d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1180518061807180818093169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 19 2018 10:38pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 19 2018 11:28pm)
"Why Fat Shaming is Moral"

MAN THE HARPOONS
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 19 2018 11:25pm
I think it really reflects on Comey how much he was vouching for McCabe in those memos now that we know McCabe was full of shit. Comey noted Trump's keen interest in whether McCabe was going to turn on him after that bruising campaign. I really am inclined to believe that Comey indeed had no idea McCabe was leaking, which makes Comey a pretty awful judge of character, and responsible for his second-in-command's misconduct to some degree. But the notes also paint a picture of Comey that's consistent with his accounts from the beginning- suspicious and somewhat hostile towards Trump, and ignorant of any misconduct by either Trump or McCabe. The weight of evidence is that at least up to the election, Comey wasn't a leaker and was trying to navigate the treacherous politicized investigation thrust on him, and Trump sympathized with that. But throughout that winter and up to his firing, its a real question of to what degree he was directly leaking- at a minimum the stuff he's acknowledged- as well as what degree he's responsible for the extremely politicized, leaky and thoroughly compromised FBI he was leading. If you're the head of a department and that department is on fucking fire, its not really a question of whether you started it. If we got a glimpse into Comey's management and see him being ignorant of the character of his #2 who was basically plotting against him with knives out in the press, then even if we believe his story in its entirety as he's presented it, he was still an incompetent administrator.
Apr 19 2018 11:44pm
also, the thick irony in the fact that Comey leaked a memo in which he quoted himself saying “I don’t do sneaky things, I don’t leak, I don’t do weasel moves
I mean, at least that leaking was arguably not classified and came a week after his firing...
but even then, the fact he was making these notes after his every interaction with Trump (and trump only), just in case he needed to leak them later... well that's a weasel move
Gold: 5.77
Apr 20 2018 01:01am
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 19 2018 10:25pm)
now that we know McCabe was full of shit.

We do?
Apr 20 2018 01:05am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 20 2018 01:01am)
We do?

did you miss the OIG report and him getting fired for it and now recommended for prosecution, or what?
Gold: 5.77
Apr 20 2018 01:12am
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 20 2018 12:05am)
did you miss the OIG report and him getting fired for it and now recommended for prosecution, or what?

Yes, I was in planning meetings all day.

So is the en vogue reductionist analysis now that Comey is just kinda slow and dumb; all else has been forgotten?

Apr 20 2018 01:19am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 20 2018 01:12am)
Yes, I was in planning meetings all day.

The OIG report has been out for a week.

So is the en vogue reductionist analysis now that Comey is just kinda slow and dumb; all else has been forgotten?

Both Hillary and Trump cultists have long held that Comey was a malicious actor, but his actions are most consistent with character flaw
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 20 2018 02:53am

Rosenstein told Trump last week he is not a target in Russia probe

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-target/rosenstein-told-trump-last-week-he-is-not-a-target-in-russia-probe-idUSKBN1HQ2XI

Seems like a whole pile of hot air.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 20 2018 06:37am
you sure can spin a yarn trumpshill
jesus
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 20 2018 07:16am
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/us/politics/comey-memos-takeaways.html
Good article.

A couple notable quotes from the Comey memos:

At first meeting between Comey and Trump:
After others left the room, we sat at the table. He began by telling me that I had had one heck of a year but that I conducted myself honorably and had a great reputation. He said I was repeatedly put in impossible positions.

This sort of contradicts what Trump has been saying since the firing. Hmmmm, it's almost as if Trump is not a truthful person.

The president said ‘the hookers thing’ is nonsense but that Putin had told him, ‘we have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world.

Ah... so Vladimir and Donnie were bonding over hookers. Nice, clearly the pee tape allegations are completely baseless. Lol.

Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 19 2018 09:43pm)
Its really notable how much of Comeys memos back in early 2017 were recounting how strongly he vouched for McCabe, who we know was lying. Now that's not necessarily McCabe's fault, maybe his responsibility, since the story goes that McCabe was lying to Comey. But it also says something about Comey's judgment of character.

Not really. Good people who have served honorably and with integrity for years can slip up and make immoral or unethical decisions. Human nature 101.

This is something that really bothers me about Fox News conservatives and Trump cultists... they view people in morally absolute terms. Once a person gets on the wrong side of the dear leader, they immediately become scumbags. It's classic cult behavior.

Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 20 2018 12:44am)
also, the thick irony in the fact that Comey leaked a memo in which he quoted himself saying “I don’t do sneaky things, I don’t leak, I don’t do weasel moves
I mean, at least that leaking was arguably not classified and came a week after his firing...
but even then, the fact he was making these notes after his every interaction with Trump (and trump only), just in case he needed to leak them later... well that's a weasel move

No it's not... he's covering his own ass. Trump is a pathological liar, and Comey was in a precarious situation already considering what happened during the campaign, and also what he had to brief the president on. Comey didn't leak anything classified, he just "leaked" some of his memos, which is completely legal and considering the circumstances, ethical.

It's funny though... Comey's conduct during the campaign surely got Trump elected. Yet, Comey released his memos with the intention of getting a special counsel to oversee the Russia investigation. So potentially, Comey could go down in history as both the man that got Trump elected and the man that got Trump thrown out of office.

---

I'm not sure why Republicans wanted these memos released... they just make Trump look worse.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 20 2018 07:25am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1180518061807180818093169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll