d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1180818091810181118123169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 20 2018 12:29pm
Quote (djman72 @ 20 Apr 2018 19:25)
How is this possible if she's never been president?
Silly posts like this really make your credibility suffer, sauceman234251231231.

ty random, i added 'candidate'
Gold: 13,704.02
Apr 20 2018 12:34pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Apr 20 2018 01:29pm)
ty random, i added 'candidate'

NP, here to help. We'll educate you yet, Sauceman!
Gold: 57.00
Apr 20 2018 12:37pm
Quote (djman72 @ 20 Apr 2018 13:56)
Hillary was the arguably the worst Candidate to ever run for the presidency. She lost to Donald Trump.. say that in the mirror if it'll help you. She still hasn't stopped blaming everyone else for the fact that she lwasn't good enough to win.

Hillary is worse than Donald Trump. She couldn't beat the reality tv billionaire who acts like a 12 year old girl and knows nothing about policy. That is laughable.

Also, Trump was in good standing by most democrats for ages until he ran under (R) he didn't receive a fair assessment from the same quantity of people that rejected HRC. That's normal with the 2 party system we've got...... Hillary isn't special.

I'm sorry my post about your lord and savior, HRC, got you triggered.

Quote (SBD @ 20 Apr 2018 13:28)
So now the democrats are filing a lawsuit for damaging the party.

It's disgusting how much money has been spent on absolute bullshit in the last two years.

What a waste of taxpayer money.

ah yes the dnc, which is on record of tilting the democratic primary in favor of (c)linton, is accusing others of interference

Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 20 2018 12:47pm
Quote (djman72 @ Apr 20 2018 12:56pm)
Hillary was the arguably the worst Candidate to ever run for the presidency. She lost to Donald Trump.. say that in the mirror if it'll help you. She still hasn't stopped blaming everyone else for the fact that she lwasn't good enough to win.

Hillary is worse than Donald Trump. She couldn't beat the reality tv billionaire who acts like a 12 year old girl and knows nothing about policy. That is laughable.

Also, Trump was in good standing by most democrats for ages until he ran under (R) he didn't receive a fair assessment from the same quantity of people that rejected HRC. That's normal with the 2 party system we've got...... Hillary isn't special.

I'm sorry my post about your lord and savior, HRC, got you triggered.

She lost to Donald Trump because our country is filled with dumb people who tune out when candidates actually talk about policy. It's no great compliment for me to say that Hillary would've been a better president... almost any other candidate(absent Jill Stein and Ben Carson) would've been better.

But hey, at least Trump provides the lulz.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 20 2018 01:00pm)
>Knows the issues top to bottom yet manages to make the biggest mistake of the 21st century which is Libya.

She should be tried as a war criminal.

:rofl:
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 20 2018 12:54pm
I want to applaud McCabe for taking the title of the single most meritless legal challenge to Trump from the opposition yet. I mean, I've seen the travel ban, emoluments, even the ridiculous flap over CFPB leadership.
But McCabe filed a suit for defamation and wrongful termination against the government after the OIG report excoriated him for being a leaker and liar and referred him for prosecution;
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/384152-mccabe-to-sue-trump-admin-for-defamation-wrongful-termination
And besides there being public proof of his crimes and him being a public figure, there's also the Westfall Act of 1988 that 'stipulates that federal employees retain absolute immunity from common-law tort claims arising out of acts they undertake in the course of their official duties'
So congratulations Andrew McCabe, you are suing Donald Trump for calling you mean names. Guess thats what you can do when people give you $560,000 to use on pointless legal services when your guilt is already proven

Quote (IceMage @ Apr 20 2018 12:47pm)
She lost to Donald Trump because our country is filled with dumb people who tune out when candidates actually talk about policy. It's no great compliment for me to say that Hillary would've been a better president... almost any other candidate(absent Jill Stein and Ben Carson) would've been better.

The biggest gap in polling between Trump & Hillary was on the economy. They both rated low on personality because she spent the entire campaign dragging him into the mud
It seems more rational to say that Trump won because people actually do care more about policy and were willing to put aside their dislike for both candidates and vote for the one with the populist policies they wanted on withdrawing from TPP, tightening immigration, protectionist trade policies, deregulation and so on so forth

This post was edited by Goomshill on Apr 20 2018 12:58pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 20 2018 01:05pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 20 2018 01:54pm)
The biggest gap in polling between Trump & Hillary was on the economy. They both rated low on personality because she spent the entire campaign dragging him into the mud
It seems more rational to say that Trump won because people actually do care more about policy and were willing to put aside their dislike for both candidates and vote for the one with the populist policies they wanted on withdrawing from TPP, tightening immigration, protectionist trade policies, deregulation and so on so forth

Lol... man you've gone off the deep end.
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 20 2018 01:09pm
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Apr 2018 20:47)
She lost to Donald Trump because our country is filled with dumb people who tune out when candidates actually talk about policy.

the thing is: trump was the one talking about policy issues, he was the one with a popular agenda. he was the one with an economic message, he was the one talking about the drawbacks of free trade and deindustrialization, he was the one talking about immigration and security issues. anyone can feel free to disagree with trumps assessment of the situation and with the means he proposed to solve the issues, but this doesnt take away from the fact that he was talking policy all the time.

hillary, by contrast, spent most of her time talking about what a great step it would be for her women and feminism if she became the first female president, she was the one spending most of her time with personal attacks on her opponent, claiming he was all sorts of unfit for the office and yada yada yada, she was the one employing a neverending parade of celebrities and media figures to campaign on her behalf, to make up for her complete and total lack of charisma.

the truth is that, whether you like it or not, trump had a clear message on key policy issues that resonated with a sizeable portion of the electorate. clinton had no clear message, her policy proposals were bland and unpopular, they did not resonate with a lot of folks.

when you think back to the campaign, and I ask you to name two key policy talking points from both trump's and clinton's campain, what would your answer be?

for trump, it's "build the wall (= metaphor for 'restrict latino and third world immigration')" and "renegotiate nafta (or withdraw from it)".
for clinton, it's .... um..... I really cant remember anything.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 20 2018 01:10pm
Gold: 4,383.11
Apr 20 2018 01:19pm
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Apr 2018 20:47)

vote doesnt deliver the outcome you wanted
call everyone dumb
argument won

Gold: 260.11
Apr 20 2018 01:21pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 20 2018 12:00pm)
>Knows the issues top to bottom yet manages to make the biggest mistake of the 21st century which is Libya.

She should be tried as a war criminal.

Hoo boy thats some quality hyperbole
Gold: 0.00
Apr 20 2018 01:24pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 20 2018 10:47am)

Is that the case though? Wasn't there post-election results that showed that there really wasn't an increase in Republican turnout, but that there was a marked decline in Democratic turnout?

Trump didn't win because he inspired more people to vote Republican. It seemed like instead he won because Hillary was a lack-luster dynasty candidate that didn't energize left-leaning voters.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1180818091810181118123169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll