d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1176017611762176317643169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 3 2018 11:20am
Quote (IceMage @ 3 Apr 2018 14:43)
I had two very inaccurate ideas in 2016. The first was that Trump had no chance of winning. The second was that Trump, once getting inaugurated and realizing the weight of the office, would step up to the job and knock off most of the nonsense.

I don't think he's choosing to be a divisive moron, it's just his nature.

being a divisive moron (who surprisingly frequently nails issues) is what made him president.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 3 2018 11:53am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 3 2018 12:20pm)
being a divisive moron (who surprisingly frequently nails issues) is what made him president.

What gets you elected isn't necessarily what makes you a good leader/president.

Also, I don't think him acting like a divisive moron got him elected president. Divisiveness got him the primary win, but his aspirational/change message ultimately got him elected president. As far as his style, there's a difference between being brash/non-PC, and just being an asshole.
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 3 2018 12:02pm
Quote (IceMage @ 3 Apr 2018 19:53)
What gets you elected isn't necessarily what makes you a good leader/president.

Also, I don't think him acting like a divisive moron got him elected president. Divisiveness got him the primary win, but his aspirational/change message ultimately got him elected president. As far as his style, there's a difference between being brash/non-PC, and just being an asshole.

he took the polarized country and increased the polarization even more. in the end, thanks to an equally polarizing opponent, hyperpartisanship allowed him to hold on to traditional GOP voters even though he isnt exactly the paragon of virtue. and his message of economic populism, anti-immigration and the promise of shaking up the status quo allowed him to realign his coalition slightly compared to Romney2012, which gave him the electoral college through narrow wins in the midwest.

had he been less divisive or radical in his message, he wouldnt have won the votes from disillusioned voters, and had he been less of a moron/redneck/caricature of himself, he wouldnt have appealed as much to rural voters whose surge secured him florida, NC and the midwest.

I agree though that Trump not toning down his trumpiness one bit is an issue, I agree that it makes him a troublesome, questionable leader/president.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 3 2018 12:10pm
Gold: 8,876.90
Apr 3 2018 12:03pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 3 2018 11:53am)
As far as his style, there's a difference between being brash/non-PC, and just being an asshole.

Care to elaborate? It seems to me the later is much more subjective. I've seen some actions/read things he has said that are brash/non-PC where I don't really consider them as him being an asshole. Where as if you scroll to the first response on some page X about that issue you'd think he's the reincarnation of the devil or something along the lines.
Gold: 5.77
Apr 3 2018 12:07pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 3 2018 04:57am)

I love when the dude who has cheated on all of his wives and even cheated on his mistresses and, worst, of all, he cheated on his daughter, is calling people Cheatin' anything.
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 3 2018 12:54pm
https://nypost.com/2018/04/03/trump-us-military-will-guard-mexican-border/

It appears Trump is taking a leaf out of my book. I suggested this months ago. It's a bundle we can all get on board with.

Returning vets can be given non-combat roles to cool off from foreign wars potentially reducing PTSD driven tragedies.

Military spending is given a domestic role that's less easy to ignore, direct results.

Military are the best trained already to handle this role, cuts down on training costs.

The area is a perfect training grounds for middle eastern war games.

Cartel are now forced to deal with massive fire power instead of small arms ICE has.

Even if this results in a military occupation of the border and stalemate on the funding of the wall this is likely cheaper and more effective than the wall would have been.
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 3 2018 12:54pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 3 2018 02:54pm)
https://nypost.com/2018/04/03/trump-us-military-will-guard-mexican-border/

It appears Trump is taking a leaf out of my book. I suggested this months ago. It's a bundle we can all get on board with.

Returning vets can be given non-combat roles to cool off from foreign wars potentially reducing PTSD driven tragedies.

Military spending is given a domestic role that's less easy to ignore, direct results.

Military are the best trained already to handle this role, cuts down on training costs.

The area is a perfect training grounds for middle eastern war games.

Cartel are now forced to deal with massive fire power instead of small arms ICE has.

Even if this results in a military occupation of the border and stalemate on the funding of the wall this is likely cheaper and more effective than the wall would have been.

Sweet :thumbsup:
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 3 2018 02:52pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 3 2018 01:02pm)
he took the polarized country and increased the polarization even more. in the end, thanks to an equally polarizing opponent, hyperpartisanship allowed him to hold on to traditional GOP voters even though he isnt exactly the paragon of virtue. and his message of economic populism, anti-immigration and the promise of shaking up the status quo allowed him to realign his coalition slightly compared to Romney2012, which gave him the electoral college through narrow wins in the midwest.

had he been less divisive or radical in his message, he wouldnt have won the votes from disillusioned voters, and had he been less of a moron/redneck/caricature of himself, he wouldnt have appealed as much to rural voters whose surge secured him florida, NC and the midwest.

I agree though that Trump not toning down his trumpiness one bit is an issue, I agree that it makes him a troublesome, questionable leader/president.

Trump didn't win Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania because he insulted John McCain, verbally sparred with gold star parents, or constantly said other absurd things. His economic and change messages, combined with his charisma/brashness/simplistic way of talking, won him the presidency.

Trump actually toned down the radical proposals after he won the primary.

Also, there's a difference between being divisive on issues, or using very tough rhetoric on your opponent, and just being an asshole. Proposing to ban all foreign Muslims from entering the country is extreme, giving your opponent the name Crooked Hillary is kind of immature and low, but both those things are at least somewhat understandable in the grand scheme of things. Abandoning all decency by attacking the former president with a stupid nickname... I just don't understand it. He doesn't do it to rally his base, his base isn't going to leave him because he hasn't insulted Obama for a few months. He does it because he's an asshole.

Quote (WiziLiCe @ Apr 3 2018 01:03pm)
Care to elaborate? It seems to me the later is much more subjective. I've seen some actions/read things he has said that are brash/non-PC where I don't really consider them as him being an asshole. Where as if you scroll to the first response on some page X about that issue you'd think he's the reincarnation of the devil or something along the lines.

I answered that above^.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 3 2018 02:54pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Gold: 57.00
Apr 3 2018 06:41pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 3 Apr 2018 20:30)

lol

Quote (IceMage @ 3 Apr 2018 16:52)
Trump didn't win Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania because he insulted John McCain, verbally sparred with gold star parents, or constantly said other absurd things. His economic and change messages, combined with his charisma/brashness/simplistic way of talking, won him the presidency.

Trump actually toned down the radical proposals after he won the primary.

Also, there's a difference between being divisive on issues, or using very tough rhetoric on your opponent, and just being an asshole. Proposing to ban all foreign Muslims from entering the country is extreme, giving your opponent the name Crooked Hillary is kind of immature and low, but both those things are at least somewhat understandable in the grand scheme of things. Abandoning all decency by attacking the former president with a stupid nickname... I just don't understand it. He doesn't do it to rally his base, his base isn't going to leave him because he hasn't insulted Obama for a few months. He does it because he's an asshole.

I answered that above^.

>hey Romney the 80s called the want their foreign policy back
>hey Drumpf no one can rig the election quit crying

those who cheered the above two statements are now all election-deniers and clamoring for war against their beloved Soviet Union i mean ‘russia’

This post was edited by excellence on Apr 3 2018 06:42pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1176017611762176317643169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll