d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1190319041905190619073169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
May 23 2018 08:07pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ May 23 2018 07:58pm)
Its convincing for employee screening.

Cool story
Gold: 57.00
May 23 2018 08:42pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 23 May 2018 20:48)
It sucks to be intelligent and informed.

When you actually understand how things work simple answers like "Low IQ Bad!" are no longer useful, as you can see their faults.

seems like your iq level along with your T-level has you quite discombobulated
Gold: 1.73
May 23 2018 08:55pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 23 May 2018 21:52)
Congratulations, you've mastered the first week of your first college statistics class.

Once you get to your second week you'll understand why that's not convincing for the racist conclusions you and others try to draw.

Look up def of iq and realize hes right
Gold: 22,164.69
May 24 2018 05:14am
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 23 2018 05:36pm)
We can just keep the current definition, but educate people on what IQ tests measure.

Hint: There is no test that only measures what it sets out to test.

Intelligence is a very general mental capability, it reflects a broader and deeper capability for comprehending our surroundings.
IQ is strongly related, probably more so than any other single measurable human trait, to many important educational, occupational, economic, and social outcomes. Whatever IQ tests measure, it is of great practical and social importance.
A high IQ is an advantage because virtually all activities require some reasoning and decision-making
Intelligence tests are not culturally biased. There is no persuasive evidence that the IQ bell curves for different racial-ethnic groups are converging
May 24 2018 05:21am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 24 2018 05:14am)
Intelligence is a very general mental capability, it reflects a broader and deeper capability for comprehending our surroundings.
IQ is strongly related, probably more so than any other single measurable human trait, to many important educational, occupational, economic, and social outcomes. Whatever IQ tests measure, it is of great practical and social importance.
A high IQ is an advantage because virtually all activities require some reasoning and decision-making
Intelligence tests are not culturally biased. There is no persuasive evidence that the IQ bell curves for different racial-ethnic groups are converging

Even if I acceptes everything you just said jt doesnt even imply that iq tests are adequate measures of this.

They aren't. They're merely a snapshot, and you can alter the results by a full stamdard deviation if the person is stressed, tired, isnt used to taking tests, stressed by finances, or a killion other factors.

Iq test results as applied by racists like you and endlesslie fundamentally ignore the limitations of these measurements.

And no im not calling you two racists based on this one conversion. I have a long history to draw from.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 24 2018 05:22am
May 24 2018 05:30am
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 24 2018 05:21am)
Iq test results as applied by racists like you and endlesslie fundamentally ignore the limitations of these measurements.
And no im not calling you two racists based on this one conversion. I have a long history to draw from.

This is PARD not /r/politics, you might be conditioned to think going around trying to win arguments by calling the other guy racist does anything, but not outside the bubble kiddo

Quote (Thor123422 @ May 24 2018 05:21am)
Even if I acceptes everything you just said jt doesnt even imply that iq tests are adequate measures of this.
They aren't. They're merely a snapshot, and you can alter the results by a full stamdard deviation if the person is stressed, tired, isnt used to taking tests, stressed by finances, or a killion other factors.

Intelligence, so defined, can be measured, and intelligence tests measure it well. They are among the most accurate (in technical terms, reliable and valid) of all psychological tests and assessments. While there are different types of intelligence tests, they all measure the same intelligence
May 24 2018 05:37am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 24 2018 05:30am)
Intelligence, so defined, can be measured, and intelligence tests measure it well. They are among the most accurate (in technical terms, reliable and valid) of all psychological tests and assessments. While there are different types of intelligence tests, they all measure the same intelligence

I don't really care about "winning" arguments anymore, especially with you or EndlessLie, who are on about the same level. When I say you two are racists, I mean it as a statement of fact. Not as some virtue-signaling thing where you can't be engaged with.

Bold is kind of like saying he's the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Intelligence tests at best measure F(Q,T) where Q is IQ, and T is test taking ability at that moment.

For people without a lot of formal schooling T can DRAMATICALLY affect the results of F. For somebody with formal schooling with a lot of stressors, it can also DRAMATICALLY affect the value of F.

At worst they measure some complex function Q, T, and any number of other variables that have been identified in the literature, but that psychologists either refuse or are unable to control for.

Psychologists are TERRIBLE scientists. Never forget this. And when you start diving into the psychological literature like I did for my depression research it becomes very apparent very quickly.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 24 2018 05:39am
Gold: 21.93
May 24 2018 05:41am
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 24 2018 10:37pm)
Bold is kind of like saying he's the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Intelligence tests at best measure F(Q,T) where Q is IQ, and T is test taking ability at that moment.

For people without a lot of formal schooling T can DRAMATICALLY affect the results of F. For somebody with formal schooling with a lot of stressors, it can also DRAMATICALLY affect the value of F.

At worst they measure some complex function Q, T, and any number of other variables that have been identified in the literature, but that psychologists either refuse or are unable to control for.

Psychologists are TERRIBLE scientists. Never forget this. And when you start diving into the psychological literature like I did for my depression research it becomes very apparent very quickly.

Fun fact, i have had to deal with dozens of psychologists and in my personal experience just about every one of them is batshit insane.
May 24 2018 05:42am
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 24 2018 05:41am)
Fun fact, i have had to deal with dozens of psychologists and in my personal experience just about every one of them is batshit insane.

Yeah, they truly suck at their jobs. I understand though, their job is hard and their formal training in the sciences is lacking, so it's understandable that they would be bad at it.

There have been hundreds of mitigating factors for IQ tests as an objective measure of IQ that have been published in the literature on the topic. Probably 95% of them disproportionally affect minorities. If you even put a questionnaire above the IQ test asking about race and gender you get HUGE deviations on results when compared to similar groups without the questionnaire on top. Black people do worse, Asian people do better, women do worse, men do better. All you have to do is remind people about their socially defined role and they will subconsciously bias themselves into that role.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 24 2018 05:43am
May 24 2018 05:49am
>science gives you results you're uncomfortable with
>deny the science
where have I seen this before?

A wealth of peer reviewed studies using all sorts of different methodologies and approaches, all making pains to control test conditions and external variables, all converge at the same bell curves for the races.
But of course we'll just deny all that reproducible scientific method in favor of the ol bellyfeel that blacks are being subconsciously oppressed by deep-seated psychological hangups triggered at the mention of their race. Or that every black man in america is stressed, hungry, tired and in his sunken place, while every asian man is a triumphant chad thundercock with no cares in the world. Which totally lines up with all my anecdotal experiences, never met a stressed asian guy in my life.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1190319041905190619073169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll