d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1175176177178179307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 15 2023 02:23pm
Quote (El1te @ Jul 16 2023 08:04am)
If you cannot understand the profound truth in the Bible you are either 1) illiterate 2) an idiot or 3) willfully ignorant because you know that you aren't meeting the standards of biblical ethic

Christianity was evolved from Judaism which predates Roman and Greek polytheism by the way, since you seem to historically uneducated. The Old Testament is older than Greco-Roman civilization

What's this profound truth you speak of?

Quote (El1te @ Jul 16 2023 05:58am)
You're right that it's more of a metaphorical mythology, with factual truth weaved in, however that does not make it any less significant or profound, as it is the most scientifically accurate piece of literature which deduces and explains the mysteries of human nature. It is the purest form of truth. Much like Homer's Iliad the Bible is the foundational document of our civilization

It weaves elements of truth and a whole lot of morality tales to either scare people or give a false sense of hope. In what way is it scientific? It talks about the world with 4 corners and how a foreskin should be chopped off. What exactly is scientific about it?
Gold: 10.00
Jul 15 2023 02:43pm
Don't forget the part where it identifies bats as birds. Claiming the bible has any scientific value is ridiculous. Claiming it is profound truth is just straight up lies.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 15 2023 02:58pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 16 2023 12:30am)
Yes, you are confused. That is what I believe the first correct thing you said in 6 Months. I did give 2 references from Wikipedia. By my logic we can disregard those links as valid. Yet I had also posted other links, hence multiple sources. Sources that are trustworthy and sources, like Wikipedia, that are not so trustworthy. Yet they all say the same thing.

What I'm saying is that if you must resort to insults as your first reply then you know you've lost. You made a claim that "Records and knowledge of Ur's existence has been available for thousandsof years before the bible was ever written." Even if you somehow managed to find said record outside of Wikipedia, that still doesn't discredit the Bible.

You obviously didn't read what I had mentioned earlier. I'll quote it for you.

Yeah you have a real hard time trusting anything don't you? Did your best friend stab you in the back when you were younger and now you can't trust anyone? Or did your brother mess up your computer because you left it unlocked when you left to go to the bathroom?

That is a you problem. That's something you need to work out. The evidence that has been presented to us has been good enough to keep this going for over 2,000 years. It's you who needs to come to terms.

Oh I know, your "best friend" was a "Christian" and they ended up hurting you and you never managed to get over what they did? Maybe that's why you made this thread originally. Is this a way for you to cope with having your trust betrayed by those whom you used to trust?

Well why did you present "untrustworthy" sources to me in the first place?
Then the second someone proves you wrong by your "logic" they are to be disregarded as not valid. It's comical copout

Quote (addone @ Jul 15 2023 02:32pm)
I don't have a problem you do. Christians don't accept the same references when their feelings get proven wrong. You are prime example of I'll just look away and pretend not to see hypocrisy. But when it's the other guy then they are wrong no matter what.
Btw you haven't addressed the actual evidence and the main point. All you did was try and make excuses.

Here is more of the references to support my claim. (since your cop-out of wiki isn't valid tantrum). You are welcome to cry

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/stewart_don/faq/words-bible/question4-original-manuscripts-of-the-bible.cfm

https://www.compellingtruth.org/original-Bible.html

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/bible/is-the-original-bible-still-in-existence.html

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/where-are-the-original-scriptures

I have provided multiple other sources which say same thing just so you wouldn't wriggle out with excuses. You are welcome

I never said it discredits the bible. I said it doesn't autotically make whats true inside just because it weaves real places. Or can you not read?
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 15 2023 04:33pm
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 15 2023 12:08pm)
I'm as good at comedy as you are. Tho with a willing theist to play with it is possible to make a LOT of fun out of them.

playing the mocker and scoffer it what your meant to do

Jul 15 2023 05:20pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 15 Jul 2023 18:33)
playing the mocker and scoffer it what your meant to do

Nah my typical strategy in a discussion is to approach it from the same perspective as the participants. I'm mocking and scoffing at you because that's the way you communicate. It's for your benefit. If you were either capable of or willing to participate in a real discussion you'd find I did the same.
Jul 15 2023 05:22pm
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 15 2023 04:20pm)
Nah my typical strategy in a discussion is to approach it from the same perspective as the participants. I'm mocking and scoffing at you because that's the way you communicate. It's for your benefit. If you were either capable of or willing to participate in a real discussion you'd find I did the same.

you came in mocking and scoffing. i gave you the consideration due
Jul 15 2023 05:25pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 15 Jul 2023 19:22)
you came in mocking and scoffing. i gave you the consideration due

Yes I did. You were already here mocking and scoffing when I arrived, making it easy to determine mocking and scoffing as the correct entrance.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 15 2023 05:33pm
Quote (addone @ Jul 16 2023 06:58am)
Well why did you present "untrustworthy" sources to me in the first place?
Then the second someone proves you wrong by your "logic" they are to be disregarded as not valid. It's comical copout

I have provided multiple other sources which say same thing just so you wouldn't wriggle out with excuses. You are welcome

I never said it discredits the bible. I said it doesn't autotically make whats true inside just because it weaves real places. Or can you not read?

Well, you see, if I had not done that then you would have had to come up with a different excuse. You and I both know that you would have been unable to do so. It is imperative that you try and find something wrong within every post otherwise you might turn and believe. It's only your eternity at stake.

You quoted TiStuff when you posted that. Was that meant to be directed at me? You certainly tried to make a claim that the findings were 'copies', without any real knowledge on the matter. Even if they are copies, they were copies of the original right?
Jul 15 2023 05:35pm
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 15 2023 04:25pm)
Yes I did. You were already here mocking and scoffing when I arrived, making it easy to determine mocking and scoffing as the correct entrance.

:)
Jul 15 2023 05:38pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 15 Jul 2023 19:35)
:)

Did you expect me to lie?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1175176177178179307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll