d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev11901911921931943169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 25.00
Apr 26 2016 10:40pm
Quote (spoofdaboss @ Apr 26 2016 11:39pm)
not to dissect your post, but are we going to let thousands of potential isis fighters into america? we cant take that chance. they have to go somewhere else. they have stated they will take over america many times. youve seen the videos. maybe if they didnt hate us to death it'd be different. but we are already threatened- and so we are going to make the biggest military mistake in the history of the world?

I believe hes referring to the massively stupid idea of tariffs in the 50%s
Gold: 133,165.00
Apr 26 2016 10:40pm
Quote (spoofdaboss @ Apr 26 2016 08:39pm)
not to dissect your post, but are we going to let thousands of potential isis fighters into america? we cant take that chance. they have to go somewhere else. they have stated they will take over america many times. youve seen the videos. maybe if they didnt hate us to death it'd be different. but we are already threatened- and so we are going to make the biggest military mistake in the history of the world?

umm this isn't what i was referring to at all. I forgot to address his policy of anti-refugee relief actually. This policy is reasonable as long as we are at war. We shouldn't be though.

I was referring to his TRADE PROTECTIONIST policies revolving around tariffs and extra protections for american businesses vs. foreign.
Apr 26 2016 10:41pm
Quote (Mangix @ Apr 26 2016 08:40pm)
I believe hes referring to the massively stupid idea of tariffs in the 50%s

yes. Anti-trade policies are devastating to economies because prices will go up on everything, drastically lowering quality of life (esp for middle and low incomes)
Gold: 30.50
Apr 26 2016 10:41pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Apr 27 2016 04:40am)
umm this isn't what i was referring to at all. I forgot to address his policy of anti-refugee relief actually. This policy is reasonable as long as we are at war. We shouldn't be though.

I was referring to his TRADE PROTECTIONIST policies revolving around tariffs and extra protections for american businesses vs. foreign.

oh okay, domeamerica 2016
Gold: 9.87
Apr 26 2016 10:43pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Apr 26 2016 11:36pm)
Protectionist policies will cripple our economy. Rip.

He's ok on healthcare. Anything that gives more power to the market is good.

He appears to be less of a hawk than other GOP candidates, which is good.

Walls are a thing in the age of trebuchets and catapults, aka the middle ages. Stupid waste of money that won't actually accomplish anything.

He appears to be pro-business in general, but who knows if this also means crushing small business like usual.

Immigration policies are bad. They underscore the real problem of our welfare policies and create worse outcomes for both immigrants and tax revenues.

He is a strong leader, which is good for dealing with Russia and other problematic nations.

There are other issues I could add feedback on but meh.

Walls do work. See Hungary, Macedonia for low grade barb wire fencing that is working. See Israel for something more substantive.
Gold: 57.00
More importantly did Kasich/Cruz give a joint victory speech?
Gold: 388.33
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Apr 26 2016 08:40pm)

Are you referring to where if American companies leave America and build factories in Mexico or other places?
Gold: 2,620.00
Apr 26 2016 10:44pm
Quote (majorblood @ 26 Apr 2016 23:31)
Respect is earned and Donald Trump clearly deserves it. Can you give specifics on their disavowing/laughing/insulting Trump? I do think Trump should be the next president of the United States of America.

Can you give some issues Tump has flip-flopped on? What are some specific policies of Donald Trump you disagree with?

I'll give you 4 recent examples of flip flops.

1) Torture

“You look at the Middle East, they’re chopping off heads, they’re chopping off the heads of Christians and anybody else that happens to be in the way, they’re drowning people in steel cages, and now we’re talking about water boarding. … It’s fine, and if we want to go stronger, I’d go stronger too,” he said at the most recent Republican debate.

“The United States is bound by laws and treaties and I will not order our military or other officials to violate those laws and will seek their advice on such matters,” he told the newspaper. “I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities.”

2) Skilled worker visas

“I’m changing, I’m changing,” he said bluntly about his stance on the skilled worker visas. “I’m softening the position because we have to have talented people in this country.”

The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay,” the statement said. “I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions.”

3) Syrian Refugees

“I hate the concept of it, but on a humanitarian basis, you have to,” he said on Fox News. “It’s living in hell in Syria. There’s no question about it. They’re living in hell, and something has to be done.”

“I tell you, if they come into this country, they’re going out,” he said in November 2015. “If I win, they’re going out. We can’t take a chance.”

4) Ban on assault weapons

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."

"I don’t support it anymore. I do not support the ban on assault" weapons, he said.

5) Abortion

Don't need quotes for this one. He was pro-choice and now he is pro-life. He said he evolved on the issue. I can't criticize that.

6) Isreal-Palestine Conflict

"I want to be very neutral and see if I can get both sides together," Trump said in a December interview with the Associated Press in which he also said a peace deal will depend on "whether or not Israel wants to make the deal."

But Trump's neutrality claims were nowhere to be found in a speech earlier this month during the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee's annual gathering, where he sought to place himself squarely and unequivocally in the pro-Israel camp.
"When I become president, the days of treating Israel like a second-class citizen will end on day one," Trump said.
He also excoriated what a Palestinian society he said glorifies terrorists as "heroes" and "martyrs" and proclaimed that "there is no moral equivalency" between Israel and the Palestinians.

That's just from a couple minutes of google searching. If you don't think Trump has flip-flopped on stuff, you're fooling yourself.

Every politician flip-flops on stuff, Trump just does it more often because he is a populist. Being a populist has its pros and cons. But this is a guy who will readily flip his position on something if it gets him more votes because he has no platform he is running on other than getting elected and "Making American Great Again."
Apr 26 2016 10:44pm
Quote (timmayX @ Apr 26 2016 08:43pm)
Walls do work. See Hungary, Macedonia for low grade barb wire fencing that is working. See Israel for something more substantive.

we are a country bordered by large bodies of water, and with a MASSIVE border with mexico. This wall will be compromised, climbed, tunneled beneath, and likely won't actually cover every area it needs to. Also, like with any wall, you pay the border guards enough, and you can get through. Looks like the cartel can still come in whenever it wants lmao.

Israel has it easy. They also have international support for their existence which allows for easy walls around a CITY. Not a country.

This post was edited by RUSSiABANK on Apr 26 2016 10:46pm
Apr 26 2016 10:45pm
Quote (majorblood @ Apr 26 2016 08:43pm)
Are you referring to where if American companies leave America and build factories in Mexico or other places?

yeah. Aka making things cheaper for us to buy because of the high overhead, corporate taxes, and minimum wages here vs there.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11901911921931943169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll