d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > My Views On Helping The Poor
Prev1181920212229Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,039.20
Apr 9 2015 08:38pm
Quote (ChurchGirl69 @ Apr 9 2015 08:31pm)
Why would anyone want to live in a society where people are forced to work constantly just to survive?

Everyone understands that you need to work to keep society running, especially if you want to live in anything that resembles a society, if you don't want to work maybe you should move somewhere where work isn't appreciated or valued, like Africa.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2015 08:39pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Apr 9 2015 08:38pm)
Everyone understands that you need to work to keep society running, especially if you want to live in anything that resembles a society, if you don't want to work maybe you should move somewhere where work isn't appreciated or valued, like Africa.

Yeah cause Americans should move to Africa because businesses should make 400% ROI per employee makes sense /10.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 9 2015 08:40pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Apr 9 2015 06:38pm)

I'm not anti-work. I'm anti a society where a person must work all day long just to afford a roof over their head which they can only enjoy for an hour or two before they have to sleep to prepare for another day of work.

This post was edited by ChurchGirl69 on Apr 9 2015 08:42pm
Gold: 88.21
Apr 9 2015 08:41pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 8 2015 07:58am)
Lifetime unemployment benefits - 12 weeks. Maximum of $500/month because that's all it costs to rent a room in a house on craigslist and afford enough ramen to eat until you can get a job and get back on your feet.
Welfare spending - zero.
Medicaid - zero.

Getting a job is easy, people are just stupid and lazy and refuse to work at a fast food restaurant. My girlfriend had no job experience whatsoever, so she got a job as a server at Buffalo Wild Wings. Her W2 was $41,000. Why can't anyone else do that?

Thoughts?

none of the fast food restaurants here have staff shortages and yet there are thousands of homeless people. if only it were that simple, bro

This post was edited by Salacious on Apr 9 2015 08:41pm
Gold: 9,039.20
Quote (GamingOn @ Apr 9 2015 08:39pm)
Yeah cause Americans should move to Africa because businesses should make 400% ROI per employee makes sense /10.

Yes, if you don't want to work then move somewhere that can better accommodate your entitlement.
I am not anti-work either but people should be getting paid fair not be giving illegal aliens $25,000 prize for jumping el bordo. lol. (the border)

Quote (j0ltk0la @ Apr 9 2015 08:41pm)
Yes, if you don't want to work then move somewhere that can better accommodate your entitlement.

lol!!!

I already work , and live fine. :D But I believe people struggling should get paid a fair minimum wage, ps. don't tell me what to do dude.

This post was edited by GamingOn on Apr 9 2015 08:42pm
Gold: 1,785.69
Warn: 10%
Apr 9 2015 08:42pm
Quote (GamingOn @ Apr 9 2015 09:37pm)
Who wants to just "make" it. Who are you to tell me if I can go on a date? lol.
Anyway, going to the grocery store takes time working that 80 hour a work week you will be dragging ass at the store.
Who wants to go to work everyday just to go to sleep in a home and eat ok food and by ur right not go to the movies lel.
Fuck no internet either... because who has time for that amongst the sleeping, something I haven't mentioned time for eating / cooking and than work.

/fuck that

Raise minimum wage and stop letting businesses take advantage of their workers so much.

like i said you really are working 80 hours a week every single week to take care of yourself you are living beyond your means....
i mean jeez man you get a job at ANY starbucks practically, make $8 an hour, then get tips under the table.... and it usually equates from anywhere $1.50 - $5.00 an hour depending upon location/season etc

you work to survive what part of that do you NOT understand....everyone in the entire period of human history has WORKED to SURVIVE. if you dont contribute to society then you obviously do not want to be part of it...

how hard is it to cook i mean really? the longest thing i can think of making(that i do on the regular) would be like making baked goods (banana bread/cheesecake) or something that takes a lot of grains (rice/pasta) but i mean it takes me very little time to make meats, veggies, cutting fruit, sandwiches etc

if you dont want to just "make" it then do something about it

if a business making a 400% ROI off you is making you upset, put them out of buisiess, only make a 200% ROI off your employees then

This post was edited by Duckling on Apr 9 2015 08:44pm
Gold: 11,407.33
Quote (GamingOn @ Apr 9 2015 10:37pm)
Who wants to just "make" it. Who are you to tell me if I can go on a date? lol.
Anyway, going to the grocery store takes time working that 80 hour a work week you will be dragging ass at the store.
Who wants to go to work everyday just to go to sleep in a home and eat ok food and by ur right not go to the movies lel.
Fuck no internet either... because who has time for that amongst the sleeping, something I haven't mentioned time for eating / cooking and than work.

/fuck that

Raise minimum wage and stop letting businesses take advantage of their workers so much.

Yeah raise the minimum wage so many people who actually want to work can't find a job and are much worse off. Great idea. Thats so much better.

You don't have to work much or provide value. Because hey they owe you a fancy living for flipping burgers a few hours a week.
Gold: 88.21
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 8 2015 07:58am)
Lifetime unemployment benefits - 12 weeks. Maximum of $500/month because that's all it costs to rent a room in a house on craigslist and afford enough ramen to eat until you can get a job and get back on your feet.
Welfare spending - zero.
Medicaid - zero.

Getting a job is easy, people are just stupid and lazy and refuse to work at a fast food restaurant. My girlfriend had no job experience whatsoever, so she got a job as a server at Buffalo Wild Wings. Her W2 was $41,000. Why can't anyone else do that?

Thoughts?

also, comparing your probably pretty young and white girlfriend to people who have suffered a lifetime of mental and/or physical disabilities is sickening
Apr 9 2015 08:43pm
Quote (Duckling @ Apr 9 2015 08:42pm)
like i said you really are working 80 hours a week every single week to take care of yourself you are living beyond your means....
i mean jeez man you get a job at ANY starbucks practically, make $8 an hour, then get tips under the table.... and it usually equates from anywhere $1.50 - $5.00 an hour depending upon location/season etc

you work to survive what part of that do you NOT understand....everyone in the entire period of human history has WORKED to SURVIVE. if you dont contribute to society then you obviously do not want to be part of it...

how hard is it to cook i mean really? the longest thing i can think of making(that i do on the regular) would be like making baked goods (banana bread/cheesecake) or something that takes a lot of grains (rice/pasta) but i mean it takes me very little time to make meats, veggies, cutting fruit, sandwiches etc

if you dont want to just "make" it then do something about it

Whatever.

w/e

gg
hf gl

Minimum wage will be raised and u can go away and cry more how people are getting it.

*sipps beer*

ur funny.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1181920212229Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll