d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1186187188189190443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 26 2018 02:37pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 26 Sep 2018 21:31)
why trump transitioned from "i want to hear what she has to say" to "i think she's lying, this should have been done weeks ago" is beyond me. he gained nothing and lost something, just odd.

because he always escapes his handlers and twitters freely eventually. not really a mystery which of his tweets are made by political strategists, and which are just his unfiltered opinion...
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 26 2018 02:38pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 26 Sep 2018 22:36)
actually i read back over and it seems pretty obvious, not sure how people didn't get it. when i said "i dont believe her, and this should have been over weeks ago" what i meant was "i do believe her, and this shouldnt have been over weeks ago", simple. hope that clears it up.

why is the lying fake news media spinning my every word?

seriously, Trump should just have stayed out of this entirely. with his.. uh... "interesting" past and reputation when it comes to women, he's just a toxic figure in the GOP fight to get Kav confirmed. he shouldnt have said a word, not even issued a generic statement.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 26 2018 02:39pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 26 2018 02:40pm

This whole #metoo thing, is setting a dangerous precedent. We are allowing women to destroy men's careers with zero proof. I don't even think Weinstein's should have been allowed.

Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 26 2018 02:41pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 26 2018 01:40pm)
This whole #metoo thing, is setting a dangerous precedent. We are allowing women to destroy men's careers with zero proof. I don't even think Weinstein's should have been allowed.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a2oQN7e_460s.jpg

You are on the record defending Roy Moore and Weinstein

just lol
Sep 26 2018 02:45pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 26 2018 04:41pm)
You are on the record defending Roy Moore and Weinstein

just lol

Them too. There was NO PROOF.

If a married couple with kids gets divorced, the man has to fight for his life to get/see the kids, and/or to not have to pay for child support etc. Now this.
I think we need to go back to bonking the woman over the head and dragging her home, caveman style days.
Sep 26 2018 02:46pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 26 2018 01:45pm)
Them too. There was NO PROOF.

If a married couple with kids gets divorced, the man has to fight for his life to get/see the kids, and/or to not have to pay for child support etc. Now this.
I think we need to go back to bonking the woman over the head and dragging her home, caveman style days.

Cosby was a hypocritical conservative so you should add that convicted sexual predator to your list too since he might appeal
Sep 26 2018 02:47pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 26 2018 04:46pm)
Cosby was a hypocritical conservative so you should add that convicted sexual predator to your list too since he might appeal

He was tried in a court of law and found guilty. Big difference with this crap going on right now.
Sep 26 2018 02:49pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 26 2018 01:47pm)
He was tried in a court of law and found guilty. Big difference with this crap going on right now.

I knew the black held more weight than the conservative

funny how his conviction counts
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 26 2018 02:51pm
Another character witness has come forward:

https://100percentfedup.com/breaking-man-who-grew-up-with-julie-swetnicks-family-says-she-is-delusional-whack-job-who-had-substance-abuse-and-mental-health-issues/
https://wrko.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2018-09-26-family-friend-of-julie-swetnick-details-her-issues/
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/658-The-Kuhner-Report-28754718/episode/family-friend-says-julie-swetnick-had-29906851/

The Kuhner Report received a call from a man who identified himself as "Thomas in Boston," whose family knew the Swetnicks "Well" in Maryland, and discussed the known "Issues of Substance abuse," and "Mental Issues from Julie." He detailed a phone call from his sister this morning, who still lives in Maryland, where she said "Can you imagine a more delusional whack job is the one that came forward against Kavanaugh?"

"Thomas" also went on to describe the are where they grew up in Montgomery Village, "Quite a distance from Bethesda" and that the "Social circles" would not have interacted. He refutes that during High School "No way that she would have encountered these same social circles, certainly not during High School."

He did say the information he received was "Second hand," as it came from family members, but, he also offered details of the Swetnicks and his own family that lend credence to his story.

of course, that too could be a hoax. But unlike the accusers, he provides specific details.
knows her parents name, where she grew up, the street, father is school administrator.
knows where her mother worked and her job, knows when they passed away, knows his PHD at NYU and work on manhattan project

that's a whole TON of verifiable details that corroborate his story. See how that works? He told a story, and it was loaded with oodles of specifics, and people can verify them

This post was edited by Goomshill on Sep 26 2018 02:54pm
Gold: 2,620.00
Sep 26 2018 02:53pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 26 Sep 2018 15:23)
Well, that whole "slut shaming" argument is an important political implication of all of this. The Republicans are in huge danger of treating Ford too harsh, or to resort to arguments which are, or can easily be spun as slut shaming. In the current political and social environment, with the current political momentum of the Democrats and the #metoo-movement and the impending midterm elections, even doing the correct thing to defend Kavanaugh from unsubstantiated accusations might prove to be highly toxic, politically. Therefore, I'm actually starting to agree with those pundits who say that Kavanaugh withdrawing his nomination by himself and clearing the way for Barrett, Kethledge or Hardiman would be the best thing for the GOP.

Yes, it's treacherous grounds for Republicans for all the reasons you mentioned. This is part of the reason why the Senate Judicial Committee hired an outside female prosecutor to question Kavanaugh and Ford tomorrow. They know the optics of 11 Republican men grilling Ford would look awful.

As far as Kavanaugh withdrawing, I think it could be the best thing for the Republican party politically. But depending on the hearing tomorrow and what other corrobating evidence does or does not come out in the coming days, it could also set a horrible precedent. And if all 3 claims are untrue, it's also deeply unfair to Kavanaugh.

If you're Chuck Grassley, and you have good reason to believe that there isn't enough evidence or corroboration to these claims about Kavanaugh, can you really look a fully qualified nominee who is giving you their honest word in the face and tell him to withdraw?

I get it's all politics, but I don't think Grassley is going to do that - unless tomorrow's testimony goes south for Kavanaugh/GOP or additional evidence comes out for some of these allegations.

Quote (thesnipa @ 26 Sep 2018 15:31)
why trump transitioned from "i want to hear what she has to say" to "i think she's lying, this should have been done weeks ago" is beyond me. he gained nothing and lost something, just odd.

Most of the time Trump says exactly what he's thinking...which is both foolish and admirable from an honesty perspective.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1186187188189190443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll