d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Nord Streams 1 And 2 Gas Pipelines Exploded
Prev1171819202127Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,712.08
Sep 30 2022 01:45am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Sep 30 2022 02:43am)
You mean gas export to Europe?
That is absolutely true. But I don't think that is their agenda at the moment.

It would inevitably have to happen without Russia. The US would have to step in or lose Allies.

That’s why I think someone else did it. Simply because the US would have to shoulder too much if they did it.
Gold: 49,320.00
Sep 30 2022 01:48am
Quote (MadMan87 @ 30 Sep 2022 15:45)
It would inevitably have to happen without Russia. The US would have to step in or lose Allies.

That’s why I think someone else did it. Simply because the US would have to shoulder too much if they did it.

There are 4 culprits at the moment from my point of view. But this is a personal view.

1. USA / UK ( They are both tied together)
2. Russia
3. Poland
4. Ukraine
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 30 2022 01:50am
Quote (kusotarre1 @ 30 Sep 2022 08:48)
If China is "laughing" as Ukraine is torn to shreds, then it's only because their non-interventionist foreign policy is once again proving itself as good through yet another negative example.

If China was so staunchly non-interventionist, then why are they supporting the side which is invading its neighbor?

Based on what? Skull measurements?

Based on their treatment of the Uyghurs and any other kinds of domestic dissenters, based on their increasingly aggressive saber-rattling with regard to Taiwan, based on them strategically placing artificial islands in the South China sea and then claiming waters which actually belong to other countries, based on their surging investment in their military, based on their history of supporting murderous regimes like the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia or the Kims in North Korea, based on them flagrantly breaking their promises with regard to democracy and free press in Hong Kong and so on and forth.

it's because your government stopped buying long term contracts and instead went to the spot market. C'mon, this is month seven, lets grow up a little.

German gas storages owned by Gazprom had a systematically lower filling level than those owned by anyone else. The buying on the spot market was a stupid idea and a self-inflicted wound, but it affected the market price we had to pay for our gas, not so much the distribution of said gas among the various storages.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 30 2022 01:50am
Sep 30 2022 01:51am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Sep 30 2022 02:48am)
There are 4 culprits at the moment from my point of view. But this is a personal view.

2. Russia
3. Poland
4. Ukraine

Honestly my list would be Russia or Ukraine with a weird twist of China. China has always manipulated situations behind the scenes and are very good and intelligent at it. That’s of course conspiracy. I truly believe it’s Russia but if it isn’t Ukraine would not surprise me one bit.
Sep 30 2022 02:06am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Sep 2022 15:50)
If China was so staunchly non-interventionist, then why are they supporting the side which is invading its neighbor?

They are not supporting Russia in any military sales for them to invade Ukraine. And if you believe by buying energy products at this moment from Russia is considered supporting them, the Indians, Americans, South East Asia, Indonesia etc etc all have been buying from them at the moment.

Based on their treatment of the Uyghurs and any other kinds of domestic dissenters, based on their increasingly aggressive saber-rattling with regard to Taiwan, based on them strategically placing artificial islands in the South China sea and then claiming waters which actually belong to other countries, based on their surging investment in their military, based on their history of supporting murderous regimes like the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia or the Kims in North Korea, based on them flagrantly breaking their promises with regard to democracy and free press in Hong Kong and so on and forth.

1. Uyghurs ( Isis and extremist Muslim and separatist have enter into Xinjiang ) unlike the West and USA who are nicer to their potential terrorists, the Chinese took a rather extreme measure, please note they are an authoritarian government and they are not hiding it.

2. The Taiwan issue came about after the Tsai Ing-wen and DPP took over the Taiwanese government, the previous government under Mah Yin Jeou have no problems with the Chinese government. This is China's one China principle but the US version of it is called one China policy very different wording.

3. Surging investment into the military is to counter USA influence, every country have the right to do it. The USA military budget is to counter the up and coming Chinese as well, so I don't understand what you meant surging investment in military.

4. It will be quite uneasy talking about China's support for murderous regime because the greatest country in the world USA have supported murderous regime and allow it to flourish as long as American's interest is protected so maybe we don't talk to much about China and USA's history and their geopolitical ambitions.

5. I have been in Hong Kong since 2010 up till now, I went through and join the protest in 2014 and 2019. There is just too much foreign influence to destabilized Hong Kong, they created a HK version of patriot act just to protect Chinese interests. The 2019 protest went overboard, basically Hong Kong version of BLM. People with different political stance are ex communicated, families are separated, Children and protestors disown their parents publicly, one old man was set on fire because he had an argument with one protestor asking them to stop being violent.

I can't comment on the German Gas storage part. However, this is just what I feel on your comments for China since I am based in Asia.
The above is just my two cents worth.
Sep 30 2022 02:07am
Quote (MadMan87 @ 30 Sep 2022 15:51)
Honestly my list would be Russia or Ukraine with a weird twist of China. China has always manipulated situations behind the scenes and are very good and intelligent at it. That’s of course conspiracy. I truly believe it’s Russia but if it isn’t Ukraine would not surprise me one bit.

I can take China out of this. They need Europe a lot due to trade, most likely they won't do this.
But I can understand why you think it is China, but it is not in their interest.

Sep 30 2022 02:09am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Sep 30 2022 03:07am)
I can take China out of this. They need Europe a lot due to trade, most likely they won't do this.
But I can understand why you think it is China, but it is not in their interest.

They need the US too but regularly go against them. But without US consumerism China would decline fast. US having to find a way to export more gas? Where do you think all the pipeline materials would come from? Chinese metals.

This ofc is just conspiracy theory. I still believe it’s Russia.

This post was edited by MadMan87 on Sep 30 2022 02:10am
Gold: 7,398.00
Sep 30 2022 02:12am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Sep 30 2022 09:48am)

2. Russia
3. Poland
4. Ukraine

Ukraine doesn't have the capabilities. First 3 are the likely culprits.
Sep 30 2022 02:14am
Quote (babun1024 @ 30 Sep 2022 16:12)
Ukraine doesn't have the capabilities. First 3 are the likely culprits.

Well just my personal point of view, but no proof that anyone that I mentioned did it.
I don't think we will ever find out, but we can throw stones and accuse, that is just how the world works.

Until a whistleblower come out we might never know.
Sep 30 2022 02:20am
Quote (MadMan87 @ 30 Sep 2022 16:09)
They need the US too but regularly go against them. But without US consumerism China would decline fast. US having to find a way to export more gas? Where do you think all the pipeline materials would come from? Chinese metals.

This ofc is just conspiracy theory. I still believe it’s Russia.

That is the point, they want to lower US Consumerism and up their trade with Europe to cushion their reliance on the US Market and that is why the US wants to prevent this.
In the end, depending on situation , it is more likely EU will lean towards the US due to a myriad of reasons, but that could all change if EU decides to band together and have their own EU Army and follow their own foreign policy which I don't see it at the moment.
EU is too tied up with NATO.

The US will not allow NATO to disband and they will make sure they don't.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1171819202127Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll