d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1194319441945194619473169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 4 2018 05:58pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 5 2018 01:38am)
EndlessSky
Excellence
Majorblood
Goomshill
Ghot
bogie160
EA7
IgoSoHard
All Trump supporters and sympathizers

I want to hear y'all specifically weigh in on this topic. What do you think of Trump saying he can pardon himself?

he is a genius and now you know this
Gold: 57.00
Jun 4 2018 06:10pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ 4 Jun 2018 19:38)
EndlessSky
Excellence
Majorblood
Goomshill
Ghot
bogie160
EA7
IgoSoHard

I want to hear y'all specifically weigh in on this topic. What do you think of Trump saying he can pardon himself?

sure. look squirrel still works oh so well on the lefty media

as for the notion of a president pardoning themselves, im not a Constitutional scholar. nor do i pretend to be one, unlike most of the lefty/anti-drumpf talking voyeurs masquerading as ‘unbiased media’ that suddenly went to law school (like they went to business school and predicted an economic crash to happen immediately when drumpf got elected).

it depends how far one stretches the interpretation of the pardon section of article II section II (which is only for federal matters, and would include the whole lefty argument ‘rigging the election with putin and friends’ even though Pres Obama said its not possible to rig the election and ‘russian collusion with alex ovechkin and evgeni malkin’ etc. blah blah). there isnt much to stretch though. it does not explicitly say he cannot do so (unless impeached).

ice’s links probably have better insight. probably conservative interpretations but also probably mired in interpretations of the constitution rather than feelings about drumpf

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 4 2018 06:21pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 4 2018 06:12pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 4 2018 07:58pm)
The ability for a President pardon themselves is a murky legal area, but I agree that he probably can based on what I've read.

However, I'm more interested in what y'all think of him saying he can pardon himself rather than if he can or not. I don't think any of us know the answer to that question, and the only way we'd find out is a Constitutional crisis.

Trump on Twitter (June 4): Russia investigation, trade, China

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-tweet/trump-on-twitter-russia-investigation-trade-china-idUSKCN1J02AS

The following statements were posted to the verified Twitter accounts of U.S. President Donald Trump, @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.

The opinions expressed are his own. Reuters has not edited the statements or confirmed their accuracy.

@realDonaldTrump :

- This is my 500th. Day in Office and we have accomplished a lot - many believe more than any President in his first 500 days. Massive Tax & Regulation Cuts, Military & Vets, Lower Crime & Illegal Immigration, Stronger Borders, Judgeships, Best Economy & Jobs EVER, and much more...[0735 EDT]

- ....We had Repeal & Replace done (and the saving to our country of one trillion dollars) except for one person, but it is getting done anyway. Individual Mandate is gone and great, less expensive plans will be announced this month. Drug prices coming down & Right to Try! [0818 EDT]

- “This is the best time EVER to look for a job.” James Freeman of WSJ. [0820 EDT]

- As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms! [0835 EDT]

- China already charges a tax of 16% on soybeans. Canada has all sorts of trade barriers on our Agricultural products. Not acceptable! [0841 EDT]

- The U.S. has made such bad trade deals over so many years that we can only WIN! [0843 EDT]

- Farmers have not been doing well for 15 years. Mexico, Canada, China and others have treated them unfairly. By the time I finish trade talks, that will change. Big trade barriers against U.S. farmers, and other businesses, will finally be broken. Massive trade deficits no longer! [0947 EDT]

- The appointment of the Special Counsel is totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Despite that, we play the game because I, unlike the Democrats, have done nothing wrong! [1001 EDT]

/e More...

Trump says has power to pardon himself; critics disagree

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/trump-says-has-power-to-pardon-himself-critics-disagree-idUSKCN1J01L2

Make sure to note... WHO disagrees and who thinks he CAN do it.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 4 2018 06:14pm
Gold: 212.37
Jun 4 2018 06:20pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 4 2018 06:38pm)
EndlessSky
Excellence
Majorblood
Goomshill
Ghot
bogie160
EA7
IgoSoHard

He has the authority and it would not bother me if he used it.

It is good that we have strong presidents, and we should not allow unaccountable institutions undermine the lawful chain of command.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 4 2018 06:21pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 4 2018 07:38pm)
EndlessSky
Excellence
Majorblood
Goomshill
Ghot
bogie160
EA7
IgoSoHard

Of course he can LEGALLY. Its just a bad idea. He would likely get impeached in response

You guys just took Giuliani out of context.

And Trump said something stupid about it in response

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Jun 4 2018 06:22pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 4 2018 06:38pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 4 2018 07:20pm)
He has the authority and it would not bother me if he used it.

It is good that we have strong presidents, and we should not allow unaccountable institutions undermine the lawful chain of command.

How in the world can you characterize the FBI and DOJ as unaccountable institutions?

McCabe was fired after wrongdoing was found by the IG, Comey was fired by the president, the Special Counsel(a Republican) is accountable to Trump's deputy AG(a Republican), the DOJ has given plenty of documents over to Congress, etc etc.

I just don't get how smart people like yourself can still hold the opinion that the Russia investigation is not legitimate. And since when are Republicans against institutions like the DOJ and FBI?

Also pretty hilarious that you talk about unaccountable institutions, while arguing that the president can pardon himself, and shouldn't face political consequences for doing so.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jun 4 2018 06:39pm
Jun 4 2018 06:50pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 4 2018 08:38pm)
How in the world can you characterize the FBI and DOJ as unaccountable institutions?

McCabe was fired after wrongdoing was found by the IG, Comey was fired by the president, the Special Counsel(a Republican) is accountable to Trump's deputy AG(a Republican), the DOJ has given plenty of documents over to Congress, etc etc.

I just don't get how smart people like yourself can still hold the opinion that the Russia investigation is not legitimate. And since when are Republicans against institutions like the DOJ and FBI?

Also pretty hilarious that you talk about unaccountable institutions, while arguing that the president can pardon himself, and shouldn't face political consequences for doing so.

Cause it isn't.

It's just a bunch of BS drummed up by whiny Democrats.

/e I mean just look at your sig. Only ONE reason for a sig like that. A lame ass attempt to compare the two presidents. Anyone in their right mind can tell they are NOTHING alike. LOL

/ee Let's take a look at the big picture, shall we?

Way back in 2005-ish the same crowd was investigating Hillary/Obama and the Uranium One deal. Later it was Hillary fucking around with the DNC money, then the emails.
I mean even Deputy Dog could figure out that if anyone was colluding with Russia, it was Hillary. FBI and DOJ in it up to their eyebrows as well.

And the real kicker.. All the same names, over and over.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 4 2018 07:01pm
Gold: 57.00
Jun 4 2018 06:58pm
Quote (IceMage @ 4 Jun 2018 20:38)

I just don't get how smart people like yourself can still hold the opinion that the Russia investigation is not legitimate
. And since when are Republicans against institutions like the DOJ and FBI?

these have nothing to do with the question posed and answered

his response to the pardon question is the subject at hand
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 4 2018 07:00pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 4 2018 05:50pm)
Cause it isn't.

It's just a bunch of BS drummed up by whiny Democrats.

/e I mean just look at your sig. Only ONE reason for a sig like that. A lame ass attempt to compare the two presidents. Anyone in their right mind can tell they are NOTHING alike. LOL

/ee Let's take a look at the big picture, shall we?

Way back in 2005-ish the same crowd was investigating Hillary/Obama and the Uranium One deal. Later it was Hillary fucking around with the DNC money, then the emails.
I mean even Deputy Dog could figure out that if anyone was colluding with Russia, it was Hillary. FBI and DOJ in it up to their eyebrows as well.

And the real kicker.. All the same names, over and over.

mostly respected republicans with serious careers and records but carry on
Jun 4 2018 07:04pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 4 2018 09:00pm)
mostly respected republicans with serious careers and records but carry on

You were playing over in GC when the Hill released 3 articles about the Uranium One deal.
Same names were involved.

Mueller
Rosenstein
McCabe
Comey
Holder

As for the Democrat part, that was democrats. they are the ones paying the bills for all this.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 4 2018 07:04pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1194319441945194619473169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll