d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1198199200201202307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,164.33
Jul 22 2023 02:24pm
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 01:21pm)
There is too many holes too many contradictions, no evidence presented over 2000 years, all we have is a book that gets repeated over and over.

Virtually all cultures from every part of the globe had their own mythological stories and explanations made up for life and cosmology. Bible is just another one of those stories that came out certain regions of Middle East.

Do you also believe 1000:s of other

what do you mean do I also believe in 1000s of others? you just quoted me saying im not religious
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 22 2023 02:34pm
There is too many holes too many contradictions, no evidence presented over 2000 years, all we have is a book that gets repeated over and over.

Virtually all cultures from every part of the globe had their own mythological stories and explanations made up for life and cosmology. Bible is just another one of those stories that came out certain regions of Middle East.

Do you also believe 1000's of other religions? There might be some elements of truth here and there but ads a whole its children's fairytales.

being a monkey is just another religion
ANCIENT CHINESE RECORDS ABOUT JESUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A463qHMglLo
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 22 2023 02:41pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 23 2023 08:24am)
what do you mean do I also believe in 1000s of others? you just quoted me saying im not religious

I was in the middle of editing my response as I hit post reply by accident. Disregard that part.
Reread it again as I just finished editing.

This post was edited by addone on Jul 22 2023 02:48pm
Jul 22 2023 02:55pm

There might be some elements of truth here and there but as a whole these are children's fairytales. I am not overly dismissive. If I pick up a Harry Potter book or some pagan mythology I usually dismiss it on the spot and not ever bother researching and trying to test it for any feasibility. Bible was read, tested research and examined very thoroughly. This is simply a conclusion after thousands of years of evidence and probing. But you are saying it's overly dismissive is just your lack of observation.

If you want to hold a logical absolute that there is a possibility, a chance or hope that the bible is true then cool you go ahead and hold on to that possibility. I have conditional acceptance in my view it has to pass certain level of proof before I entertain its dogma. Otherwise it's not practical or erroneous mental construct. Having skepticism is a healthy way to weed out impractical and harmful thoughts.

no, it's overly dismissive because incredibly important to western morality and law.

you didn't address this at all

this is a lack of observation on your part

This post was edited by majorblood on Jul 22 2023 02:56pm
Jul 22 2023 03:01pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 23 2023 01:38am)
It would be incredibly impressive, but it might just be a very advanced lifeform, technology, or a mass delusion. Not convincing for omnipotence.

I think calling the bible 'just another children's bedtime fairytale' is overly dismissive as it's incredibly important to western morality and law

since you brought it up a few times, i'm not religious, but that's unimportant

Also forgot to add.
Yes it would be impressive because it would confirm that it's real and not just words on a dusty 2000 year book. Why would you not listen to a guy who gives you everlasting life and proves that. Even though it just might be super advanced person from the future. Why would you not believe someone who can cure cancer with a snap of his fingers and cannot be killed by any weapon walk on water and ressurect people from the dead? That's someone worth listening to.

But unfortunately no such proof has been provided so what we are left with is magical stories.

This post was edited by addone on Jul 22 2023 03:02pm
Jul 22 2023 03:28pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 23 2023 08:55am)
no, it's overly dismissive because incredibly important to western morality and law.

you didn't address this at all

this is a lack of observation on your part

Name me one moral that has originated from the "bible"? I'll wait.

You would find that a vast majority if not all of morals have come from elsewhere. Most advanced cultures at the time had those laws already in place like no killing, stealing etc. But even things like the golden rule didn't come from the Bible it's just a rephrase of the ancient wisdom

"Avoid doing what you would blame others for doing." – Thales[17] (c. 624 – c. 546 BCE)
"What you do not want to happen to you, do not do it yourself either." – Sextus the Pythagorean.[18] The oldest extant reference to Sextus is by Origen in the third century of the common era.[19]
"Ideally, no one should touch my property or tamper with it, unless I have given him some sort of permission, and, if I am sensible I shall treat the property of others with the same respect." – Plato[20] (c. 420 – c. 347 BCE)
"Do not do to others that which angers you when they do it to you." – Isocrates[21] (436–338 BCE)

Ancient Persia
The Pahlavi Texts of Zoroastrianism (c. 300 BCE – 1000 CE) were an early source for the Golden Rule: "That nature alone is good which refrains from doing to another whatsoever is not good for itself." Dadisten-I-dinik, 94,5, and "Whatever is disagreeable to yourself do not do unto others." Shayast-na-Shayast 13:29[23]

Ancient Rome
Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BCE – 65 CE), a practitioner of Stoicism (c. 300 BCE – 200 CE) expressed a hierarchical variation of the Golden Rule in his Letter 47, an essay regarding the treatment of slaves: "Treat your inferior as you would wish your superior to treat you."[24]

Etc there are many examples

There might one or two which had helped bring more awareness. Bible in a sense had a lot of influence and bigger broadcasting network. So you could say it helped to spread certain laws, ideas or morals faster than if they normally would.

I already mentioned this throughout this thread that bible/religion was a somewhat useful tool in the past. I dont dismiss electroshock therapy or burning people at a stake either. Now these methods are seen as cruel and unproductive but once upon a time they too had their uses.

This post was edited by addone on Jul 22 2023 03:33pm
Jul 22 2023 03:32pm
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 02:28pm)
Name me one moral that has originated from the "bible"? I'll wait.

You would find that a vast majority if not all of morals have come from elsewhere. Most advanced cultures at the time had those laws already in place like no killing, stealing etc. But even things like the golden rule didn't come from the Bible it's just a rephrase of the ancient wisdom

"Avoid doing what you would blame others for doing." – Thales[17] (c. 624 – c. 546 BCE)
"What you do not want to happen to you, do not do it yourself either." – Sextus the Pythagorean.[18] The oldest extant reference to Sextus is by Origen in the third century of the common era.[19]
"Ideally, no one should touch my property or tamper with it, unless I have given him some sort of permission, and, if I am sensible I shall treat the property of others with the same respect." – Plato[20] (c. 420 – c. 347 BCE)
"Do not do to others that which angers you when they do it to you." – Isocrates[21] (436–338 BCE)

Ancient Persia
The Pahlavi Texts of Zoroastrianism (c. 300 BCE – 1000 CE) were an early source for the Golden Rule: "That nature alone is good which refrains from doing to another whatsoever is not good for itself." Dadisten-I-dinik, 94,5, and "Whatever is disagreeable to yourself do not do unto others." Shayast-na-Shayast 13:29[23]
Etc there are many examples

There might one or two which had helped bring more awareness. Bible in a sense had a lot of influence and bigger broadcasting network. So you could say it helped to spread certain laws, ideas or morals faster than if they normally would.

I already mentioned this throughout this thread that bible/religion was a somewhat useful tool in the past. I dont dismiss electroshock therapy or burning people at a stake either. Now these methods are seen as cruel and unproductive but once upon a time they too had their uses.

the entire western legal system is based off the fusion of canon law + roman law, to dismiss it as 'just a fairytale' is silly. I get that you don't believe in god, but the bible and the morality related important to western society still.

i never said the bible was the origin of every moral idea inside of it, nor is that important

This post was edited by majorblood on Jul 22 2023 03:34pm
Jul 22 2023 03:52pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 23 2023 09:32am)
the entire western legal system is based off the fusion of canon law + roman law

Cannon law borrowed from other existing sources and schools of thought yes. It's like saying all movies come from Netflix and Amazon prime. Those networks are a conglomerate of other movies. Cannon/christian law is a mash of existing ideas that are either rephrased, repackaged or straight up copy paste.

I do give credit for helping spread and expand on some of the ideas but it's a farcry to give full credit to Christianity.
Also dont forget to give Christians credit for destroying many cultures and suppressing many ideas that could of helped humanity progress much faster.

Also I don't dismiss the bible in its entirety I am dismissing the majority of it for its magic and supernatural claims in a sense that it has failed to provide proof. There are things in it which even if plagiarized from elsewhere are still useful and practical. It's as useful as a quran or the three little pigs. It has stories and metaphors that can be applied in life but that's about the usefulness of it. The only other thing I can see is for control, power and making money from guillable people.

This post was edited by addone on Jul 22 2023 04:06pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 22 2023 04:26pm
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 07:28pm)
This doesn't answer anything. Your sign of Jonah provides 0 evidence for God. Just more meaningless words and analogies from the bible. Do you even remember when our original conversation was about proof such as proof of Lincoln and Einstein? Well there are multitude of proof for both of those men and their deeds yet all you have provided me is this sign of Jonah passage. When I asked you what that was you said it's a topological metaphor...

Extraordinary claims about life, how it started, magic beings, sorcery and all the mysteries all come down to this explanation "I give you a metaphor as proof"

Surprised how you are still holding on to your beliefs as feable as they are. That feat of delusion and stubborn refusal to not accept overwhelming proof against Christianity is truly a sight to behold. Religion must give you something really valuable that you are willing to overlook so much wrong with it. Maybe you are like that kid who starts smoking and drinking because he feels left out from his buddies who are all doing it. Or like that wife who is willing to stick to an abusive partner because he pays the bills and tells herself she can change him. Who knows maybe you are afraid to think for yourself?

It sure does. It answers how you harden your heart whenever something is presented to you. You have already made up your mind before considering the evidence. This is called "bias". You are not open to anything. This is why I wasn't going to straight up give you the answer. You just don't have the ability to understand as you don't have the Holy Spirit.

The sign of Jonah provides 0 evidence for God? Was is not said that the sign of Jonah was referring to the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Jesus? The entirety of the Christian faith hinges on the resurrection of Jesus. Once again, can we trust the Bible? I already made a thread about this: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66318140&f=125

I do remember the original conversation, the point was proven in that, in time all we will have are the written documents. We've never met Lincoln and Einstein in the flesh and yet we have evidence they existed. So it's true for the Bible. These things were written down, recorded and passed down through generation after generation. Still going strong for over 2,000 years.

Oh? What are you offering in place of eternal life? You can try and twist the story of having wisdom which will be addressed in the sermon at Church later today. I already told you that Christianity literally saved my life, physically and spiritually. Are you making an assumption about me? I don't smoke and I've never drunk alcohol.

Think for myself? Way ahead of you. I did all the research and made all the threads over the years. Turns out if you actually do research, ask, seek and knock then the answers will be open to you. The reason this is so difficult for you is simple, you are still stuck on the tutorial.

You can start off by reading this:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.
Jul 22 2023 05:59pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 23 2023 10:26am)
It sure does. It answers how you harden your heart whenever something is presented to you. You have already made up your mind before considering the evidence. This is called "bias". You are not open to anything. This is why I wasn't going to straight up give you the answer. You just don't have the ability to understand as you don't have the Holy Spirit.

The sign of Jonah provides 0 evidence for God? Was is not said that the sign of Jonah was referring to the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Jesus? The entirety of the Christian faith hinges on the resurrection of Jesus. Once again, can we trust the Bible? I already made a thread about this: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66318140&f=125

I do remember the original conversation, the point was proven in that, in time all we will have are the written documents. We've never met Lincoln and Einstein in the flesh and yet we have evidence they existed. So it's true for the Bible. These things were written down, recorded and passed down through generation after generation. Still going strong for over 2,000 years.

Oh? What are you offering in place of eternal life? You can try and twist the story of having wisdom which will be addressed in the sermon at Church later today. I already told you that Christianity literally saved my life, physically and spiritually. Are you making an assumption about me? I don't smoke and I've never drunk alcohol.

Think for myself? Way ahead of you. I did all the research and made all the threads over the years. Turns out if you actually do research, ask, seek and knock then the answers will be open to you. The reason this is so difficult for you is simple, you are still stuck on the tutorial.

You can start off by reading this:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

So according to you a topographical metaphor is considered evidence... This is next level of simping.

I already explained the numerous evidence we have of Einstein and Lincoln which is vast consisting of thousands of sources. All we have of jesus is a mention from 1 book some 2000 years ago. And then copies and copies of the same thing. Even if a guy called jesus/yeshua did exist you certainly have even less evidence for the magic claims he performed.

Maybe realise you were brainwashed and need help. Maybe a first step is to examining your beliefs.

I for one won't be guillable to believe that man was created by a magic wizard out of dust and woman out of a rib in a magic garden, a talking snake and magic apples or whatever the fuck it tries to sell. The garden of Eden story is no different from any other creation myths, legends and folk tales that just about every culture on the planet had. Everyone has these made up bullshit stories yours just happened to come from a small part of the middle east.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1198199200201202307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll