d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is A God?
Prev1171819202122Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
May 26 2024 11:02am
Quote (x_h @ 20 May 2024 07:38)
There is no way to verify the events really happened.

There are no extra-biblical accounts of Jesus from the time of his death or life, the nearest writing is somewhere between 80-200 years after his death--according to scholars.

And yes, we don't just believe something is true because it's in a book from 2000 years ago.

So if this is your refuting logic then Siddhartha Gautama(Buddha) didn't exist because no one has his "dental records". There's just an entire philosophical school of thought built around things he said/did.

Transcripts would not be physical and tangible proof.

A transcript proves nothing.

I guess with this logic none of Eastern religion/philosophy happened. Too bad there are 2,500 year old Sanskrit texts that were orally passed down and then WRITTEN once writing was developed in that region of the world.

The Grand Canyon exposes nearly 2 billion years of Earth's geological history. The rock layers visible in the canyon walls are sedimentary, including limestone, sandstone, and shale.

These layers were deposited over millions of years in various environments, such as ancient seas, deserts, and swamps, before being uplifted and exposed by erosion.

We can see distinct different time periods in the grand canyon. It's formation happened over millions of years.

Using your own Motus Operandi this never happened because no one was there to see these changes take place over time. Human beings developed science/math and it's by no means full proof and by no means a good indicator of how things "fell into place". Just like theist are so sure God was behind it all and could be wrong so to are the scientist who say well because we have this system of understanding that we humans created to understand existence itself were 100% sure this is how it all went down. That statement is more delusional then the people saying God created it all. A scientist saying here look at these mathematical theorems that prove what we are saying but they might totally be disproven and discarded when a new theory develops! I noticed someone in this thread say that it's up to the theist to prove God exists and not on the atheist to prove God doesn't exist. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 90+% of the humans on this planet believe in a higher power(creative/destructive force) responsible for the existence we are experiencing right now. It's on the atheist because they are the minority. Just because 1st world privileges' created an entire liberal group of intellectuals who like to say "God doesn't exist because we're smarter then that now!" doesn't magically make them right. It makes them look cocky and conceited because they've never studied any other version of "God" then the Abrahamic God. So here's my question to you. How can you make the claims you are making without having ever studied the entire "Story of God". Because that includes Buddhist who don't believe in a "personal god" whatsoever. It's easy for anyone to cast doubt on the Abrahamic religions but to have never studied Hinduism/Buddhism/Sikhism/Daoism/Taoism and think the conclusion you came too was "LEGIT" is a joke sorry bud. "Oh I studied half of the world religions but I'm going to call them all out at once as if they all view "God" in the same way. HINT HINT. They don't. Do some research.

The grand canyon formed many millions of years before men wrote a book about a man named Jesus. Maybe Jesus existed, maybe he didn't. No one really knows, but we do know that the flood in the bible can't account for the fossils for the grand canyon because there are fossils from hundreds of millions of years ago, and radiometric dating tells us that at the lowest parts is billions of years old, to the top being hundreds of millions of years old. The canyon formed long before the bible says the flood happened.

Do you deny the paleontology and geology is correct?

Quote (crosspawz @ 26 May 2024 08:33)
The Bible was written by men and is a fairytale, it’s full of hypocritical beliefs and bullshit. Hope this helps you all. 💕

I love when I see people like you attack the Western Abrahamic faith.

That's all any of you do. Never talk about the Hindu's version of God. Never mention how the Buddhist view God. Literally so hell bent on making fun of Abrahamic religious texts that you miss the entire question I asked in the OP.

I made this post to prove that when "God" is brought up broadly without context almost all of you immediately think of the "Patriarchal God from the Bible"......

So all the atheist pseudo intellectuals in this thread having never studied half the story of "God" come to a FULL conclusion. No surprise there.

This is the same mentality scientist have today. "We don't know what black matter really is but we know it constitutes a significant portion of the perceivable universe". OK so you came up with advanced mathematics/scientific theories around a subject but you are missing an entire variable in let's say a more well known theory E=MC^2. We built an entire mathematical/scientific system that can't even identify a variable that makes up 25-95% of the visible universe.

Wondering why we still have to use "rocket fuel" as a propulsion system to get off this planetary body? We lack the REAL MATH/SCIENCE that would make those things POSSIBLE.

Stephen Hawking once famously said, "Imagine I'm giving a lecture to all the greatest scientist our world has ever known and I write an equation on the chalk board and say, "I have a theory for everything!". Then when asked about the variables I say, "I'm not sure what this variable over here is but it makes up a major portion of the universe". "I would be laughed out of the room".

Gold: 4,326.24
May 26 2024 02:31pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ May 26 2024 02:02pm)
So if this is your refuting logic then Siddhartha Gautama(Buddha) didn't exist because no one has his "dental records". There's just an entire philosophical school of thought built around things he said/did.

We can verify some things and can't verify other things. I'll stick to Christ because I understand his story a bit better, but there is a good reason to believe a man we call Christ lived, we just can never prove that christ the man was literally resurrected or other stories/events that have been claimed to have happened, but would require a supernatural cause.

I guess with this logic none of Eastern religion/philosophy happened. Too bad there are 2,500 year old Sanskrit texts that were orally passed down and then WRITTEN once writing was developed in that region of the world.

My view here is that the more independant writing we have about a man, the more we likely it is that the man existed.

I'm not saying we can't prove or have a good reason to believe Christ or Buddha existed, I'm saying that a transcript is a single piece of data that by itself is proof of nothing.

Using your own Motus Operandi this never happened because no one was there to see these changes take place over time

I'm not sure how you got this. I don't believe we can prove things true or false simply because someone wasn't there to see it happen.

This post was edited by x_h on May 26 2024 02:43pm
May 26 2024 06:51pm
This is the same mentality scientist have today. "We don't know what black matter really is but we know it constitutes a significant portion of the perceivable universe". OK so you came up with advanced mathematics/scientific theories around a subject but you are missing an entire variable in let's say a more well known theory E=MC^2. We built an entire mathematical/scientific system that can't even identify a variable that makes up 25-95% of the visible universe.

Scientists openly admit that dark matter is one of the biggest mysteries in modern physics. The fact that we don't fully understand it doesn't invalidate the scientific method or the progress made in other areas of physics.

While we haven't directly observed dark matter, we have substantial evidence of its existence through its gravitational effects on galaxies and the cosmic microwave background. This indirect evidence suggests it plays a crucial role in the universe's structure.

while our understanding of dark matter is incomplete, the pursuit of this knowledge is a testament to the robustness of scientific inquiry. Science thrives on exploring the unknown, and what may seem like a gap today could lead to groundbreaking discoveries tomorrow.

There is much that we can't currently use science to explain, over time we'll be able to explain more with science, and then more, and then more. Somethings will continue to be mysteries to us, even long after everyone on this forum has died.

"We built an entire mathematical/scientific system that can't even identify a variable that makes up 25-95% of the visible universe" - you got this wrong, it's more: we built an entire system that hasn't yet identified that variable, but we could figure it out soon, or maybe we never will, but if we don't, science is still useful and has been used to explain much of the physical world.

This post was edited by x_h on May 26 2024 06:53pm
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2024 08:13pm
God is source energy seeking to experience itself.
May 26 2024 11:38pm
Quote (x_h @ 26 May 2024 19:51)
Scientists openly admit that dark matter is one of the biggest mysteries in modern physics. The fact that we don't fully understand it doesn't invalidate the scientific method or the progress made in other areas of physics.

While we haven't directly observed dark matter, we have substantial evidence of its existence through its gravitational effects on galaxies and the cosmic microwave background. This indirect evidence suggests it plays a crucial role in the universe's structure.

while our understanding of dark matter is incomplete, the pursuit of this knowledge is a testament to the robustness of scientific inquiry. Science thrives on exploring the unknown, and what may seem like a gap today could lead to groundbreaking discoveries tomorrow.

There is much that we can't currently use science to explain, over time we'll be able to explain more with science, and then more, and then more. Somethings will continue to be mysteries to us, even long after everyone on this forum has died.

"We built an entire mathematical/scientific system that can't even identify a variable that makes up 25-95% of the visible universe" - you got this wrong, it's more: we built an entire system that hasn't yet identified that variable, but we could figure it out soon, or maybe we never will, but if we don't, science is still useful and has been used to explain much of the physical world.

Because people concern themselves with what you just said right here is the same reason people starve and die. You seek to know something that is trivial and meaningless. You seek to know just to say to others "I know". You built advanced bodies of sciences and all the while the lowest amongst us die just the same.

For all the greatness science has supposedly brought upon humanity it has never once even remotely addressed the human condition itself.

All people deserve the right to clean water, shelter, and food. Where has science been? Building telescopes to see further into space? Colliding particles at a fraction of the speed of light at CERN? Developing medications for the masses? Creating illness and not solving it?

Science is terrible because it's the sole reason our species CAN and IS killing itself.

Did the Native American Indians need "science" to know how to "live off the land" and provide for "10 generations down the line"??

It's so ironic to me how our species has the most advanced "science" available and yet the world is falling into total chaos. Planet dying. Plants/Animals all of it. You can sense the die off and yet people are still talking up this thing you call "science".

Funny how science got us into this whole mess but it can't get us out of it and now people are forced to "find God" because we actually will be living in "Hell on Earth" pretty soon.

Love how you think some genius scientist is going to figure it all out though. It's good to be positive when an early death is on the table for the whole human race all because like I said. Scientist tried to play God.

Hey it's all in good fun though! :P
May 26 2024 11:40pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ 26 May 2024 21:13)
God is source energy seeking to experience itself.

Yea so you are God
May 27 2024 04:18am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ May 27 2024 02:38am)
Because people concern themselves with what you just said right here is the same reason people starve and die. You seek to know something that is trivial and meaningless. You seek to know just to say to others "I know". You built advanced bodies of sciences and all the while the lowest amongst us die just the same.

For all the greatness science has supposedly brought upon humanity it has never once even remotely addressed the human condition itself.

All people deserve the right to clean water, shelter, and food. Where has science been? Building telescopes to see further into space? Colliding particles at a fraction of the speed of light at CERN? Developing medications for the masses? Creating illness and not solving it?

Science is terrible because it's the sole reason our species CAN and IS killing itself.

Did the Native American Indians need "science" to know how to "live off the land" and provide for "10 generations down the line"??

It's so ironic to me how our species has the most advanced "science" available and yet the world is falling into total chaos. Planet dying. Plants/Animals all of it. You can sense the die off and yet people are still talking up this thing you call "science".

Funny how science got us into this whole mess but it can't get us out of it and now people are forced to "find God" because we actually will be living in "Hell on Earth" pretty soon.

Love how you think some genius scientist is going to figure it all out though. It's good to be positive when an early death is on the table for the whole human race all because like I said. Scientist tried to play God.

Hey it's all in good fun though! :P

“What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?”

Science is just a process we use to understand the world.

This post was edited by x_h on May 27 2024 04:20am
Gold: 17,384.69
May 27 2024 04:27am
Two things:
- A name to the whole amount of stuff we don't understand or can't access as humans
- A tool of power, deception, authority, to control a large part of the population
Gold: 0.00
May 27 2024 05:28am
Quote (crosspawz @ May 26 2024 11:33pm)
The Bible was written by men and is a fairytale, it’s full of hypocritical beliefs and bullshit. Hope this helps you all. 💕

The text that I quote here was also written by man. How does this text not have hypocritical beliefs and bullshit?
Gold: 17,384.69
May 27 2024 05:52am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 27 2024 01:28pm)
The text that I quote here was also written by man. How does this text not have hypocritical beliefs and bullshit?

Problem isn't scripture, it's those who are reading it.Centuries ago Christians were burning people with red hair because it was the evil's color. They were "reading" the bible too.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1171819202122Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll