d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1174175176177178307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 15 2023 04:51am

Gold: 10.00
Jul 15 2023 05:14am
Quote (TiStuff @ 15 Jul 2023 06:33)

i suppose we can use the word inspired?

We could but provoked would be just as accurate a term. I'd suggest it was simply an attempt at clarification.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 15 2023 06:02am
Quote (El1te @ Jul 15 2023 06:00pm)
Santa Claus is not imaginary, he's an invoked spiritual image of Saint Nicholas who was a real person. Santa exists, along with his gifts, where Christianity is spread.

Invoked spiritual image for Jesus also. I could see that being an explanation for bible magic. Just like Santa doing supernatural things such as flying with magical reindeer Jesus was some jewish guy who people held in high regard made up this alter ego story of this magician who walks on water ressurects people and cannot die, a benevolent saviour to worship, etc.

That makes total sense. Here I was thinking bible was a literal depiction but it's more of a metaphorical story book that was made larger than life through imaginative tales to capture peoples attention.
Should of said it at the start would of been a shorter thread. ;)
Gold: 0.00
Jul 15 2023 06:30am
Quote (addone @ Jul 15 2023 12:00pm)
I am confused. You literally gave me 2 references from Wikipedia. Now you are saying its not credible when same source is used to prove you wrong. It's not insulting to call you ignorant because that's textbook display of ignorance, do facts insult you?

Btw national geographic source you referenced was merely a confirmation that an ancient city "Ur" existed. Records and knowledge of its existence has been available for thousands of years before the bible was ever written. Christians trying to take credit for its discovery is cute. Also this doesn't prove anything merely that the authors included real place in its fantasy story book. Doesn't prove magic or any of the crazy claims the bible makes. Spiderman is based in New York a real city that exists, doesn't mean the story is real also. Get a clue.

On top of that none of your sources claim to be true and original documents, what you got is a collection of copies without any way of knowing they are authentic other than trust.

Do better!

Yes, you are confused. That is what I believe the first correct thing you said in 6 Months. I did give 2 references from Wikipedia. By my logic we can disregard those links as valid. Yet I had also posted other links, hence multiple sources. Sources that are trustworthy and sources, like Wikipedia, that are not so trustworthy. Yet they all say the same thing.

What I'm saying is that if you must resort to insults as your first reply then you know you've lost. You made a claim that "Records and knowledge of Ur's existence has been available for thousands of years before the bible was ever written." Even if you somehow managed to find said record outside of Wikipedia, that still doesn't discredit the Bible.

You obviously didn't read what I had mentioned earlier. I'll quote it for you.

As is true with any historical work, not every single detail in the Bible can be directly confirmed. The Bible cannot be called unreliable simply because it contains parts which cannot be confirmed or have not yet been confirmed. What’s reasonable is to expect it to be accurate where it can be checked. This is the primary test of reliability, and here the Bible has a stellar track record. Not only have many of its historical details been confirmed, but certain portions that were once in doubt have been verified by later archaeology.

Yeah you have a real hard time trusting anything don't you? Did your best friend stab you in the back when you were younger and now you can't trust anyone? Or did your brother mess up your computer because you left it unlocked when you left to go to the bathroom?

That is a you problem. That's something you need to work out. The evidence that has been presented to us has been good enough to keep this going for over 2,000 years. It's you who needs to come to terms.

Oh I know, your "best friend" was a "Christian" and they ended up hurting you and you never managed to get over what they did? Maybe that's why you made this thread originally. Is this a way for you to cope with having your trust betrayed by those whom you used to trust?
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 15 2023 07:10am
Quote (addone @ Jul 15 2023 03:51am)

1. is carlin your guru?
2. o wow Jesus helped him get a touch down
3. o wow hes on a boat inside a whale how totally cool

Quote (Vastet @ Jul 15 2023 04:14am)
We could but provoked would be just as accurate a term. I'd suggest it was simply an attempt at clarification.

clarification??? i get it, your a comedian. your just here clowning around
Gold: 2,075.69
Jul 15 2023 11:58am
Quote (addone @ Jul 15 2023 05:02am)
Invoked spiritual image for Jesus also. I could see that being an explanation for bible magic. Just like Santa doing supernatural things such as flying with magical reindeer Jesus was some jewish guy who people held in high regard made up this alter ego story of this magician who walks on water ressurects people and cannot die, a benevolent saviour to worship, etc.

That makes total sense. Here I was thinking bible was a literal depiction but it's more of a metaphorical story book that was made larger than life through imaginative tales to capture peoples attention.
Should of said it at the start would of been a shorter thread. ;)

You're right that it's more of a metaphorical mythology, with factual truth weaved in, however that does not make it any less significant or profound, as it is the most scientifically accurate piece of literature which deduces and explains the mysteries of human nature. It is the purest form of truth. Much like Homer's Iliad the Bible is the foundational document of our civilization
Jul 15 2023 01:08pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 15 Jul 2023 09:10)
clarification??? i get it, your a comedian. your just here clowning around

I'm as good at comedy as you are. Tho with a willing theist to play with it is possible to make a LOT of fun out of them.
Jul 15 2023 01:16pm
Quote (El1te @ 15 Jul 2023 13:58)
You're right that it's more of a metaphorical mythology, with factual truth weaved in, however that does not make it any less significant or profound, as it is the most scientifically accurate piece of literature which deduces and explains the mysteries of human nature. It is the purest form of truth. Much like Homer's Iliad the Bible is the foundational document of our civilization

lol there's no profound truth in the bible. Just a jealous incompetent god and a lot of garbage with a little bit of historical accuracy to make it look good to the uneducated. The Greeks and Romans had humanity figured out in their mythology long before the christians showed up to turn dionysus and asclepius into jesus.
Gold: 2,075.69
Jul 15 2023 02:04pm
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 15 2023 12:16pm)
lol there's no profound truth in the bible. Just a jealous incompetent god and a lot of garbage with a little bit of historical accuracy to make it look good to the uneducated. The Greeks and Romans had humanity figured out in their mythology long before the christians showed up to turn dionysus and asclepius into jesus.

If you cannot understand the profound truth in the Bible you are either 1) illiterate 2) an idiot or 3) willfully ignorant because you know that you aren't meeting the standards of biblical ethic

Christianity was evolved from Judaism which predates Roman and Greek polytheism by the way, since you seem to historically uneducated. The Old Testament is older than Greco-Roman civilization

This post was edited by El1te on Jul 15 2023 02:05pm
Jul 15 2023 02:22pm
Quote (El1te @ 15 Jul 2023 16:04)
If you cannot understand the profound truth in the Bible you are either 1) illiterate 2) an idiot or 3) willfully ignorant because you know that you aren't meeting the standards of biblical ethic

Christianity was evolved from Judaism which predates Roman and Greek polytheism by the way, since you seem to historically uneducated. The Old Testament is older than Greco-Roman civilization

If you think there is profound truth then YOU are the illiterate/idiot/willfully ignorant one. The old testament isn't christianity the christians abandoned it millenia ago, it isn't relevant to anything.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1174175176177178307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll