d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1196197198199200307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 22 2023 12:02am
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 22 2023 03:57pm)
since it was a bit confusing to you it would be easier to start with definitions

define omnipotent

Why don't you explain your own confusing analogy and your own definitions because it makes no sense. Don't ask others to explain it for you, that's not how it works lol

This post was edited by addone on Jul 22 2023 12:03am
Gold: 95,350.00
Jul 22 2023 12:02am
a religion created by man from a book written by men.

What could go wrong
Gold: 9,164.33
Jul 22 2023 12:10am
Quote (addone @ Jul 21 2023 11:02pm)
Why don't you explain your own confusing analogy and your own definitions because it makes no sense. Don't ask others to explain it for you, that's not how it works lol

we need to agree upon a definition since you are confused

define omnipotent
Jul 22 2023 12:38am
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 22 2023 06:10pm)
we need to agree upon a definition since you are confused

define omnipotent

Having Unlimited power, all powerful, having authority and influence etc. Now explain why you added married bachelor to this discussion? When your original statement was

Quote (majorblood @ Jul 20 2023 09:02pm)
an omnipotent being can exist even if logically it does not make sense

And get to your point FAST because I am getting bored of your drawn out hypothetical argument. The only reason I am giving you a time of day is because I said I'll try hear Christians out of courtesy. But you are losing me fast.
Jul 22 2023 12:46am
Quote (addone @ Jul 21 2023 11:38pm)
Having Unlimited power, all powerful, having authority and influence etc. Now explain why you added married bachelor to this discussion? When your original statement was

And get to your point FAST because I am getting bored of your drawn out hypothetical argument. The only reason I am giving you a time of day is because I said I'll try hear Christians out of courtesy. But you are losing me fast.

I brought up the idea of a 'married bachelor' because you said logically an omnipotent being can exist, however an omnipotent being cannot create something that can logically satisfy a married bachelor to me as it is nonsensical gibberish following the rules of logic.

you said an omnipotent being can logically exist though, how?
Jul 22 2023 01:04am
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 22 2023 06:46pm)
I brought up the idea of a 'married bachelor' because you said logically an omnipotent being can exist, however an omnipotent being cannot create something that can logically satisfy a married bachelor to me as it is nonsensical gibberish following the rules of logic.

you said an omnipotent being can logically exist though, how?

So your whole argument can the word omnipotent superceed logic itself?
Well if you define word omnipotent as unlimited power and authority then what does unlimited power mean? As far as I can tell unlimited implies everything without restriction all realms time space including all human concepts such as logic. If not then it's not unlimited is it?

Hope that helps your philosophical conundrum.

This post was edited by addone on Jul 22 2023 01:06am
Jul 22 2023 01:22am
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 12:04am)
So your whole argument can the word omnipotent superceed logic itself?
Well if you define word omnipotent as unlimited power and authority then what does unlimited power mean? As far as I can tell unlimited implies everything without restriction all realms time space including all human concepts such as logic. If not then it's not unlimited is it?

Hope that helps your philosophical conundrum.

agreed, but it would mean it's not logically possible but remains axiomatically possible

you are asking for proof of an omnipotent being, which is not possible for anyone to provide by definition.

this entire thread is pointless, is my point
Jul 22 2023 01:35am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 22 2023 11:10am)
The phrase “sign of Jonah” was used by Jesus as a typological metaphor for His future crucifixion, burial, and resurrection.

So jesus saying that "son of man" will be in earth for 3 days and nights.

39 He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now something greater than Jonah is here.

Doesn't mention anything about crucifixion or ressurecttion.

But ok I'll assume for the sake of moving along that this is what it means. So I am asking for proof of this incredibly elusive God and according to you I am wicked and adulterous. That the only thing I will be given is a sign of Jonah. Which apparently means crucifiction, burial and resurrection. Cool where is that? Never seen this sign ever. If you get swallowed by a whale/big fish you are not living for very long underwater inside a stomach full of digestive acids. That's physically impossible so where is this sign of Jonah? People been waiting for thousands of years where is it? All I hear is excuses and copouts.
Jul 22 2023 02:25am
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 22 2023 07:22pm)
agreed, but it would mean it's not logically possible but remains axiomatically possible

you are asking for proof of an omnipotent being, which is not possible for anyone to provide by definition.

this entire thread is pointless, is my point

<_< this is your big gotcha moment?....

Your married bachelor is a logically impossible statement it is also infallible. You are also talking about logic itself an abstract concept.

In this thread physical/hard proof is asked for many supernatural/magical creatures and phenomenon described in the bible which are fallible. One can demonstrate a talking snake by presenting a snake that talks. Or one can present proof of walking on water or raising people from the dead. Christian God can show up and perform some magic like throw a fireball from his hand and then fly off. Jesus could make an appearance and demonstrate his magic by multiplying baskets of food in front of live audience and cameras. Etc.

You are applying false analogy to your argument to no one's surprise.

What's next Paley's watchmaker analogy?
Gold: 0.00
Jul 22 2023 02:47am
Quote (addone @ Jul 22 2023 05:35pm)
So jesus saying that "son of man" will be in earth for 3 days and nights.

39 He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now something greater than Jonah is here.

Doesn't mention anything about crucifixion or ressurecttion.

https://i.ibb.co/DCh3rtp/pasted-image-0.png

But ok I'll assume for the sake of moving along that this is what it means. So I am asking for proof of this incredibly elusive God and according to you I am wicked and adulterous. That the only thing I will be given is a sign of Jonah. Which apparently means crucifiction, burial and resurrection. Cool where is that? Never seen this sign ever. If you get swallowed by a whale/big fish you are not living for very long underwater inside a stomach full of digestive acids. That's physically impossible so where is this sign of Jonah? People been waiting for thousands of years where is it? All I hear is excuses and copouts.

Thank you for proving my point when I said the following:

Quote (CPK001)
You are not ready to understand the sign of Jonah. You're still stuck on the tutorial level.

Quote (addone)
Any other Christian brave enough to explain what a sign of Jonah is to non religious person like me?

If you want people to even begin to attempt to read your walls off topic text then at least have the decency to answering a simple question.

I hope you now understand why I didn't answer the question straight up. Your response says it all.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1196197198199200307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll