d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is A God?
Prev11819202122Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,143.00
May 27 2024 06:18am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 27 2024 03:28am)
The text that I quote here was also written by man. How does this text not have hypocritical beliefs and bullshit?

Please point out the hypocrisy in my statement
Gold: 2,421.66
May 27 2024 07:40am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ May 26 2024 10:40pm)
Yea so you are God

God is Us.

This post was edited by Handcuffs on May 27 2024 07:41am
Gold: 269.00
May 27 2024 10:59am
Quote (x_h @ 27 May 2024 05:18)
“What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?”

Science is just a process we use to understand the world.

You are right there is nothing magical about science and guess what "nothing magical" about God either. Science to me is how the intellectual being comes to know God through that "discipline". When Oppenheimer quoted the Bhagavad Gita while looking at the erupting fireball from the atomic bomb explosion in Los Alamos, New Mexico, on July 16, 1945: “Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” These words are a a paraphrase of the Bhagavad Gita 11:32 where Krishna, an avatar of Vishnu – whom many Hindus think of as the supreme being – says that he is kala, or time. The problem/dilemma with science? The science you are talking about when you say, "Being thorough, careful observation, being systematic, and consistent logic" is the science even are ancient ancestors used(More so the Hindus then any other religious/philosophical belief system). It's nothing new. I'm in full support of that. What I'm not in support of is the application of science where the best minds we have today work on "military application technology". So instead of a super genius working on "how to genetically engineer a potato to contain more daily nutrients" that guy is working on, "how to genetically engineer a virus to kill" "how to engineer a robot/plane to attack an enemy using only AI". All the way up until the development of the atomic bomb science had been used beneficially to help all beings(human/plant/animal). From that point forward science became the tool in which the governing elite body "control" human populations. No "free energy" but it exists. No more "cancer" because there is a cure(suppressed for profit) but we'll never get it. Here take a "vaccine" but we didn't have any time to properly test it just trust us "it's the science".

"Science" is no longer the useful tool it once was. It is now the very means in which a governing body dictates to you what is true and what is not. There is no "scientific inquiry" the science is decided upon and then released for "public consumption". That's why I laugh because if you replace "science" in the statement I just made with "God" you immediately see the hypocrisy of science. Believing blindly in "God" may make you look/sound crazy to others. Believing blindly in "Science" can get you physically 'KILLED' or you could kill someone. Animals are killed for science by the 10's or 100's of millions just to "test things out". Big Pharma/ Big oil/ Big banks/ Big tech all fall under that "umbrella of science" and guess what "the burning of fossil fuels is terrible for the planet. Guess what? still do it. where's the science". Big pharma releases Covid vaccines without proper long term studies and are void of litigation BECAUSE the government told them, "Just get a vaccine to market as fast as you can you won't be litigated against if people start getting injured or dying. guess what? that happened, where's the science? Big tech uses advanced mathematical algorithms to gather the data of all the humans on Earth and uses that AGAINST us.

Quote (Meanwhile @ 27 May 2024 06:52)
Problem isn't scripture, it's those who are reading it.Centuries ago Christians were burning people with red hair because it was the evil's color. They were "reading" the bible too.

You are talking about a time when a majority of the human population was completely ILLITERATE and religion was used for absolute power/control. The average Christian now can actually read the Bible and try and make sense of it and not be hopelessly enslaved or killed for "disagreeing". This is the current problem with Islam. Many Muslims in poor countries are illiterate and so they can easily become radicalized by a local Imam. So yes the problem isn't "scripture" it's how people interpet the "scripture" or how it is conveyed to them from early childhood to early adulthood.

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on May 27 2024 11:02am
Gold: 8,076.24
May 27 2024 11:00am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ May 27 2024 01:59pm)
You are right there is nothing magical about science and guess what "nothing magical" about God either. Science to me is how the intellectual being comes to know God through that "discipline".

That's not science.
May 27 2024 11:12am
Quote (x_h @ 27 May 2024 12:00)
That's not science.

Science the word is even more broad and construed then the word "God".

What did you think I was going to give you the "Latin definition of science from the Webster dictionary"??

Science is God. Man needs science to "FEEL" like he "KNOWS" something but when he actually comes to know it realizes its just secular knowledge and it can never truly be known(that's ignorance).

We were just talking about "dark matter" and all you could give me was.....

"We might figure it out someday"

"We really don't know what it is"

"We think it's this but easily could be that"

You literally are making the same excuses someone who believes in a "personal God" makes.

Building science in your MIND to be this ABSOLUTE when none of it can be truly known in it's totality.

"Oh were making scientific progress!".

What progress? You know nothing? Who are you again?

Common philosophical questions to ask yourself.
Gold: 8,076.24
May 27 2024 11:14am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ May 27 2024 02:12pm)

Science is God.

That's delusional

Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ May 27 2024 02:12pm)
Man needs science to "FEEL" like he "KNOWS" something but when he actually comes to know it realizes its just secular knowledge and it can never truly be known(that's ignorance).

Again, delusional.
May 27 2024 11:17am
Quote (Handcuffs @ 27 May 2024 08:40)
God is Us.

Indeed it is true.

For the atoms that make you up were there at the heart of the big bang.

Matter is neither created nor destroyed simply changing states.

Consciousness the very medium in which we can discuss this "oneness" at all.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 27 2024 11:24am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ May 27 2024 06:59pm)
You are talking about a time when a majority of the human population was completely ILLITERATE and religion was used for absolute power/control. The average Christian now can actually read the Bible and try and make sense of it and not be hopelessly enslaved or killed for "disagreeing". This is the current problem with Islam. Many Muslims in poor countries are illiterate and so they can easily become radicalized by a local Imam. So yes the problem isn't "scripture" it's how people interpet the "scripture" or how it is conveyed to them from early childhood to early adulthood.

These times can come back pretty quickly, same way or differently, i dont know, buit it's completely irresponsible to pretend it's all behind us.
May 27 2024 11:29am
Quote (x_h @ 27 May 2024 12:14)
That's delusional

Again, delusional.

Science is delusional. The fact that you think it is some sort of end all be all is ignorance.

Science and the people who pursue it so adamantly are like I said KILLING the planet because they think they know something or they think they want to know something.

I think it was easy for you to belittle and bully the people who practice the Abrahamic faiths but you can't bully me this is now self evident. You can't refute what I'm saying because it's true. All you can do is take a "stance of disagreement".

I use the same "logic" you do and I actually took the time to STUDY how other cultures around the world apply science/god to their everyday life.

What will be the main cause of the extinction of our human species? Science and the pursuit of knowledge? or "God". We all know it's the application of "science" that is destroying our planet physically but I guess you can try and skirt the facts. Science collectively destroys our entire existence on Earth but hey "trust the scientist to fix the problem THEY created". It's the least you can do at this point...

edit: The "Messiah complex" isn't just relegated to religious people. It's also relegated to the current scientific schools of thought which say, "We can save the planet with our science!". Just totally forget about "root causation" itself because our science was what created the problem/dilemma in the first place.

Please at least acknowledge that this thing we call "God" isn't responsible for the shit science destroying the whole web of life as we speak.

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on May 27 2024 11:38am
Gold: 2,421.66
May 27 2024 01:00pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ May 27 2024 10:17am)
Indeed it is true.

For the atoms that make you up were there at the heart of the big bang.

Matter is neither created nor destroyed simply changing states.

Consciousness the very medium in which we can discuss this "oneness" at all.

How does one reconcile being a heterotrophic embodiment of consciousness?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11819202122Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll