concerns as crazy.
It should be up to the individual to evaluate the risks and decide for themselves and their children.

The case of an infected and contagious person with a very serious plague-like disease is in a different ballpark. (When They're a clear serious threat to others incapable of interacting in public without causing tangible serious harm.)

#QuarantineDuffman

Better safe than sorry. Who knows what diseases and filth he could spread.

Vaccines for children should always be mandated. If a parent decides they are ok with not giving a child it's vaccine then that is neglect.
Gold: 11,407.33
Feb 9 2015 07:36pm
Quote (Scaly @ Feb 9 2015 08:29pm)
Vaccines for children should always be mandated. If a parent decides they are ok with not giving a child it's vaccine then that is neglect.

Based on an infinitesimally small chance they one day might get that disease? No.

And would it be neglect for every vaccine they choose to forgo? Or just special ones that tickle your fancy? Im sure I could read off a long list of things you aren't vaccinated for.

Quote (Skinned @ Feb 9 2015 08:28pm)

Ill tell em to go forth and multiply
Gold: 12,845.00
Feb 9 2015 07:49pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 9 2015 06:28pm)

If you don't the thought police will come for you.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234547Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll