d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Adam And Eve
Prev1234519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Admin
Gold: 15,820.00
Trader: Trusted
May 23 2011 08:50am
Quote (Vengance @ 23 May 2011 09:48)
I'm enjoy learning too sir; it's not that I disagree with your analogy, it's just that you covered the same aspect of it twice,'...and how long each lap took, which pool he swam in...'
The time it takes you to swim in any pool at any length is proportional if taking into account the density of the water is around 997kg/m^3 as per normal. Therefore which pool he swam in is irrelevant as long as it was 'normal'
http://koti.mbnet.fi/tibe9mm/Troll_success.jpg

I will agree that the analogy is not the best, but it is fairly decent. Which pool he swam in IS relevant. If he swam in an Olympic sized pool vs. a much smaller backyard pool, each lap will be considerably different in size.

Ignore all the other parts though, and feel free to believe what you want. :)
Gold: 65.00
May 23 2011 08:52am
Quote (piddywiffle @ May 24 2011 12:45am)
Artwork was not always used to record history.  In many cases there was no written record at all.

As for the mass extinction, I have a tendency to lean on the disease theory as opposed to the more 'romantic' cataclysm theories.

In order to be considered ancient it must date back beyond 3000BC where there were no written evidence, mostly 'object' evidence in which case art is grouped into to.
For example, they could have been painted on a wall (like the aboriginals did in Australia with kangaroos etc), or incorporated into pottery.

Quote (njaguar @ May 24 2011 12:50am)
I will agree that the analogy is not the best, but it is fairly decent. Which pool he swam in IS relevant. If he swam in an Olympic sized pool vs. a much smaller backyard pool, each lap will be considerably different in size.

Ignore all the other parts though, and feel free to believe what you want. :)

what parts? there were other parts?
:mellow:

This post was edited by Vengance on May 23 2011 08:53am
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2011 08:54am
Quote (Vengance @ May 23 2011 08:52am)
In order to be considered ancient it must date back beyond 3000BC where there were no written evidence, mostly 'object' evidence in which case art is grouped into to.
For example, they could have been painted on a wall (like the aboriginals did in Australia with kangaroos etc), or incorporated into pottery.

Indeed, but it was not always practiced.
Admin
May 23 2011 08:54am
Quote (Vengance @ 23 May 2011 09:52)

what parts? there were other parts?
:mellow:

The link I provided has art from said time period, as well as newer material. Please check it out, and fact check their sources.

I listed half a dozen facts about dating techniques and how they are used. Since you ignored them, I will conclude that you agree they are facts that represent how dating techniques work and function. You additionally ignored the size of the pool. You are the troll here, which is clear.
Gold: 65.00
May 23 2011 08:58am
Quote (njaguar @ May 24 2011 12:54am)
The link I provided has art from said time period, as well as newer material. Please check it out, and fact check their sources.

I listed half a dozen facts about dating techniques and how they are used. Since you ignored them, I will conclude that you agree they are facts that represent how dating techniques work and function. You additionally ignored the size of the pool. You are the troll here, which is clear.

? I agree with your informative speech on how dating techniques work; I learned about that in my ancient history class. I'm not debating here seriously, you shouldn't even be aiming at me lol.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
May 23 2011 09:00am
Quote (DViolent @ May 23 2011 07:29am)
lol @ your time frame.

dinosaurs around when people where? idontthinkso

There was Noah's Ark, the bible specifically states that not every creature made it to the ark.

The world was an evil place with many evil things.

Would you want a TREX chasing you?

Quote (Vengance @ May 23 2011 07:58am)
? I agree with your informative speech on how dating techniques work; I learned about that in my ancient history class. I'm not debating here seriously, you shouldn't even be aiming at me lol.

Carbon dating, ikr :O

This post was edited by Powerful on May 23 2011 09:01am
Gold: 4,910.00
May 23 2011 09:00am
I wish I lived back then. I'd have a pet t-rex.. until he got too big of course. Then I would have to set him free into the wild. :(
Gold: 8,762.50
May 23 2011 09:01am
Why is a T-Rex evil, simply because it was a predator? We're predators, brah.
Gold: 1,680.00
May 23 2011 09:07am
Quote (njaguar @ May 23 2011 10:54am)

So by the looks of it, you can see in most of the pictures the "dinosaurs" to human size ratio. What is depicted in the artwork there are creatures (descendants of dinosaurs from what i can see due to size) that are roughly half the height of humans, which kind of proves the evolutionary theory. The dinosaurs that have been found by archeologists, are many times the size of a human. Also, it noted that no human bones had ever been found near dinosaur bones. It said if this did happen, it could disprove evolution, which again would be false, unless they found a (t-rex) in full size, on the same level of sediment, had proof that level of sediment has been untouched, as the dinosaurs. It is interesting, but everything depicted was not of that size that we see in our museums.
Admin
May 23 2011 09:10am
Quote (VxDoomxV @ 23 May 2011 10:07)
So by the looks of it, you can see in most of the pictures the "dinosaurs" to human size ratio. What is depicted in the artwork there are creatures (descendants of dinosaurs from what i can see due to size) that are roughly half the height of humans, which kind of proves the evolutionary theory. The dinosaurs that have been found by archeologists, are many times the size of a human. Also, it noted that no human bones had ever been found near dinosaur bones. It said if this did happen, it could disprove evolution, which again would be false, unless they found a (t-rex) in full size, on the same level of sediment, had proof that level of sediment has been untouched, as the dinosaurs. It is interesting, but everything depicted was not of that size that we see in our museums.

Please do some basic study on art, specifically ancient artwork. It was rarely "to scale". Also, for many reasons man would draw something to be the same size as man, such as an ego thing. You make the creature smaller to make yourself seem "bigger". Many of the text descriptions have descriptions that do not fit small dinosaurs. For instance, the Behemoth having a tail like a "cedar tree" (Job 40:17, from the bible).

Here is one example. Does that mean these birds were the size of man (or bigger?). No, of course not. They didn't draw to scale during this time. :P
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll