d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mar A Lago Raided By Fbi
Prev1176177178179180233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 29 2022 01:36pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 29 2022 02:26pm)
You're describing a rationale for the media to spike this story or report on it carefully and with lots of disclaimers. It is not an argument for the FBI to consider this story disinformation (and apply implicit pressure on social media to treat it as such!) without any actual evidence, just because it subjectively "doesn't pass the smell test". At the end of the day, it's clear that the FBI people in charge didn't approach this story open and unbiased.

Imagine a similarly damning and outlandish story had come out about one of the Trump kids - does anyone seriously believe that the FBI would have been as inclined to consider it disinformation and to put pressure on social media to suppress it?

i find it beyond hilarious that all of you just keep saying "applying pressure to social media" when literally 100% of the proof of this that we have is zuck saying vaguely "yeah the FBI called our team to tell us this story was going to drop".

is there a mild implication there? yes. is this some overt serious pressure? lol, give me a break.

i am with you guys in recognizing the FBI has many biased people, wasnt compliant with POTUS trump, and sticks its nose into things it shouldnt. but calling this pressure to censor is so fucking overdramatic lol.

if facebook didnt listen and didnt adjust a damn thing what would the FBI have done? in order for pressure to be valid there must be consequences? the FBI gonna assassinate Zuck?

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 29 2022 01:37pm
Gold: 24.06
Aug 29 2022 01:44pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 29 2022 01:36pm)
i find it beyond hilarious that all of you just keep saying "applying pressure to social media" when literally 100% of the proof of this that we have is zuck saying vaguely "yeah the FBI called our team to tell us this story was going to drop".

is there a mild implication there? yes. is this some overt serious pressure? lol, give me a break.

i am with you guys in recognizing the FBI has many biased people, wasnt compliant with POTUS trump, and sticks its nose into things it shouldnt. but calling this pressure to censor is so fucking overdramatic lol.

if facebook didnt listen and didnt adjust a damn thing what would the FBI have done? in order for pressure to be valid there must be consequences? the FBI gonna assassinate Zuck?

No, he would of just committed suicide. Hung in a tree and shot in the chest kind of suicide.

Gold: 23.00
Aug 29 2022 01:54pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 29 2022 03:01pm)
come, on, man!

when the story broke the timeline was Hunter Biden leaves laptop containing a massive amount of photos and videos of him banging hookers and doing crack with them at a random PC repair shop then never picks it up. it turned out to be more or less 100% what happened, but if you heard that story and thought "that sounds 100% plausible" you're fucking insane.

"dearth of evidence", is a funny way to describe an unreal event that never passed the smell test and needed serious substantiation to be proven out. its one of the most wild stories ever.

Why wasn't the same thing occurring for the misinformation regarding Trump in 2016?

Like the Russian collusion that was promoted on social media and the news that ended up being a nothing burger. Why didn't the FBI contact social media about that?
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 29 2022 02:12pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Aug 29 2022 02:54pm)
Why wasn't the same thing occurring for the misinformation regarding Trump in 2016?

Like the Russian collusion that was promoted on social media and the news that ended up being a nothing burger. Why didn't the FBI contact social media about that?

2 reasons, 2016 election was the typifying event for disinformation in social media. previous to that no one, most at the FBI included, likely had no idea russian bot farms even existed. secondly even if they did know they wouldnt have done anything due to anti-Trump bias. but again pre-2016 election and post-2016 isnt a very analogous comparison.
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 29 2022 03:05pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 29 Aug 2022 21:36)

Well, to be fair, actual pressure likely wasn't needed, considering the overt partisanship of big tech. To quote the Google CEO on the day after Trump's election: "We (sic) lost".

Quote (thesnipa @ 29 Aug 2022 22:12)
2 reasons, 2016 election was the typifying event for disinformation in social media. previous to that no one, most at the FBI included, likely had no idea russian bot farms even existed. secondly even if they did know they wouldnt have done anything due to anti-Trump bias. but again pre-2016 election and post-2016 isnt a very analogous comparison.

LOL! Pretty much every politically interested European knew about Russian troll farms since 2014, so the US intelligence community must have been aware of the threat too.
Gold: 2,009.99
Aug 29 2022 03:14pm
Facebook censored the Hunter Biden laptop story because of possible “misinformation” The story turned out to be true

A courtesy they never gave Trump when it came to “misinformation” despite it being actual misinformation.

The FBI reached out to FB claiming there’s some “misinformation” coming out about Hunter Biden’s laptop. The story turned out to be true

A courtesy they never gave to Trump when it came to “misinformation” despite it being actual disinformation.

I am jacks complete lack of surprise at individuals losing faith in these institutions
Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2022 04:27pm
Gold: 57.00
Aug 29 2022 05:38pm
this is the same FBI which:

sat on information for years about that sicko doctor abusing underaged Olympic athletes
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/05/26/larry-nassar-fbi-agents-no-charges/

wrote this letter to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to try and pressure him to declining the Nobel Peace Prize
https://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/11/12/7204453/martin-luther-king-fbi-letter

and somehow basically every mass killer is 'known to the FBI' way in advance

now its coming out the FBI has telling the facebook what to allow on social media for years. russian shitposting = allow so we can investigate political foes, actual news = do not allow
Gold: 14,569.69
Aug 29 2022 06:48pm
If you get your news of Facebook your vote should be revoked
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 29 2022 06:51pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ Aug 29 2022 07:48pm)
If you get your news of Facebook your vote should be revoked

I think the most recent pew research on the topic said 1/3 of Americans use Facebook as their primary news source.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1176177178179180233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll