d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1195119521953195419553169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 5 2018 02:57pm
are any of you war vets?
can i use the mcdonalds playplace? ... as long as my shoes are off, ok.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 5 2018 02:57pm
Quote (ampoo @ Jun 5 2018 01:50pm)
you know how it is nowadays, people fail at something and suddenly they are a wrongfully oppressed minority

surely it has nothing to do with him spreading a false narrative, being an average, way too expensive quarterback, who will bring loads of trouble or him opting out of his contract, which turned out to be an epic fail

fun fact: in german media it was repeatedly reported that kaepernick was fired by the 49ers for his kneeling protest, which is simply fake news

pretty much all knowledgeable and objective opinions agree that he is skilled enough to be on an nfl team roster and is obviously being black balled not related to performance
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 5 2018 03:02pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 5 Jun 2018 22:57)
pretty much all knowledgeable and objective opinions agree that he is skilled enough to be on an nfl team roster and is obviously being black balled not related to performance

thankfully its a bit more complex than that, some people even suggested kaepernick as aaron rodgers replacement, when he got injured, which is utterly ridiculous
not to mention the salary question

actually i just looked at all 32 teams and not a single one of them has a need for the guy
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 5 2018 03:06pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 5 2018 04:57pm)

Or he is being black balled, because he can't keep his politics out of a broadcast football game.
Jun 5 2018 03:17pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 5 2018 02:06pm)
Or he is being black balled, because he can't keep his politics out of a broadcast football game.

it's not just a football game if a man doesn't have the freedom to choose between standing and kneeling when a flag waves and an anthem plays

You ol' boys incorporating worship made it what it is not a man bringing awareness to abuse from an injustice system
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 5 2018 03:22pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jun 5 2018 02:35pm)
you are claiming these places of "no influence" are the reason i am influenced into my perspective.
how do they not work then?

i have been staying away from this subject mostly entirely because i don't watch football.
you are all pissed at me because i made a joke about cnn and msnbc. i wasn't denying anything. not the fox story, not trumps remarks being bad. i did question the race issue as to how the subject was forced on me. now i have to defend myself about this bs.

i still don't get it. is it about race or veterans? make up your mind

edit:
honestly it doesn't matter. i'll keep looking through more outlets though
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4539225/take-a-knee-nfl-us-national-anthem-donald-trump-latest/

it's about race and giving america the middle finger.
i stand by my previous "ill-informed" response.

no one ever thought it was about veterans. you're showing yourself to be ignorant, at least you admit you haven't looked into it. The protest is about racial injustice. It was changed because it was insensitive to veterans in its virgin form, but it's not about veterans or veterans rights. the conservative right made it about that because they knew if they made it look like blacks were disrespecting veterans the public would turn on them even more than they were. and here you are, a sucker who bought it. good thing you have been avoiding looking like an ignorant fool for so long.

Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 5 2018 02:57pm)

this is incorrect. he's objectively good enough to be a backup for most teams, a 3rd for any team, and an outside chance for starter for a few specific rosters. but for that amount of money he wants he doesn't belong on any roster. he's a backup that wants starter money, because he's famous.

Quote (excellence @ Jun 5 2018 02:45pm)
‘too much like a thug’ or ‘too black’?
das racist

e: reported, btw

oh also the seahawks used that old systemic racism against minorities when they didnt sign him. no way will they employ a black quarterback on that team!!!

the discussion happened months ago we’re just recycling the same stuff. its more fun this way anyway. had no qualms regarding the protest when it started and feel the same today.

"too black" and "too much like a thug" are quotes i've heard personally from his family. so both i guess
Jun 5 2018 03:29pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 5 2018 05:17pm)
it's not just a football game if a man doesn't have the freedom to choose between standing and kneeling when a flag waves and an anthem plays

You ol' boys incorporating worship made it what it is not a man bringing awareness to abuse from an injustice system

No one is arguing wtf someone does when the anthem plays, just anywhere. We're talking about an entertainment venue that we pay for, aka cable TV etc.
If that jerk wants to get all public about something, fine... do it on his own dime.

There's nothing stopping him from buying time on TV, or writing a book, or gettin on a soapbox. It's just when he USES the NFL, the viewers etc., to get his message out, that he should be shut down.

He's paid to play football, he knew about the National Anthem being played at football games (and what football players were expected to do) before he left grade school.

This is just another case of some millionaire fuck, cheating the NFL and the viewer, because he's a whiner.
Jun 5 2018 03:31pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 5 2018 02:29pm)
No one is arguing wtf someone does when the anthem plays, just anywhere. We're talking about an entertainment venue that we pay for, aka cable TV etc.
If that jerk wants to get all public about something, fine... do it on his own dime.

There's nothing stopping him from buying time on TV, or writing a book, or gettin on a soapbox. It's just when he USES the NFL, the viewers etc., to get his message out, that he should be shut down.

He's paid to play football, he knew about the National Anthem being played at football games (and what football players were expected to do) before he left grade school.

This is just another case of some millionaire fuck, cheating the NFL and the viewer, because he's a whiner.

want politics out of football?

no flag
no anthem

Jun 5 2018 03:33pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 5 2018 05:31pm)
want politics out of football?

no flag
no anthem

It's the National football league, and it's already agreed upon by the NFL and the viewers. The kneeling of dipshyts... isn't. Or any other activity during the Natl. Anthem.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 5 2018 03:33pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 5 2018 03:33pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 5 2018 03:29pm)

that's not how the free market works. you as the consumer can choose to stop buying the product, then they can make changes. people spoke, and the league answered. but the players themselves owe you nothing in this transaction, they are employees that can be hired and fired.

i would say i find it hilarious that you think you're literally owed something by what comes out of a TV screen, but obvious things are hard to make comedic. you're a predictable selfish ideologue. this is par for your course. more predictable than old yellar.

Quote (Ghot @ Jun 5 2018 03:33pm)
It's the National football league, and it's already agreed upon by the NFL and the viewers. The kneeling of dipshyts... isn't. Or any other activity during the Natl. Anthem.

omg did you just emphasize a word as an argument. how cute, you're living up to your baby boomer idiocy.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 5 2018 03:34pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1195119521953195419553169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll