d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1176217631764176517663169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 8 2018 09:16am
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/08/politics/donald-trump-syria-assad/index.html

President Donald Trump called out Russian President Vladimir Putin by name on Sunday for backing Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and warned of a "big price" after reports of a chemical weapons attack in Syria almost a year to the day since the US struck a Syrian air field after a previous attack.

"Many dead, including women and children, in mindless CHEMICAL attack in Syria," Trump tweeted. "Area of atrocity is in lockdown and encircled by Syrian Army, making it completely inaccessible to outside world. President Putin, Russia and Iran are responsible for backing Animal Assad. Big price..."
He continued, "....to pay. Open area immediately for medical help and verification. Another humanitarian disaster for no reason whatsoever. SICK!"

I predict the cult will blame Obama for not putting boots on the ground in Syria, which they have been against up until this point. Their doublethink will defend future actions they voted against in the election. The HRC is too hawkish and Trump is a dove people like Mr. Shill.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 8 2018 09:43am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 8 2018 10:16am)
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/08/politics/donald-trump-syria-assad/index.html

I predict the cult will blame Obama for not putting boots on the ground in Syria, which they have been against up until this point. Their doublethink will defend future actions they voted against in the election. The HRC is too hawkish and Trump is a dove people like Mr. Shill.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Trump's latest tweet blamed Obama.

Good on Trump though for finally saying something negative about Putin. I think this might be the first time he's ever done it.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 8 2018 09:44am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 8 2018 09:46am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 8 2018 10:43am)
I couldn't have said it better myself. Trump's latest tweet blamed Obama.

Good on Trump though for finally saying something negative about Putin. I think this might be the first time he's ever done it.

actions speak louder than words..we just hit them with a shitload of sanctions....but where is the good old Trump works for putin bit? tired of spinning the same old bullshit yarn?
Apr 8 2018 09:50am
Quote (Plaquelord @ Apr 8 2018 10:46am)
actions speak louder than words..we just hit them with a shitload of sanctions....but where is the good old Trump works for putin bit? tired of spinning the same old bullshit yarn?

They do... but Trump is a guy who criticizes anyone and everyone, so his unwillingness to criticize Putin was and is suspicious. It's not like this narrative got created in a vacuum.
Apr 8 2018 09:52am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 8 2018 10:50am)
They do... but Trump is a guy who criticizes anyone and everyone, so his unwillingness to criticize Putin was and is suspicious. It's not like this narrative got created in a vacuum.

in his words to which i believe it's better that our two nations get along rather than fighting
Apr 8 2018 09:59am
Quote (Plaquelord @ Apr 8 2018 10:52am)
in his words to which i believe it's better that our two nations get along rather than fighting

Why is Russia and Putin special in this regard? It'd be great if we could get along with everyone, especially adversaries like Russia, China and Iran. Trump will criticize China and Iran, he'll criticize the leader of our closest ally(Theresa May), but he's chosen not to criticize Russia(and especially Putin) until recently.

Trump has no message discipline on anything.... except Russia and Putin.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 8 2018 10:00am
Apr 8 2018 10:08am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 8 2018 10:59am)
Why is Russia and Putin special in this regard? It'd be great if we could get along with everyone, especially adversaries like Russia, China and Iran. Trump will criticize China and Iran, he'll criticize the leader of our closest ally(Theresa May), but he's chosen not to criticize Russia(and especially Putin) until recently.

i think any country that has over 2k nukes should be treated special...You're a grown adult should I really have to explain that to you?
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 8 2018 10:12am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 8 2018 09:59am)

because china is a bigger threat to our geopolitical future dominance than russia. We can leverage our relationship with russia to hedge against chinese influence. And china is who benefits when america and russia are at each others throats
Apr 8 2018 10:41am
Quote (Plaquelord @ Apr 8 2018 11:08am)
i think any country that has over 2k nukes should be treated special...You're a grown adult should I really have to explain that to you?

Russia has a bunch of nukes so the president of the United States can't criticize them for bad behavior? I don't see how that makes any sense.

Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 8 2018 11:12am)
because china is a bigger threat to our geopolitical future dominance than russia. We can leverage our relationship with russia to hedge against chinese influence. And china is who benefits when america and russia are at each others throats

That's true, but I don't think there's any good reason to think that's why Trump won't criticize Putin/Russia. Trump doesn't play 4d chess... he doesn't play chess at all, he's stumbling from one issue to the next.

Relationships between countries are a two way street, and Putin is making it impossible for us to get back to something normal. Also, I don't know that refusing to criticize Putin publicly is a good strategy. Practically every Russia or Putin expert I've heard or read says that Putin is a man who responds to strength.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 8 2018 10:43am
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 8 2018 10:59am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 8 2018 10:41am)
Russia has a bunch of nukes so the president of the United States can't criticize them for bad behavior? I don't see how that makes any sense.

That's true, but I don't think there's any good reason to think that's why Trump won't criticize Putin/Russia. Trump doesn't play 4d chess... he doesn't play chess at all, he's stumbling from one issue to the next.

Relationships between countries are a two way street, and Putin is making it impossible for us to get back to something normal. Also, I don't know that refusing to criticize Putin publicly is a good strategy. Practically every Russia or Putin expert I've heard or read says that Putin is a man who responds to strength.

Trump's been doing the geopolitical equivalent of crushing putin's handshake and smiling at him, hasn't he? The stuff about sanctions and airstrikes in syria gets reported, and blowing up russian citizens defending an oil field instead of scampering off is a pretty big deal, but a lot of the more potent measures aimed at russia have flown under the radar- shipping lethal arms to ukraine, sending US natural gas to the old soviet bloc to wean them off russian dependence and selling patriot missiles to poland. Trump's made it clear he doesn't want to antagonize russia and would prefer if they played nice, but seems to be straddling a line between avoiding escalating into a new cold war and still playing a hard line. I'm not sure a war of words would help that.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1176217631764176517663169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll