d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1178179180181182443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Sep 25 2018 06:05pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 25 Sep 2018 20:00)
his bloodline ran out of excuses at Nuremburg. no more bigotry will be tolerated.

well according to fender aka heinrich one ancestor of his decided to run off to ensure the continuance of the von Goebbels family in Switzerland by ‘guarding’ the vaults there

Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 25 2018 06:06pm
Quote (excellence @ Sep 25 2018 06:05pm)
well according to fender aka heinrich one ancestor of his decided to run off to ensure the continuance of the von Goebbels family in Switzerland by ‘guarding’ the vaults there

https://media.giphy.com/media/FjeGBljESVAzu/200.gif

iron clad chest full of gold rings. hundreds of the things, how odd.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 25 2018 06:09pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 25 2018 08:06pm)
iron clad chest full of gold rings. hundreds of the things, how odd.

The information on how to determine which was the "One Ring" had not been uncovered yet.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 25 2018 06:41pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 26 Sep 2018 00:53)
are you questioning a woman's pain?

no, just your reading comprehension (and sanity).
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 25 2018 08:45pm
/e guess that was on wikipedia

This post was edited by Goomshill on Sep 25 2018 08:47pm
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 26 2018 07:26am
Quote (fender @ Sep 25 2018 04:27pm)
now you're back to straight up making shit up. apart from some unoriginal 'inb4s' and feigning ignorance after studying my post twice and realising you can't refute it, you completely DODGED the electoral college issue, so claiming i'm 'wrong' about it is nothing short of ridiculous.
also, you're free to mock me for pointing them out, but that does not make your ad hominems or strawmen disappear, that's not how that works. i think you're just wrong about your definition of the term 'wrong' - that would actually explain your confusion and you pathetic attempts to deflect.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif

ok, so this 'wrong' was just an uncalled for, 'general' observation, got it. a bit lazy and doesn't really even pass the smell test, but whatever...

Same shit, different day.

I can't address the issues any differently. I'm sorry you have trouble comprehending them. What else am I to do? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Oh, and +1 ad hom and strawmen.
Gold: 22,164.69
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 26 2018 07:41am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 25 2018 09:05am)
most mainstream pundit style setups are already all like Fox New's The Five

you throw a left/right moderate on the panel with the hungry wolves around them and let everyone talk over each other drowning out substance, discussion, and anything productive

for instance with Kav discussions the left will put on someone like Bill Crystal or some other vanilla right guy to get ran over by a few females including a pundit that claims to have been sexually assaulted

so when he says "hey let's see where the evidence leads us and try to be compassionate and rational about this" everyone goes straight to 10 saying I BELIEVE HER THIS IS WHY HE IS BAD yadayada

nobody does a shitty conspiracy like Fox but as far as many of their tactics go they already are implemented at the major networks

it's all sensationalist tribal bullshit for ratings we don't need any more of it we need more sit down interviews and conversations for lengthy amount of times to get to the substance of issues

their profit model does not support substance and that's why podcasts and the similar are taking over

@ Horford here is another example of what I'm talking about

"I’m looking at people actually saying and applauding the judge [O'Neill] and his sentence and then in the same breath wanting to defend Kavanaugh," criminal defense attorney Yodit Tewolde said on CNN's "Newsroom with Brooke Baldwin" on Tuesday

"It’s disturbing to me because … this is a monumental, defining moment this week when you have someone like Cosby going to prison and then in the same breath having Kavanaugh possibly going to the highest court in the land," Tewolde continued.

"Anyone that’s defending Kavanagh could not in the same breath now applaud this verdict that this judge has handed down ... it just doesn’t make sense," she added.

The show's host Brooke Baldwin did not respond directly to Yewolde's assertions in the segment.

absolute bullshit and this isn't even a far left source

He's been called a gang rapist with no evidence provided by a political lawyer and on CNN he gets compared to cosby who without a doubt is a serial date rapist

No push back from the anchor and every time a republican says anything that isn't an Ana Navarro "Republican" that does nothing but criticize Republicans as a gimmick for sound bite compilations they get pushed back on for way less.

This is CNN not one of the obviously more left networks that do eve worse than this
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 26 2018 08:49am
iirc tomorrow marks the day set by the Kavanaugh accuser for her hearing. I haven't heard any concrete plans, but fill me in if i missed something. with the flurry of gang rape accusations it seems the most credible, still not credible on the given information, accusation has been pushed aside.

my personal guess is that the Democrats are going to continue to play the stick in the mud and wait for the GOP to get fed up, hold the vote and approve Kav, then claim they're heartless monsters who are solely responsible for a woman not being allowed to share her story. They'll use the vote as an attempt to further legitimize her story, sans detail, and not address their individual prerequisites for the hearing on their individual merit. Just statements like "the requests were fair and honest, it was her story they wanted to silence." The very idea that the accused should have to speak first, then accuser, with no rebuttal, is absurd. anyone who wants to back this woman needs to explain that by itself first, ahead of all of the other requests. blatant hackery going on there.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 26 2018 08:52am

Avenatti's accuser now public.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1178179180181182443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll