d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1181018111812181318143169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 20 2018 02:02pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Apr 2018 22:01)
is this an actual attempt at a point? a monkey could answer this. the reason HRC's policy seems vanilla and perhaps that you've forgotten it is because it was just a parrot of whatever policies were popular in the DNC at the time. She even morphed into a poor man's bernie after fucking him over to try and grab bernie bros for general with a slight move on CJ reform and healthcare. maybe i just have a bad perspective on memory because mine's so good but this seems like a limp noodle attack.

apparently, you felt the need to dodge the limp noodle.
Gold: 13,704.02
Apr 20 2018 02:29pm
Quote (ampoo @ Apr 20 2018 02:19pm)
vote doesnt deliver the outcome you wanted
call everyone dumb
argument won

Beat me to the punch.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 20 2018 02:34pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 20 2018 02:59pm)
70% of her campaign spending was attack ads. Her entire campaign messaging was negative. Nobody can name any of her policies.

We've been over this on PARD like 500 times

Source?

It's true a lot of Hillary's ads were attacking Trump either explicitly or implicitly, but she was the policy focused person in the campaign. Trump actually seemed to have more policy focused ads, but he was clearly the mud slinger.

I mean, when you are running a campaign of simplistic ideas, it's easier for the messaging to penetrate. Build the wall, MAGA, ban Muslims, China is ripping us off, drain the swamp are all easy to remember.

Quote (ampoo @ Apr 20 2018 02:35pm)
one liners are better than nothing, thats the whole point

And by "nothing", you mean "nothing that is easily digestible and expressed in one liners". Hillary is a policy wonk, her campaign had an endless list of policy positions. Her debates were an excellent display of her grasp of policy.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 20 2018 02:37pm)
I dont deny that clinton had an agenda, that she had a policy vision. My point simply is that her vision was uninspiring, her agenda consisted mostly of forgettable "keep the status quo"-proposals, spiced up with some sjw pandering.

It doesnt have to be one-liners, can you just name two policy fields where clinton had a "strong stance" in any shape or form?

You said in your post she was spending all her time talking about being the first woman president and attacking Trump. It's not true. She talked policy all the time, and the couple sentences devoted to attacking her opponent is what got covered in the media.

If we're arguing about which candidate had more radical positions, the clear winner is Trump. Hillary had actual positions which were practical and vetted. I don't see the point in naming two positions... she had a comprehensive platform. What sticks out to me is debt free college, raising taxes on the richest among us, criminal justice reform, a traditional American foreign policy, infrastructure, strengthening Obamacare, etc.
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 20 2018 02:55pm
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Apr 2018 22:34)
You said in your post she was spending all her time talking about being the first woman president and attacking Trump. It's not true. She talked policy all the time, and the couple sentences devoted to attacking her opponent is what got covered in the media.

I dont think this is a coincidence or has anything to do with a bias against her in the media.

she had a comprehensive platform. What sticks out to me is debt free college, raising taxes on the richest among us, criminal justice reform, a traditional American foreign policy, infrastructure, strengthening Obamacare, etc.

thanks, now we're talking.

"debt free college" is a strong point, unfortunately ripped off from Bernie.
"raising taxes on the richest among us" is quite vague.
"criminal justice reform" can mean everything or nothing without further details.
"traditional american foreign policy" = keep the status quo, keep fucking up libya and syria and the entire middle east.
"infrastructure" is a valid point as well, as is "strengthening obamacare". but lets be honest: those are not fresh ideas, those are not convincing arguments why someone should become president. trump was promising to deal with "infrastructure" as well; and any democratic nominee would have vowed to strengthen obamacare.

I dont deny that she had a comprehensive platform, but it was an uninspiring one, nothing truly stood out, and most of it was keeping the status quo or applying minor adjustments to it.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 20 2018 02:56pm
Apr 20 2018 02:56pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 20 2018 03:34pm)

If we're arguing about which candidate had more radical positions, the clear winner is Trump. Hillary had actual positions which were practical and vetted. I don't see the point in naming two positions... she had a comprehensive platform. What sticks out to me is debt free college, raising taxes on the richest among us, criminal justice reform, a traditional American foreign policy, infrastructure, strengthening Obamacare, etc.

Again.... she ran against a Billionaire reality TV star and lost. If her positions were practical, vetted, and popular why didn't she crush such an flawed opponent in DJT?
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 20 2018 02:59pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 20 2018 02:55pm)
I dont think this is a coincidence or has anything to do with a bias against her in the media.

thanks, now we're talking.

"debt free college" is a strong point, unfortunately ripped off from Bernie.
"raising taxes on the richest among us" is quite vague.

she was specific on taxes at times. just less specific than bernie

"criminal justice reform" can mean everything or nothing without further details.

CJ reform was one of her more specific facets with specific programs and issues for cops, prison system, and the courts. u can look those up if you'd like.

"infrastructure" is a valid point as well, as is "strengthening obamacare". but lets be honest: those are not fresh ideas, those are not convincing arguments why someone should become president.

her plan specifically included renewable energy in it as an infrastructure package. that's why she got hit so hard in coal country, if you can remember that.

trump was promising to deal with "infrastructure" as well; and any democratic nominee would have vowed to strengthen obamacare.

bernie wasn't, he was running on a replace platform. it was one part she got so stuck on in the primary season that he got a lot of swing from. she wasn't willing to chop it if necessary, kept citing the hard time they had in passing it and expressed that she didn't think a replace bill would pass.

i think there's a lot of confirmation bias going on in this discussion. change candidates have more memorable platforms, saying "i like this that we're doing, maybe a minor tweek" isnt as memorable.

Quote (djman72 @ Apr 20 2018 02:56pm)
Again.... she ran against a Billionaire reality TV star and lost. If her positions were practical, vetted, and popular why didn't she crush such an flawed opponent in DJT?

you really are committed to being a middling poster, huh?

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 20 2018 03:00pm
Apr 20 2018 03:07pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 20 2018 03:59pm)
she was specific on taxes at times. just less specific than bernie

CJ reform was one of her more specific facets with specific programs and issues for cops, prison system, and the courts. u can look those up if you'd like.

her plan specifically included renewable energy in it as an infrastructure package. that's why she got hit so hard in coal country, if you can remember that.

bernie wasn't, he was running on a replace platform. it was one part she got so stuck on in the primary season that he got a lot of swing from. she wasn't willing to chop it if necessary, kept citing the hard time they had in passing it and expressed that she didn't think a replace bill would pass.

i think there's a lot of confirmation bias going on in this discussion. change candidates have more memorable platforms, saying "i like this that we're doing, maybe a minor tweek" isnt as memorable.

you really are committed to being a middling poster, huh?

Yes.

Still committed to arguing with everyone about everything. Nice!
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 20 2018 03:12pm
Quote (djman72 @ Apr 20 2018 03:07pm)
Yes.

Still committed to arguing with everyone about everything. Nice!

jokes on you, i already deleted 2 posts to fender today after writing the first sentence.
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 20 2018 03:23pm

Wow. Some of you must be talking about a different race, than the one I saw.

Hillary policy: Steal from your own party.

That was pretty much all she had. Well except for being the one who WAS colluding with Russia, and being an Obama puppet.

Hillary lost, fair and square...deal with it.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Apr 20 2018 03:28pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 20 2018 01:23pm)
Wow. Some of you must be talking about a different race, than the one I saw.

Hillary policy: Steal from your own party.

That was pretty much all she had. Well except for being the one who WAS colluding with Russia, and being an Obama puppet.

Hillary lost, fair and square...deal with it.

Hillary policy: im a woman, hes a tv celebrity, vote for me or you’re low information deplorable

Fuck how did she lose
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1181018111812181318143169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll