d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mar A Lago Raided By Fbi
Prev1175176177178179233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 29 2022 11:09am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Aug 29 2022 12:04pm)
Every single one of your posts is deflecting from the original argument that Facebook was literally pressured by the FBI to censor the story.

You literally are jumping through hoops and now trying to argue their are levels to censorship which has absolutely nothing to do with the original post.

I would ignore posts that made me look retarded so yeah you might as well m8.

define "pressure" and we may agree. the way i define pressure and from what Zuck said, i dont currently agree.

again, my original foray into this topic was me basically saying "oh the FBI just called them to let them know the laptop story was dropping and then let them do whatever they wanted? that surprises me."

based on Twitter's 100% banning of the sharing of the story i assumed up until now that the FBI was heavily pressuring social media platforms, this is the first time ive seen it reported what facebook specifically did. i knew twitter banned it outright so i assumed the FBI and DOJ were heavily working the social media companies to suppress stories in real time, no just calling them to tip them off. i thought there was far more pressure coming from the DOJ than what Zuck states.
Gold: 10,485.00
Aug 29 2022 11:12am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 29 2022 01:04pm)
no. if i was a president attempting to prove my own FBI and DOJ was conspiring against me with the democrats i'd have done it when i was in office, in charge of the DOJ and FBI. i wouldnt wait until i have no power and take documents and then refuse to return them and then get raided.

then again now that u mention it this is a terrible illogical plan that was destined to fail and so i agree its possible trump did this.

He did try to do it when he was in office.
It seems he may have kept trying even when no longer in office.
Or... he assumed he would win the 2020 election, and just forgot about the documents, or kept them in case he might still need them.

Dude... the discussion is pointless. This is just my guess about why he had the documents... there is no way we can prove it... one way or the other.
We're just wasting e-ink.

This post was edited by Ghot on Aug 29 2022 11:12am
Gold: 1.00
Aug 29 2022 11:27am
LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

Feel like i'm having deja vu for some reason!

This post was edited by SBD on Aug 29 2022 11:27am
Gold: 23.00
Aug 29 2022 11:38am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 29 2022 01:09pm)
define "pressure" and we may agree. the way i define pressure and from what Zuck said, i dont currently agree.

again, my original foray into this topic was me basically saying "oh the FBI just called them to let them know the laptop story was dropping and then let them do whatever they wanted? that surprises me."

based on Twitter's 100% banning of the sharing of the story i assumed up until now that the FBI was heavily pressuring social media platforms, this is the first time ive seen it reported what facebook specifically did. i knew twitter banned it outright so i assumed the FBI and DOJ were heavily working the social media companies to suppress stories in real time, no just calling them to tip them off. i thought there was far more pressure coming from the DOJ than what Zuck states.

A government agency coming up to you and warning you about story that will end up on your platform is pressuring you to suppress that story. That was the clear intent of the FBI otherwise they would not have even bothered to contact social media.

We also don't know if Zuckerberg was being completely honest about how it went down but even by his story it is definitely very shady that the FBI would be involved in a situation that influenced an election.
Aug 29 2022 11:53am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Aug 29 2022 12:38pm)
A government agency coming up to you and warning you about story that will end up on your platform is pressuring you to suppress that story. That was the clear intent of the FBI otherwise they would not have even bothered to contact social media.

We also don't know if Zuckerberg was being completely honest about how it went down but even by his story it is definitely very shady that the FBI would be involved in a situation that influenced an election.

i dont necessarily agree. social media disinformation is a hot topic story, the FBI tipping them off ahead of big stories doesnt seem out of character at all or 100% strongarming.

i think its simplest to state it like this, the "pressure" i assumed the FBI was applying to facebook is analogous to the "censorship" twitter applies, basically harsh. i'm surprised that the "pressure" is just a phonecall heads up.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 29 2022 11:54am
Gold: 526.37
Aug 29 2022 12:01pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 29 2022 12:02pm)
I listened to the snippet and Zuck clearly said that the FBI notified FB of potential Russian disinfo when this story was dropping with the implication that the story is Russian disinfo. They didn't do this for no reason, they expected tech giants to respond appropriately.

This should be obvious, which begs the question why the FBI would be interested in creating a perception of disinformation if there was a complete dearth of evidence substantiating it.

There aren't a whole lot of explanations that make sense. It seems that elements of the FBI, and certainly senior leadership, were clearly hostile to the President and were manipulating levers of influence to suppress information that might help his reelection campaign.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 29 2022 12:13pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 29 2022 01:01pm)
This should be obvious, which begs the question why the FBI would be interested in creating a perception of disinformation if there was a complete dearth of evidence substantiating it.

There aren't a whole lot of explanations that make sense. It seems that elements of the FBI, and certainly senior leadership, were clearly hostile to the President and were manipulating levers of influence to suppress information that might help his reelection campaign.

Bro the FBI would never have Ill intent. Ever. Only the local police precincts have bad actors. The feds have shown to be nothing but virtuous and valiant.
Aug 29 2022 01:01pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 29 2022 01:01pm)

come, on, man!

when the story broke the timeline was Hunter Biden leaves laptop containing a massive amount of photos and videos of him banging hookers and doing crack with them at a random PC repair shop then never picks it up. it turned out to be more or less 100% what happened, but if you heard that story and thought "that sounds 100% plausible" you're fucking insane.

"dearth of evidence", is a funny way to describe an unreal event that never passed the smell test and needed serious substantiation to be proven out. its one of the most wild stories ever.
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 29 2022 01:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 29 Aug 2022 21:01)
come, on, man!

when the story broke the timeline was Hunter Biden leaves laptop containing a massive amount of photos and videos of him banging hookers and doing crack with them at a random PC repair shop then never picks it up. it turned out to be more or less 100% what happened, but if you heard that story and thought "that sounds 100% plausible" you're fucking insane.

"dearth of evidence", is a funny way to describe an unreal event that never passed the smell test and needed serious substantiation to be proven out. its one of the most wild stories ever.

You're describing a rationale for the media to spike this story or report on it carefully and with lots of disclaimers. It is not an argument for the FBI to consider this story disinformation (and apply implicit pressure on social media to treat it as such!) without any actual evidence, just because it subjectively "doesn't pass the smell test". At the end of the day, it's clear that the FBI people in charge didn't approach this story open and unbiased.

Imagine a similarly damning and outlandish story had come out about one of the Trump kids - does anyone seriously believe that the FBI would have been as inclined to consider it disinformation and to put pressure on social media to suppress it?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 29 2022 01:26pm
Gold: 24.06
Aug 29 2022 01:30pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 29 2022 01:26pm)
You're describing a rationale for the media to spike this story or report on it carefully and with lots of disclaimers. It is not an argument for the FBI to consider this story disinformation (and apply implicit pressure on social media to treat it as such!) without any actual evidence, just because it subjectively "doesn't pass the smell test". At the end of the day, it's clear that the FBI people in charge didn't approach this story open and unbiased.

Imagine a similarly damning and outlandish story had come out about one of the Trump kids - does anyone seriously believe that the FBI would have been as inclined to consider it disinformation and to put pressure on social media to suppress it?

The FBI would be leaking the story.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1175176177178179233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll