d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1176717681769177017713169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 945.00
Apr 10 2018 02:31am
to be more direct, fire mueller and it's obstruction. bye bye prez
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 10 2018 02:41am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 10 2018 02:15am)
That first rule doesn't make much sense to me. If the investigators have reason to believe Cohen would destroy documents, why would they be required to issue a subpoena first?

I think the attorney rules are written with a presumption of good faith in attorneys. To skip past giving a lawyer a chance to voluntarily disclose documents on request and instead break down his door- that would be grounds to get a search tossed out as improper, even with probable cause. And its not hard to see why there's good reason in that to protect privilege and due process, going after attorneys should be a very high bar or else every prosecutor would just intimidate the defense's counsel. But for whatever reason, that is the rule, and nobody seems to be pointing at the existence of any such attempt to give Cohen that option. Maybe it did happen and it hasn't been reported. But to actually skip that step would require some seriously compelling evidence that Cohen intends to destroy evidence if they ask for it. And really, how could they possibly have that? Anything less than having Cohen on tape saying "I will destroy the evidence if you ever subpoena me, lalala neener-neener" would fall short. Granted, its not a legal right to be immune from search, its a set of guidelines, and still falls under prosecutorial discretion, but it would give any judge with a civil libertarian bone left in his body a chance to jump at to throw out the baby and bathwater alike. Which frankly, they could do even if Mueller crossed/dotted all his t's and t's in accordance with the rules, anyway.

@bold: Where's it say that?

I swear I read it somewhere possibly weeks ago when this stormy daniels saga was unfolding, various articles about "cohen talks to mueller all about stormy daniels", and again today in some of the numerous articles I was delving through, but in the storm of conflicting information right after the raids, who knows.

As with everything Mueller related, I just assume what everyone thought about him the day before he was involved in investigating Trump, which is that he's a great attorney with integrity who is respected on both sides. I'll maintain that belief until I see sufficient evidence to prove otherwise.

Well not Dershowitz at least, he's seen Mueller as being an authoritarian captain ahab looking to cast his harpoon into civil liberties since the days of letting innocent men die in prison to protect whitey bulger as an informant
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 10 2018 03:23am
cool news look like it's. not happening every day a president attorney get investigated like this.

How long till the investigation is finished? seriously... it's amazing
Gold: 285.00
Apr 10 2018 04:42am
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 10 2018 03:41am)
I think the attorney rules are written with a presumption of good faith in attorneys. To skip past giving a lawyer a chance to voluntarily disclose documents on request and instead break down his door- that would be grounds to get a search tossed out as improper, even with probable cause. And its not hard to see why there's good reason in that to protect privilege and due process, going after attorneys should be a very high bar or else every prosecutor would just intimidate the defense's counsel. But for whatever reason, that is the rule, and nobody seems to be pointing at the existence of any such attempt to give Cohen that option. Maybe it did happen and it hasn't been reported. But to actually skip that step would require some seriously compelling evidence that Cohen intends to destroy evidence if they ask for it. And really, how could they possibly have that? Anything less than having Cohen on tape saying "I will destroy the evidence if you ever subpoena me, lalala neener-neener" would fall short. Granted, its not a legal right to be immune from search, its a set of guidelines, and still falls under prosecutorial discretion, but it would give any judge with a civil libertarian bone left in his body a chance to jump at to throw out the baby and bathwater alike. Which frankly, they could do even if Mueller crossed/dotted all his t's and t's in accordance with the rules, anyway.

I swear I read it somewhere possibly weeks ago when this stormy daniels saga was unfolding, various articles about "cohen talks to mueller all about stormy daniels", and again today in some of the numerous articles I was delving through, but in the storm of conflicting information right after the raids, who knows.

Well not Dershowitz at least, he's seen Mueller as being an authoritarian captain ahab looking to cast his harpoon into civil liberties since the days of letting innocent men die in prison to protect whitey bulger as an informant

Dershiwitz is an authoritarian himself though. He has defended state torture, constant droning of civilians, and American occupation of everything.

Not a good person to quote. Harpoon into civil liberties? Lol. What an imagination! Maybe Trump shouldn't have hid his taxes and had the bare amount of transparency.

You guys are already building up to justification for firing Mueller when that will be a grave mistake and an admission of guilt to many many people. He will be viewed as being too close to something.

That is what happens when you align yourself with a Rogues gallery and the campaign. Talking Manafort and Roger Stone...with friends like those you don't need enemies. Roger Stone is already contradicting him stuff all over the news stations about what he knew it is only a matter of time before he gets a subpoena and has to tell the truth or lie on record.

You have the candidate's son meeting with foreign governments who are offering help on the campaign? Lol

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 10 2018 04:44am
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 10 2018 06:29am
at this point im expecting the perjury angle that the repubs went with in Clinton's case. it's the weakest point in the armor.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 10 2018 07:19am
If Trump wants to fire Mueller, or at least put in a new AG to oversee his investigation, it wouldn't be a bad week to do it, assuming he bombs Syria in a few days.

Lol @ Kellyanne Conway's husband. Clearly not woke.
https://twitter.com/gtconway3d

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 10 2018 07:24am
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 10 2018 08:57am
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/10/pompeo-hearing-state-clinton-512155

Pompeo has sought advice from Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and other former Secretaries of State. That's a good sign... unless you're a Trump cultist of course.
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 10 2018 09:21am
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-homeland-security-adviser-bossert-resigning-142559861.html

aaaaand another one's gone, another one's gone, another one bites the dust.
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 10 2018 06:03pm
Gold: 285.00
Apr 10 2018 06:22pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 10 2018 07:03pm)

Wonder what the crime-fraud exception was though.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1176717681769177017713169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll