d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > "why Has America Made China Its Enemy"
Prev1181920212226Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 29 2023 08:42am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 29 2023 09:31am)
It really doesn't matter by then.

There is this discourse going around How is the West or the world going to handle the rise of China.

I think they worded it wrongly. It should be How is the United States going to handle her slow decline and influence in the world.

The topic should have been like that.

And if Lee Kuan Yew's word and prediction is correct. India GDP is going to overtake China in 2045 / 2050. He is mostly right. ^_^
So what will happen then. Please note US military base Diego Garcia is just around the southern tip of India. :lol:
I think i and we will live long enough to see India's imminent rise so times will be interesting.

Just to mention, South East Asia is signing a memorandum to trade with China direct using RMB and local currencies. SEA used to take USD for trade when dealing with the Chinese.

Imagine the West having to deal with the Indians in the next 30 years or so. Actually the West is already laying the ground work to deal with India.

both China and India have rising GDP, but will see serious struggles longterm due to lagging GDP per capita. especially as automation takes over. for a variety of reasons, but most notably because as automation eats jobs less manufacturing/service/accounting/engineering will be done in those countries so the GDP rise will plateau. also as the GDP rises but jobs are automated both countries will struggle big time to feed their people.
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 29 2023 08:51am
time will tell.
Gold: 4.91
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 29 2023 11:40am)
Because they need India to counter the Chinese and the Indians are in the best position to do it. But I think the West and US made a huge mistake in thinking that India will follow suit.

Yeah, I don't see the level of animosity between India and China that I think the West would like. The border issues are definitely important but that seems like something that could be cleared up quite quickly if both sides were intent on sorting it out.

I think India will try and remain neutral so they can maintain relationships with everyone, they are in a pretty sweet position in a lot of ways, everyone wants to be Indias friend now.
Gold: 46,068.00
Quote (thesnipa @ 29 Mar 2023 22:42)
both China and India have rising GDP, but will see serious struggles longterm due to lagging GDP per capita. especially as automation takes over. for a variety of reasons, but most notably because as automation eats jobs less manufacturing/service/accounting/engineering will be done in those countries so the GDP rise will plateau. also as the GDP rises but jobs are automated both countries will struggle big time to feed their people.

Agree.
Also it is not in the West or US interest to allow both of these countries GDP per capital to increase.

And both of these countries do not want their GDP per capital to increase to a certain level in the next 50 or so years.

Automation is not just hurting these countries , it is also hurting United States.

Andrew Yang already spoke about this a few years back .

You are welcome to look at his interviews with Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson have a segment on it with him.

The democrat media didn't talk much about it.

First things first, China is moving away from these manufacturing etc etc jobs and using propaganda to encourage her citizens into STEM.
The fourth Industrial revolution is going to be really ugly as compared to the previous three. And this will be a worldwide event.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 29 2023 09:06am
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 29 2023 09:07am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 29 2023 09:51am)
Agree.
Also it is not in the West or US interest to allow both of these countries GDP per capital to increase.

And both of these countries do not want their GDP per capital to increase to a certain level in the next 50 or so years.

Automation is not just hurting these countries , it is also hurting United States.

Andrew Yang already spoke about this a few years back .

You are welcome to look at his interviews with Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson have a segment on it with him.

The democrat media didn't talk much about it.

First things first, China is moving away from these manufacturing etc etc jobs and using propaganda to encourage her citizens into STEM.
The fourth Industrial revolution is going to really ugly as compared to the previous three. And this will be a worldwide event.

Regardless of the govts' opinions on GPD/C raise it's mostly out of their hands, with a population that large any gains are eaten up quickly by the population. currently the GDP gap between US and China is about 7 trillion, but even if you snapped your fingers and equalized them the average Chinese citizen would see only nominal gains in quality of life.

as to Us automation and Yang he's 100% right, and i was a full supporter of him all along the way. i actually work in the US Automation industry, and have been warning people for many years about the coming issues we'll face.
Mar 29 2023 09:12am
Since the US is such a strong defender of sovereignty now, maybe China should start investing in Cuba and sending them defensive weaponry in case of any American aggression against Cuba
Mar 29 2023 09:14am
Quote (thesnipa @ 29 Mar 2023 23:07)
Regardless of the govts' opinions on GPD/C raise it's mostly out of their hands, with a population that large any gains are eaten up quickly by the population. currently the GDP gap between US and China is about 7 trillion, but even if you snapped your fingers and equalized them the average Chinese citizen would see only nominal gains in quality of life.

as to Us automation and Yang he's 100% right, and i was a full supporter of him all along the way. i actually work in the US Automation industry, and have been warning people for many years about the coming issues we'll face.

I am also a supporter of Yang and Tulsi. And also UBI and his idea of giving every American Citizen 200 USD ? to donate to the party or individuals that they support.

China is experiencing a population decline by the way. And so far in my 13 years in Hong Kong traveling to China for business and watching the growth and change of Tier 1 to 5 cities. I can assure you that their quality of life have increased leaps and bounds.
How long can it last ? I don't know. We can all look at numbers , but we also need to factor in adaptability. It is easier for China in this sense since it is a one party system, they will make pragmatic change to their policies if needed. And it will be forced upon if needed.

That being said, technology is improving and advancing in a way that is extremely troublesome. Not just China / India , this applies to the West and United States as well. We are moving so quickly that we might crash and burn.
Mar 29 2023 09:16am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ 29 Mar 2023 23:12)
Since the US is such a strong defender of sovereignty now, maybe China should start investing in Cuba and sending them defensive weaponry in case of any American aggression against Cuba

They are already selling to South America. Although the quality might not be as good as some American products i.e fighter planes, the quality is quite close at maybe 70% of what an American product is. But the price is 50 to 70% cheaper.
Mar 29 2023 09:23am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 29 2023 12:16pm)
They are already selling to South America. Although the quality might not be as good as some American products i.e fighter planes, the quality is quite close at maybe 70% of what an American product is. But the price is 50 to 70% cheaper.

Yeah I have only just started looking at South America, was shocked how much Chinese influence and investment is there already. I read that Honduras started diplomatic ties with China after dropping Taiwan, that seems pretty significant, though I can't imagine it ends well for Honduras.

This post was edited by DizzyBusiness on Mar 29 2023 09:23am
Mar 29 2023 09:37am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ 29 Mar 2023 23:23)
Yeah I have only just started looking at South America, was shocked how much Chinese influence and investment is there already. I read that Honduras started diplomatic ties with China after dropping Taiwan, that seems pretty significant, though I can't imagine it ends well for Honduras.

Well , the Taiwanese made some stupid mistakes. And also part of it has to do with United States in a way. The US also made some mistakes with Taiwan.
Currently after Honduras breaking relationship with Taiwan. There is a grand total of 13 countries left that still have official diplomatic ties with Taiwan. And it will be a domino effect.

The next one will be Paraguay.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1181920212226Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll