d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Nord Streams 1 And 2 Gas Pipelines Exploded
Prev1181920212227Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,712.08
Sep 30 2022 02:26am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Sep 30 2022 03:20am)
That is the point, they want to lower US Consumerism and up their trade with Europe to cushion their reliance on the US Market and that is why the US wants to prevent this.
In the end, depending on situation , it is more likely EU will lean towards the US due to a myriad of reasons, but that could all change if EU decides to band together and have their own EU Army and follow their own foreign policy which I don't see it at the moment.
EU is too tied up with NATO.

The US will not allow NATO to disband and they will make sure they don't.

I don’t think the US has to prevent this. The US is HUGE and China has a population problem that needs feeding. They do this with nearly 20% of their trade going to the US and another 40% to US very close Allies. They are stuck. Just like the US is stuck with them at least for the far foreseeable future.

Tl;dr
Chinese survival relies on US greed. US survival relies on Chinese labor.

This post was edited by MadMan87 on Sep 30 2022 02:28am
Gold: 49,320.00
Sep 30 2022 02:30am
Quote (MadMan87 @ 30 Sep 2022 16:26)
I don’t think the US has to prevent this. The US is HUGE and China has a population problem that needs feeding. They do this with nearly 20% of their trade going to the US and another 40% to US very close Allies. They are stuck. Just like the US is stuck with them at least for the far foreseeable future.

Replied.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Sep 30 2022 02:31am
Sep 30 2022 02:31am
Quote (MadMan87 @ 30 Sep 2022 16:26)

Tl;dr
Chinese survival relies on US greed. US survival relies on Chinese labor.

There will be no end to this. So we will have to wait and see. And economical interest at times trumps political interests. I am not sure if you have of this news, but I think ( I might be wrong ) a lot of German companies are shifting their investments and operation to China due to the current situation.

Capitalism at it's finest.
I personally feel that capitalism might just be the trump card to save the world in one way or another.
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 30 2022 02:31am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 30 Sep 2022 10:06)
1. Uyghurs ( Isis and extremist Muslim and separatist have enter into Xinjiang ) unlike the West and USA who are nicer to their potential terrorists, the Chinese took a rather extreme measure, please note they are an authoritarian government and they are not hiding it.

2. The Taiwan issue came about after the Tsai Ing-wen and DPP took over the Taiwanese government, the previous government under Mah Yin Jeou have no problems with the Chinese government. This is China's one China principle but the US version of it is called one China policy very different wording.

3. Surging investment into the military is to counter USA influence, every country have the right to do it. The USA military budget is to counter the up and coming Chinese as well, so I don't understand what you meant surging investment in military.

4. It will be quite uneasy talking about China's support for murderous regime because the greatest country in the world USA have supported murderous regime and allow it to flourish as long as American's interest is protected so maybe we don't talk to much about China and USA's history and their geopolitical ambitions.

5. I have been in Hong Kong since 2010 up till now, I went through and join the protest in 2014 and 2019. There is just too much foreign influence to destabilized Hong Kong, they created a HK version of patriot act just to protect Chinese interests. The 2019 protest went overboard, basically Hong Kong version of BLM. People with different political stance are ex communicated, families are separated, Children and protestors disown their parents publicly, one old man was set on fire because he had an argument with one protestor asking them to stop being violent.

1. Subjecting an entire ethnic group to mass incarceration, forced sterilization and a targeted destruction of their culture just because some terrorists shared their religion is excessive, even for an authoritarian country.
2. It is still mainland China which wants to forcibly "reunite" (read: annex) Taiwan while Taiwan just wants to be acknowledged and left alone. The CCP still holds a massive grudge against Taiwan out of ideological and historic reasons.
3. China's military spending increased by a much larger percentage than US or NATO military spending over the past 10-15 years. They are very clearly playing catch up and strive for their military to become America's match.
4. I never claimed that the United States were a "peaceful" nation. ;) Kusostare, on the other hand, disputed my notion that China is not as peaceful as they might look at first glance.
5. Can't really comment on the internal dynamics of HK, guess I'll take your word for it.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 30 2022 02:32am
Gold: 5,712.08
Sep 30 2022 02:32am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Sep 30 2022 03:30am)
There will be no end to this. So we will have to wait and see. And economical interest at times trumps political interests. I am not sure if you have of this news, but I think ( I might be wrong ) a lot of German companies are shifting their investments and operation to China due to the current situation.

I’m sure. The US is too. I know of three major investment firms pulling holdings from Russia and moving them to China.
Sep 30 2022 02:36am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Sep 2022 16:31)
1. Subjecting an entire ethnic group to mass incarceration, forced sterilization and a targetted destruction of their culture just because some terrorists shared their religion is excessive, even for an authoritarian country.
2. It is still mainland China which wants to forcibly "reunite" (read: annex) Taiwan while Taiwan just wants to be acknowledged and left alone. The CCP still holds a massive grudge against Taiwan out of ideological and historic reasons.
3. China's military spending increased by a much larger percentage than US or NATO military spending over the past 10-15 years. They are very clearly playing catch up and strive for their military to become America's match.
4. I never claimed that the United States were a "peaceful" nation. ;) Kusostare, on the other hand, disputed my notion that China is not as peaceful as they might look at first glance.
5. Can't really comment on the internal dynamics of HK, guess I'll take your word for it.

I think the best way to look at things, as much as I respect your comments is to sometimes take the emotions and values that you might have been nurtured with since you are young and move it aside for just a moment.
Use a pragmatic way to look at why some countries or powers are doing what they are doing.

That is the same way I look at USA, China or Russia. Why are they doing what they are doing. I can always give you another view on Point 1 and 2. But it might stir up some debate which I don't think will be right on this particular thread and it might be a little sensitive due to your political or geo political stance.
Gold: 21,300.28
Sep 30 2022 03:55am
Small Addition to the discussion:

2006: russia blew up its pipeline to Georgia
2009: russia blew up its pipeline in central asia

A pattern of energy Blackmailing.

Add2: it should be possible to repair ns1&2
Gold: 13,520.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 30 2022 04:13am
Quote (BaHgerAUT @ Sep 30 2022 10:55am)
Small Addition to the discussion:

2006: russia blew up its pipeline to Georgia
2009: russia blew up its pipeline in central asia

A pattern of energy Blackmailing.

Add2: it should be possible to repair ns1&2

is there a wiki for those ?
Sep 30 2022 04:24am
Quote (ferdia @ 30 Sep 2022 18:13)
is there a wiki for those ?

Georgia

https://jamestown.org/program/russians-georgians-or-caucasus-rebels-who-blew-up-the-pipelines/

Gold: 21,300.28
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1181920212227Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll