d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1197198199200201307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 22 2023 03:28am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 22 2023 08:47pm)
Thank you for proving my point when I said the following:

I hope you now understand why I didn't answer the question straight up. Your response says it all.

This doesn't answer anything. Your sign of Jonah provides 0 evidence for God. Just more meaningless words and analogies from the bible. Do you even remember when our original conversation was about proof such as proof of Lincoln and Einstein? Well there are multitude of proof for both of those men and their deeds yet all you have provided me is this sign of Jonah passage. When I asked you what that was you said it's a topological metaphor...

Extraordinary claims about life, how it started, magic beings, sorcery and all the mysteries all come down to this explanation "I give you a metaphor as proof"

Surprised how you are still holding on to your beliefs as feable as they are. That feat of delusion and stubborn refusal to not accept overwhelming proof against Christianity is truly a sight to behold. Religion must give you something really valuable that you are willing to overlook so much wrong with it. Maybe you are like that kid who starts smoking and drinking because he feels left out from his buddies who are all doing it. Or like that wife who is willing to stick to an abusive partner because he pays the bills and tells herself she can change him. Who knows maybe you are afraid to think for yourself?

Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 22 2023 03:46am
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 12:35am)
So jesus saying that "son of man" will be in earth for 3 days and nights.

39 He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now something greater than Jonah is here.

Doesn't mention anything about crucifixion or ressurecttion.

https://i.ibb.co/DCh3rtp/pasted-image-0.png

But ok I'll assume for the sake of moving along that this is what it means. So I am asking for proof of this incredibly elusive God and according to you I am wicked and adulterous. That the only thing I will be given is a sign of Jonah. Which apparently means crucifiction, burial and resurrection. Cool where is that? Never seen this sign ever. If you get swallowed by a whale/big fish you are not living for very long underwater inside a stomach full of digestive acids. That's physically impossible so where is this sign of Jonah? People been waiting for thousands of years where is it? All I hear is excuses and copouts.

i know and remember where you got that meme. ................'kinda dishonest
The Mind-Blowing Meaning Behind the Sign of Jonah
https://crossexamined.org/the-mind-blowing-meaning-behind-the-sign-of-jonah/

sign of jonah simply means "wondrous sign" the wondrous sign you have been given is you how many times will you force me to say it? your proof of God/creation
Psalm 139:14 King James Version
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 01:25am)
<_< this is your big gotcha moment?....

Your married bachelor is a logically impossible statement it is also infallible. You are also talking about logic itself an abstract concept.

In this thread physical/hard proof is asked for many supernatural/magical creatures and phenomenon described in the bible which are fallible. One can demonstrate a talking snake by presenting a snake that talks. Or one can present proof of walking on water or raising people from the dead. Christian God can show up and perform some magic like throw a fireball from his hand and then fly off. Jesus could make an appearance and demonstrate his magic by multiplying baskets of food in front of live audience and cameras. Etc.

You are applying false analogy to your argument to no one's surprise.

What's next Paley's watchmaker analogy?

watch the atheist /antitheist admit to then dismiss the obvious, an extraordinary creature (its not design, its only "appearance" of design)
“Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose.” {Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker, 1996, p. 1}

Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 22 2023 01:47am)
Thank you for proving my point when I said the following:

I hope you now understand why I didn't answer the question straight up. Your response says it all.

vastet is giving his wiggling ears a rest

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jul 22 2023 03:47am
Gold: 9,164.33
Jul 22 2023 04:26am
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 01:25am)
<_< this is your big gotcha moment?....

Your married bachelor is a logically impossible statement it is also infallible. You are also talking about logic itself an abstract concept.

In this thread physical/hard proof is asked for many supernatural/magical creatures and phenomenon described in the bible which are fallible. One can demonstrate a talking snake by presenting a snake that talks. Or one can present proof of walking on water or raising people from the dead. Christian God can show up and perform some magic like throw a fireball from his hand and then fly off. Jesus could make an appearance and demonstrate his magic by multiplying baskets of food in front of live audience and cameras. Etc.

You are applying false analogy to your argument to no one's surprise.

What's next Paley's watchmaker analogy?

it is also infallible? How? It's nonsensical, not infallible. If you mean the axiomatic omnipotence is infallible, then I understand.

Someone appearing and claiming to be the christian god and throwing a fireball and flying off would be sufficient proof to you of the omnipotent christian god? That would be enough?

This post was edited by majorblood on Jul 22 2023 04:52am
Jul 22 2023 04:48am
Quote (TiStuff @ Jul 22 2023 09:46pm)
i know and remember where you got that meme. ................'kinda dishonest
The Mind-Blowing Meaning Behind the Sign of Jonah
https://crossexamined.org/the-mind-blowing-meaning-behind-the-sign-of-jonah/

sign of jonah simply means "wondrous sign" the wondrous sign you have been given is you how many times will you force me to say it? your (you're or you are) proof of God/creation
Psalm 139:14 King James Version
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

watch the atheist /antitheist admit to then dismiss the obvious, an extraordinary creature (its not design, its only "appearance" of design)
“Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose.” {Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker, 1996, p. 1}

vastet is giving his wiggling ears a rest

Not willing to entertain your mindless and irrelevant spam as you haven't established the how. Repeat spam "you are proof!" is a meaningless statement. Connect the dots first, otherwise don't bother.
Jul 22 2023 05:06am
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 22 2023 10:26pm)
it is also infallible? How? It's nonsensical, not infallible. If you mean the axiomatic omnipotence is infallible, then I understand.

Someone appearing and claiming to the the christian god and throwing a fireball and flying off would be sufficient proof to you of the omnipotent christian god? That would be enough?

It would be a start but yea. As long as it's not an illusion or some kind magic trick can be documented, observed by multiple witnesses etc something that demonstrates the claimed magic of the bible. Like for example jesus multiplied 2 fish and 5 loafs of bread among 5000 people. If this jesus guy shows up and multiplies a fish burger burger in front of me 5000 times then I'll be open. If spiderman shows up starts shooting webs out of his hands and jumps around like the comic books describe then spiderman is real to me. Right now as it stands bible just another children's bedtime fairytale.
Jul 22 2023 05:10am
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 03:48am)
Not willing to entertain your mindless and irrelevant spam as you haven't established the how. Repeat spam "you are proof!" is a meaningless statement. Connect the dots first, otherwise don't bother.

science has no explanation for life and if science cant explain something then by definition its supernatural and its all around you.

science has an explanation how this makes its self? gotta be batchit crazy to still believe darwin nonsense. atheists are a testament to pigheaded.
GTFO

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jul 22 2023 05:25am
Jul 22 2023 06:29am
If you showed an aeroplane to a tribal in some jungle of the Amazon for the first time they might think it's some kind of a bird or call it supernatural magic. If you describe a cellphone to a Christian 1000 years ago they would burn you at a stake and accuse you of witchcraft.

This is a childish logic to conclude just because something isn't currently explicable or understood doesn't make it automatically magic or supernatural. All you are doing is playing semantic games.

Just because there are some mysteries, unexplored phenomenon and unanswered questions about life on other planets or exact origins of man doesn't automatically make it a magic sky wizard and talking snakes are the basis of all creation.
This is iron age copium reserved for the most anti intellectual types you can imagine.

Once when we were little kids there were things we couldn't explain, understand or even comprehend. Not long ago people thought AI and robots were pure fantasy. There is no magic, no supernatural nonsense just science. Give it time
Gold: 9,164.33
Jul 22 2023 07:38am
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 04:06am)
It would be a start but yea. As long as it's not an illusion or some kind magic trick can be documented, observed by multiple witnesses etc something that demonstrates the claimed magic of the bible. Like for example jesus multiplied 2 fish and 5 loafs of bread among 5000 people. If this jesus guy shows up and multiplies a fish burger burger in front of me 5000 times then I'll be open. If spiderman shows up starts shooting webs out of his hands and jumps around like the comic books describe then spiderman is real to me. Right now as it stands bible just another children's bedtime fairytale.

It would be incredibly impressive, but it might just be a very advanced lifeform, technology, or a mass delusion. Not convincing for omnipotence.

I think calling the bible 'just another children's bedtime fairytale' is overly dismissive as it's incredibly important to western morality and law

since you brought it up a few times, i'm not religious, but that's unimportant
Jul 22 2023 10:22am
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 05:29am)
If you showed an aeroplane to a tribal in some jungle of the Amazon for the first time they might think it's some kind of a bird or call it supernatural magic. If you describe a cellphone to a Christian 1000 years ago they would burn you at a stake and accuse you of witchcraft.

This is a childish logic to conclude just because something isn't currently explicable or understood doesn't make it automatically magic or supernatural. All you are doing is playing semantic games.

Just because there are some mysteries, unexplored phenomenon and unanswered questions about life on other planets or exact origins of man doesn't automatically make it a magic sky wizard and talking snakes are the basis of all creation.
This is iron age copium reserved for the most anti intellectual types you can imagine.

Once when we were little kids there were things we couldn't explain, understand or even comprehend. Not long ago people thought AI and robots were pure fantasy. There is no magic, no supernatural nonsense just science. Give it time

you see it with your own eyes and look at those pathetic excuses you tell your self

remember what dawkins said? its only "appearance" of design.

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jul 22 2023 10:25am
Jul 22 2023 02:21pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 23 2023 01:38am)
It would be incredibly impressive, but it might just be a very advanced lifeform, technology, or a mass delusion. Not convincing for omnipotence.

I think calling the bible 'just another children's bedtime fairytale' is overly dismissive as it's incredibly important to western morality and law

since you brought it up a few times, i'm not religious, but that's unimportant

There is too many holes too many contradictions, no evidence presented over 2000 years, all we have is a book that gets repeated over and over.

Virtually all cultures from every part of the globe had their own mythological stories and explanations made up for life and cosmology. Bible is just another one of those stories that came out certain regions of Middle East.

There might be some elements of truth here and there but as a whole these are children's fairytales. I am not overly dismissive. If I pick up a Harry Potter book or some pagan mythology I usually dismiss it on the spot and not ever bother researching and trying to test it for any feasibility. Bible was read, tested research and examined very thoroughly. This is simply a conclusion after thousands of years of evidence and probing. But you are saying it's overly dismissive is just your lack of observation.

If you want to hold a logical absolute that there is a possibility, a chance or hope that the bible is true then cool you go ahead and hold on to that possibility. I have conditional acceptance in my view it has to pass certain level of proof before I entertain its dogma. Otherwise it's not practical or erroneous mental construct. Having skepticism is a healthy way to weed out impractical and harmful thoughts.

This post was edited by addone on Jul 22 2023 02:50pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1197198199200201307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll