d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1196819691970197119723169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 8 2018 09:40am
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/donald-trump-says-wont-extend-white-house-invitation-nba-champions-141323731.html

In other new's I am officially rescinding my invite for Hope Hicks to have sex with me.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 8 2018 10:05am
Quote (excellence @ 8 Jun 2018 00:56)
well time to pack it in boys.

with the caps winning the stanley cup and likely visiting the white house, drumpf will be forced to show his russian ties when he shakes hands with alex ovechkin, who is friends with the adopted son and protege of putin

https://cdni.rt.com/files/2017.11/article/5a17d4e6fc7e938d568b4567.jpg

http://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/189/2017/02/PutinOviBox.jpg

was a good run, enjoyed dying multiple times with everyone during the past years thanks to drumpf’s winning.

Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 8 2018 10:07am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 8 2018 09:03am)
This is a circus. For decades now prominent black figures have been asking for "criminal justice reform", that standard package strawman from the right has always been "you're not an expert so we don't need to listen to you". the correct response to that is of course, "we aren't suggesting specific laws, we're just making our observations of unfair treatment known so we can get exposure to study it." Then after decades the advocates were forced to get saavy, because the right couldn't see they were strawmanning. So now we have well read activists (still a minority among activists) that are ignorred so the right can continue strawmanning the ignorant activists who aren't trying to suggest smart policy. Now in a brilliant move trump decides to invite the ignorant activists to come in and cherrypick prisoners for release? basically, rather than study and quantify/verify any injustices, setting a very clear precedent about where racism stands in america, Trump is offering an olive branch to the ignorant and skipping the research. the black population will probably look on this favorably, not realizing once again they were passed over and are getting crumbs.

Kim Kardashian, still living up to her role as nothing but temporary release of pent up pressure for black men.

I think its a perfectly rational response to an irrational movement. There's an old saying about arguing with a fool. So why try to engage BLM on its own level when even the most well read activists are still just marshaling an ignorant mass? There's not even a scant shred of possibility of tackling the real injustices and root problems when a hate crusade is trying to lynch their scapegoats. Manipulating them with 4d chess is fair game. And if some political strategist invented this for Trump he deserves a raise, and if its Trump's idea then even his cultists are underestimating him. He's bridging BLM and the NFL protests and racial injustice and putting himself in a position where he doesn't even need to absorb any risk yet gets to be cast as the magnanimous savior. It hits all of his bases, even the argument over the legitimacy of his pardon power. Once again, Trump is cynically manipulating people but doing it with an almost disturbing degree of low cunning.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 8 2018 10:16am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 8 2018 09:07am)
I think its a perfectly rational response to an irrational movement. There's an old saying about arguing with a fool. So why try to engage BLM on its own level when even the most well read activists are still just marshaling an ignorant mass? There's not even a scant shred of possibility of tackling the real injustices and root problems when a hate crusade is trying to lynch their scapegoats. Manipulating them with 4d chess is fair game. And if some political strategist invented this for Trump he deserves a raise, and if its Trump's idea then even his cultists are underestimating him. He's bridging BLM and the NFL protests and racial injustice and putting himself in a position where he doesn't even need to absorb any risk yet gets to be cast as the magnanimous savior. It hits all of his bases, even the argument over the legitimacy of his pardon power. Once again, Trump is cynically manipulating people but doing it with an almost disturbing degree of low cunning.

Jun 8 2018 10:18am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 8 2018 10:07am)

Not reading.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 8 2018 10:51am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 8 2018 12:18pm)
Not reading.

Weve finally broken him
Gold: 13,704.02
Jun 8 2018 10:54am
Quote (excellence @ Jun 8 2018 11:05am)

collusion Confirmed. Imagine when they go to the white house.

Surely this is the end.
Jun 8 2018 10:56am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 8 2018 10:51am)
Weve finally broken him

i just have no desire to get into a nuanced modernist perspective on the issue. i dont want to spend a week discussing factors like "the ever changing landscape of BLM and regional differences inside the movement" or "FBI data collection on black activist groups compared to white activist groups" or "the media's coverage and how it differs from right to left when covering white and black crimes, by region, by president, over time".

its simple, black people have largely been ignored in their requests for criminal justice reform. now they're being handed a crumb. i don't need to factor in the 47 facets of the ciminal justice system, media, and population. i spent 4 years doing that in undergrad, so did goom. he came out of it with a similar but slightly different perspective than i did, we largely agree and it takes hours to find where we dont and why we dont. BOOOOOOOOORING

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 8 2018 10:57am
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 8 2018 11:56am
they should recommend all the names of those slaughtered by police without trial or justice

let's see where it goes from there
Jun 8 2018 12:19pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 8 2018 11:56am)
they should recommend all the names of those slaughtered by police without trial or justice

let's see where it goes from there

they could be snarky and get nothing done for CJ reform, basically following the playbook for liberals for the last 10 years.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1196819691970197119723169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll