d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1195419551956195719583169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 5 2018 06:25pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 5 2018 05:14pm)
The really amusing thing in these posts. There's like 3-4 people that seem to think they are on a mission from god or some shyt.

If you don't like the US, patriotism, things the way they are at a football game... you can always leave.

is there more irony or ignorance in this post from this specific member I can't figure out the math on it
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 5 2018 06:35pm

They even have propaganda on TV now. :/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7215444/
Jun 5 2018 06:54pm
U.S. lawmakers seek to block Trump on tariffs

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-senate/u-s-lawmakers-seek-to-block-trump-on-tariffs-idUSKCN1J127G

Republican Senator Bob Corker, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, said legislation would be introduced on Tuesday or Wednesday that would pare back the president’s authority under Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962.

Corker, what a surprise. I'd bet money McCain will follow suit. :/

Corker declined to say how many other senators supported the legislation, but said there was “a big list” of both Republicans and Democrats.

Big list, but won't say how many... hmmm. :/

/e

Republican senators, president to discuss anti-China measure at White House

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cfius-congress/republican-senators-president-to-discuss-anti-china-measure-at-white-house-idUSKCN1J12Q5

Cornyn has spearheaded efforts in Congress to win passage of a bill to tighten oversight by the inter-agency Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, or CFIUS. The measure, which is aimed at keeping China from acquiring high-end U.S. technology, has been put into a must-pass defense policy bill called the National Defense Authorization Act or NDAA.

“This is not a trade issue. This is a national security issue,” Cornyn told reporters. “It is directed at the most egregious offender of this process, which is China, and I believe it’s something that’s very important in our national security.”

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 5 2018 06:58pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 5 2018 07:02pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jun 5 2018 05:59pm)
my original statement involving the idea of veterans, was combo'd at the end with a question mark for a reason. it was not even an issue i was concerned with, just one keyword that was popping up. you responded with.

you threw out everything else said and focused on the one word.

was it when i said he was kneeling on behalf the oppression of black people?
was it when i said it was about race and giving america the middle finger?
maybe when i said it was because there is a time and a place, it's not exactly his protest that is the issue?
maybe you only read 1 word and didn't see the question mark.

veteran

So after admitting to being ignorant then posting u did zero reading and depended on me to educate u? Kids these days
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 5 2018 07:05pm
Does Jeff Sessions have any respect for himself? The President shits on him on Twitter almost every day now. The way these Republicans like Sessions, Ryan and McConnell have just bent over and lost all principles and respect for themselves has been incredible to watch.

Vocal critics of the President like Ben Sasse are suddenly no where to be found. Practically the only Republican critics of Trump are the ones retiring or already retired. Behind closed doors, everyone in Washington knows how much of a disaster this presidency has been.

Boehner and Kasich are right. The GOP has gone dormant. This is the party of Trump.
Jun 5 2018 07:09pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 5 2018 09:05pm)
Does Jeff Sessions have any respect for himself? The President shits on him on Twitter almost every day now. The way these Republicans like Sessions, Ryan and McConnell have just bent over and lost all principles and respect for themselves has been incredible to watch.

Vocal critics of the President like Ben Sasse are suddenly no where to be found. Practically the only Republican critics of Trump are the ones retiring or already retired. Behind closed doors, everyone in Washington knows how much of a disaster this presidency has been.

Boehner and Kasich are right. The GOP has gone dormant. This is the party of Trump.

Nice link, or is this just another... opinion?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 5 2018 07:22pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 5 2018 07:14pm)
The really amusing thing in these posts. There's like 3-4 people that seem to think they are on a mission from god or some shyt.

If you don't like the US, patriotism, things the way they are at a football game... you can always leave.

You've got some serious nerve, breaking that tired shit out.

I'm a veteran. I walked the walk. I've been a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars for about 30 years (and a life member for over 20). I'm the Adjutant and Quartermaster of my Post. I sure as hell didn't serve this country to make sure that people are forced to stand at attention while a song plays and a piece of cloth waves. I served to ensure that people continue to have the right to speak out about things they feel strongly about. To petition their government for their grievances.

You (and many, many people like you) have co-opted and used my service as a bludgeon against those exercising their rights, by saying that I, as a veteran, should be offended because someone kneeled during the Anthem.

Fuck that. Veterans aren't your fucking shillelagh.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 5 2018 07:23pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ 5 Jun 2018 21:05)

Lol at those two
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/11/08/john-kasich-speech-american-enterprise-institute/93495856/

Kasich tried to plan a hostile takeover of the (R) party 2 days after the election - it failed becaue a: Drumpf won the presidency and b: Kasich couldnt get his jumbo deli order finalized in time

Boehner dunno whats his deal, prob mad hes not the most successful orange politician anymore. That or and/or malboro stopped making his favorite blend of ciggies
Jun 5 2018 07:31pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jun 5 2018 09:22pm)
You've got some serious nerve, breaking that tired shit out.

I'm a veteran. I walked the walk. I've been a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars for about 30 years (and a life member for over 20). I'm the Adjutant and Quartermaster of my Post. I sure as hell didn't serve this country to make sure that people are forced to stand at attention while a song plays and a piece of cloth waves. I served to ensure that people continue to have the right to speak out about things they feel strongly about. To petition their government for their grievances.

You (and many, many people like you) have co-opted and used my service as a bludgeon against those exercising their rights, by saying that I, as a veteran, should be offended because someone kneeled during the Anthem.

Fuck that. Veterans aren't your fucking shillelagh.

Wtf are you talking about? You sure you quoted the right person? Where did I ever mention veterans?

I'm a vet myself.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 5 2018 07:34pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 5 2018 08:31pm)
Wtf are you talking about? You sure you quoted the right person? Where did I ever mention veterans?

I'm a vet myself.

My point is that you nor anyone else has earned the right to tell me that I should leave this country if I don't like it.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1195419551956195719583169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll