d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1194819491950195119523169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 5 2018 02:12am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 5 2018 01:46am)
Here in the world that's not spinning:

The only bipartisan committee investigating the Russian interference agree with the IC assessment that Putin was trying to help Trump. Trump's own appointees now run the IC... and they've all agreed with that assessment as well.

So Goom knows more than all of those Trump appointees who have access to the most sensitive intelligence on the matter?

I don't think so.

I think with John Brennan involved, it sure is easy for a politicized IC and politicized senate to conflate 'hurt hillary' and 'help trump'. Because anyone could argue the two are synonymous and draw no distinction and use this to push a conclusion of 'interfere to help trump win'

But I dont give them any trust. I trust only the facts we know, and the rampant leaking to be reasonably sure we know most of what they know. And nothing anyone has presented has made that supported that distinction. And there remains that critical lapse in logic that needs to be explained away somehow- why would Putin think Trump has any serious chance of winning when basically everyone everywhere expected a Hillary win?

Until I see that, I have no reason to trust 3 unaccountable agencies rife with politicized actors, especially headed by those with axes to grind. Not when they were headed by an anti-Trump Obama administration before inauguration, not when new faces had reason not to backtrack on such nuance and appear politically compromised themselves. I dont think its the job of either new IC heads or senators to pick that hill to die on even if they know its 'technically inaccurate'. The politics would overwheln them, the distinction is so acute. I trust their assessment as much as I believe in yellowcake uranium and aluminium tubing. And its particularly high readin on the bullshit-o-meter if the IC could claim on Jan 7 2016 a deep inside knowledge of Putin's motives, yet in the year and a half since we still havent seen either Mueller or the IC produce any evidence of Putins handiwork let alone something acquired that early on. If they had rock solid basis for that assessment, why did we wait so long to get indictments on.... just some internet trolls, on a flimsy premise? Why are we stuck with forensica on whether Guccifer 2.0 didnt use his VPN once as proof the Kremlin was involved? If we knew what Putin was personally directing and why, we'd have him far more compromised with direct surveillance

Give me a real reason to believe Putin wanted to help Trump, not just hurt Hillary. I like logic and motive, not blind faith in all too fallible authority

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jun 5 2018 02:20am
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 5 2018 02:26am
I still dont get all the fuss about the distinction between "hurt/discredit hillary" and "help trump" - the key question always was and still is: "has trump colluded with russia?"

and as far as we know to date, the answer to this key question is no, even though it seems obvious that putin was interfering in favor of trump/against hillary. but with hillary's history as a russia hawk and her bad personal chemistry with putin, it's not that hard to see reasons for putin to interfere in order to weaken her, not to strengthen trump.

moreover, the 2016 presidential race really brought to light massive fault lines inside the western societies which had been lurking beneath the surface for quite some time. if we're assuming that putin wants to weaken western democracy as a whole since it threatens his own autocratic/cleptocratic system, then it makes sense for him to try to reinforce those divisions in our western societies. since hillary had the support of an overwhelming majority of the media, of the cultural, societal, political and intellectual elites, it's obvious that putin had to "choose team trump" in order to stir shit up.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 5 2018 02:27am
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 5 2018 02:41am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 5 2018 03:12am)
I think with John Brennan involved, it sure is easy for a politicized IC and politicized senate to conflate 'hurt hillary' and 'help trump'. Because anyone could argue the two are synonymous and draw no distinction and use this to push a conclusion of 'interfere to help trump win'

But I dont give them any trust. I trust only the facts we know, and the rampant leaking to be reasonably sure we know most of what they know. And nothing anyone has presented has made that supported that distinction. And there remains that critical lapse in logic that needs to be explained away somehow- why would Putin think Trump has any serious chance of winning when basically everyone everywhere expected a Hillary win?

Until I see that, I have no reason to trust 3 unaccountable agencies rife with politicized actors, especially headed by those with axes to grind. Not when they were headed by an anti-Trump Obama administration before inauguration, not when new faces had reason not to backtrack on such nuance and appear politically compromised themselves. I trust their assessment as much as I believe in yellowcake uranium and aluminium tubing.

Give me a real reason to believe Putin wanted to help Trump, not just hurt Hillary. I like logic and motive, not blind faith in all too fallible authority

I don't keep up with the Hannity talking points much anymore... not sure how John Brennan is just assumed to be some political actor without integrity. That seems to be one of the most used and idiotic talking points of today... which is that any political appointee is just a hack with no integrity.

I don't think we know most of what they know. The Senate Intel Committee is chaired by a Republican who has shown that he's not a Trump flunkee, and they think the IC assessment is correct. I think that means something. Trump's IC appointees are men with integrity... so if they really had an issue with the assessment, they could bring it up.

I'm not hyper-skeptical of government officials and institutions like you are. There is no deep state. As of now, it seems that the hacks on the House Intel Committe are the only ones in government who don't accept the idea that Putin at some point started to try to help Trump. I trust the myriad of other Republicans and Trump appointees who say otherwise.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 5 2018 04:56am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 5 Jun 2018 10:26)
I still dont get all the fuss about the distinction between "hurt/discredit hillary" and "help trump" - the key question always was and still is: "has trump colluded with russia?"

and as far as we know to date, the answer to this key question is no, even though it seems obvious that putin was interfering in favor of trump/against hillary. but with hillary's history as a russia hawk and her bad personal chemistry with putin, it's not that hard to see reasons for putin to interfere in order to weaken her, not to strengthen trump.

moreover, the 2016 presidential race really brought to light massive fault lines inside the western societies which had been lurking beneath the surface for quite some time. if we're assuming that putin wants to weaken western democracy as a whole since it threatens his own autocratic/cleptocratic system, then it makes sense for him to try to reinforce those divisions in our western societies. since hillary had the support of an overwhelming majority of the media, of the cultural, societal, political and intellectual elites, it's obvious that putin had to "choose team trump" in order to stir shit up.

imo the reason to support trump was that russia would have a much easier time in syria with him (and they do just to name one example) compared to hillary
if you want to weaken the united states at home just support hillary and let the leftists do their destructive work
nobody could a better job dismantling the country than these guys

its the same in europe really, people talking about putin trying to undermine us fail to realise that russia does not need to do anything right now
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 5 2018 09:02am
Fake news:
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1003845673073238016

Fox News showing Eagles players kneeling while praying, not during the anthem.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 5 2018 09:12am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 4 2018 09:58pm)
In fact, nobody thought Trump was going to win, Putin included
that's a major point in understanding the dynamics and motivations, because it explains well how Putin was interfering to hurt Hillary in tit-for-tat retaliation against her 2011 violations of sovereignty against him, but was not motivated by trying to 'help Trump'. And thats why the nuance of 'help Trump' vs 'hurt Hillary' is something that politically motivated actors in the IC and media keep spinning wildly. They aren't the same. If Putin just assumed Hillary was going to easily win anyway, then pulling down her pants during the 2016 election was his power play to rattle her cage and Trump wasn't even a real factor in his decision making.

let's get this straight, they're not the same motivation, but the plan would be the same regardless of motivation, but the motivation matters more than the plan, because the media are misrepresenting it.

The plan, our weaknesses, etc is all that's ever mattered. you're asking them to be even more nuanced, while also complaining about the continued investigation. It should have been a technical investigation all along, now you want them to take it 5 steps further into implied and perceived motivations?

I get that media bias is a pet peeve of yours, it just makes you look like a hypocrite when you complain about the purvue of the investigation than suggest they need to expand it. Set aside all of the media coverage, and stop coming back to it like it matters.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 5 2018 10:47am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 5 2018 11:02am)
Fake news:

Derp
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 5 2018 01:19pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 5 2018 08:02am)
Fake news:

Fake news has issued an apology for their disgustingly misleading fake news report by fake news
not common we see an apology from fake news for their fake news so here is fake news's apology

Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 5 2018 01:23pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 5 2018 02:19pm)
Fake news has issued an apology for their disgustingly misleading fake news report by fake news
not common we see an apology from fake news for their fake news so here is fake news's apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=falG7Qrkcls

if only cnn and msnbc would do such.
it would take a decade just to write the apology
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1194819491950195119523169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll