d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev11881891901911923169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 30.50
Apr 26 2016 09:50pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 27 2016 03:50am)
why do you hate america that much?

he doesn't

he's just a good debater and willing to disagree to outsmart us all
Gold: 2,620.00
Apr 26 2016 09:54pm
Quote (brmv @ 26 Apr 2016 22:50)
why do you hate america that much?

I love America, but I think the disaster that is Donald Trump is what we deserve right now.

There are some things about Trump that I like, but it is my opinion that you have to be pretty delusional to think that he would make a good president. He would be a disaster.

His popularity is mind-boggling to me. I understand that he is the best bet for an anti-establishment candidate. But come on, this is like a huge joke that went on for too long.

He is what we deserve. His popularity is almost inexcusable, and I'd like for his supporters to see just how much of a disaster he would be, especially in foreign affairs. The chickens need to come home to roost.
Gold: 388.33
Apr 26 2016 09:55pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Apr 26 2016 07:54pm)
I love America, but I think the disaster that is Donald Trump is what we deserve right now.

There are some things about Trump that I like, but it is my opinion that you have to be pretty delusional to think that he would make a good president. He would be a disaster.

His popularity is mind-boggling to me. I understand that he is the best bet for an anti-establishment candidate. But come on, this is like a huge joke that went on for too long.

He is what we deserve. His popularity is almost inexcusable, and I'd like for his supporters to see just how much of a disaster he would be, especially in foreign affairs. The chickens need to come home to roost.

Can you elaborate on why he would be a disaster?
Apr 26 2016 10:00pm
Quote (majorblood @ 26 Apr 2016 22:55)
Can you elaborate on why he would be a disaster?

There are a lot of reasons, but I'll go with a really simple one.

The rest of the world thinks he is a joke. If we elected Donald J. Trump as our president, we would get laughed at by the rest of the world.

And to those who say that doesn't matter, you're mistaken. Global perception and respect does matter, whether we like it or not. It matters a lot.

So yeah, electing a president that would make our country a global laughingstock would be a disaster.
Gold: 30.50
Apr 26 2016 10:04pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Apr 27 2016 04:00am)
.. be a disaster.

im pretty sure his son will be president after him, you may have heard it here first. DT left this election in debris..
Gold: 388.33
Apr 26 2016 10:07pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Apr 26 2016 08:00pm)

The rest of the world thinks he is a joke. If we elected Donald J. Trump as our president, we would get laughed at by the rest of the world.

And to those who say that doesn't matter, you're mistaken. Global perception and respect does matter, whether we like it or not. It matters a lot.

So yeah, electing a president that would make our country a global laughingstock would be a disaster.

What are some countries (and their leaders) that currently think Donald Trump as president is a joke?
Is this your best reason?
Gold: 431.00
Apr 26 2016 10:08pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ 26 Apr 2016 23:00)

That's such a nothingburger, man. President Trump could have Putin over for coffee and the whole world would line up to blow both of them in turn.

Quote (spoofdaboss @ 26 Apr 2016 23:04)
im pretty sure his son will be president after him, you may have heard it here first. DT left this election in debris..

Might be like a Kennedy dynasty hopefully without all the assassinations. I'd be cool with President Ivanka.
Apr 26 2016 10:12pm
Quote (majorblood @ 26 Apr 2016 23:07)
What are some countries (and their leaders) that currently think Donald Trump as president is a joke?
Is this your best reason?

Germany
Mexico
UK

are the most prominent but Canada, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Australia have also voiced that opinion in some form. That's just off the top of my head.

Let me ask you a question. Is being respected an important thing for you? Given the fact that most of the world thinks of Trump as a joke, do you think that's someone we should have as our Head of State and leader?

It is my opinion that the Head of State and Chief Diplomat are two important roles of the president. They are the voice and face of our nation. We need someone the rest of the world doesn't laugh at - whether you agree with the laughing or not.

Another reason is because we have no idea what Trump will actually do in office. He says one thing, but he has flip-flopped on a multitude of issues in just the 10 months he has been campaigning.

He is a true populist, and says and does what he thinks his GOP base wants, and that can be problematic. You need someone that can make tough decisions and not just pander to what is most popular at the time.
Gold: 752.10
Apr 26 2016 10:13pm
Quote (general_patton @ Apr 26 2016 10:08pm)
That's such a nothingburger, man. President Trump could have Putin over for coffee and the whole world would line up to blow both of them in turn.

Might be like a Kennedy dynasty hopefully without all the assassinations. I'd be cool with President Ivanka.

That much masculinity in one room... I don't think the media could handle it.
Gold: 431.00
Apr 26 2016 10:14pm
Quote (Pollster @ 26 Apr 2016 16:30)

What's funny about this to me is that so few people understand why this works to Clinton's advantage, just as it worked successfully to the advantage of Obama in 2012. The same people who figured out how Romney would be defeated in the summer of 2011 work for Clinton now (principally among them Joel Benenson), and they're applying a similar strategy to Donald Trump because they can, even on steroids.

It isn't a commentary on the money, or the simple disparity between his worth vs. her worth. Looking past the pitch is half of what makes the attack as devastating as it was (on Romney) and as it will be (on Trump).

That's some pretty impressive mental gymnastics. I'm surprised you can reference thinking past the sale to Clinton's campaign. Never heard that before, ever, anywhere.

America wants to find their wealthy and aspirational likeable, and they want them to like them back. They find neither with Clinton or Romney, which is why they'd get shit on for being wealthy and the Teflon Don walks out no problem.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11881891901911923169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll