d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1170617071708170917103169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 15,220.00
Feb 22 2018 10:38am
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 22 2018 09:14am)
Any factual information that shows Russia or Putin in a bad light seems to trigger the same response from you. It's not like the media woke up one morning and decided to pick on Russia... they interfered in our election and now there's more attention paid to their country. If Putin didn't want a spotlight on his behavior, he shouldn't have invaded Ukraine, and he shouldn't have interfered in our election. Actions have consequences.

The reason it gets posted in the Trump thread is because his supporters(like you) just go into knee jerk defense/deflect mode of Russia and Putin, basically mimicking Trump.

I'm not defending Putin or Trump don't get triggered because not everyone has the same enthusiasm for the soap opera you hold so dear to your heart, most of us rational folk see this for what it is. Sorry to disturb you matrix of Russians being the ultimate James Bond villains and us being the good guys, i really hope one day you wake up and see the world through a different lens then the one being fed to you by garbage "news" platforms like CNN.
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 22 2018 10:51am
Quote (Scaly @ Feb 22 2018 09:42am)
You all do it. I hadn't heard anyone use the term 'optics' until mid-last week when I used it. Now it's everywhere.

clearly we all have an ever evolving lexicon, that is a human trait. i was referring to the parrot effect, where one post later they're tossing around terms they just learned as if they knew them all along. Card is worse, but not by a lot.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 22 2018 11:03am
Quote (thesnipa @ 22 Feb 2018 16:51)
clearly we all have an ever evolving lexicon, that is a human trait. i was referring to the parrot effect, where one post later they're tossing around terms they just learned as if they knew them all along. Card is worse, but not by a lot.

Ooh. Lexicon. That's a good one. One of my favourite words. I look forward to hearing it more now :)

Now all we need is a lexicographer to introduce more awesome words into common usage.
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 22 2018 11:06am
Quote (Scaly @ Feb 22 2018 11:03am)
Ooh. Lexicon. That's a good one. One of my favourite words. I look forward to hearing it more now :)

Now all we need is a lexicographer to introduce more awesome words into common usage.

widow always said i had a wordy forced tone to my posts, o well... was rich coming from a guy who had to tap the period button 3 times before each sentence.
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 22 2018 11:07am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 22 2018 11:38am)
I'm not defending Putin or Trump don't get triggered because not everyone has the same enthusiasm for the soap opera you hold so dear to your heart, most of us rational folk see this for what it is. Sorry to disturb you matrix of Russians being the ultimate James Bond villains and us being the good guys, i really hope one day you wake up and see the world through a different lens then the one being fed to you by garbage "news" platforms like CNN.

No, you're just playing the "what do you expect" card. Next time America invades a country in the Middle East and causes further instability in the region, I'm sure we'll see the same sort of response. :rolleyes:

I'm enthusiastic about defending American(and Western) interests around the world and defending the American democratic process against foreign interference. That doesn't mean Russia is an evil country, it doesn't mean America doesn't make serious errors around the world. Trying to paint anyone concerned with Russia's actions in the world as starry eyed dolts isn't an argument.

Last I checked Reuters, BBC, NPR, and CNN all report on the same stories concerning Russia.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 22 2018 11:24am
Quote (IceMage @ 22 Feb 2018 18:07)
No, you're just playing the "what do you expect" card. Next time America invades a country in the Middle East and causes further instability in the region, I'm sure we'll see the same sort of response. :rolleyes:

I'm enthusiastic about defending American(and Western) interests around the world and defending the American democratic process against foreign interference. That doesn't mean Russia is an evil country, it doesn't mean America doesn't make serious errors around the world. Trying to paint anyone concerned with Russia's actions in the world as starry eyed dolts isn't an argument.

Last I checked Reuters, BBC, NPR, and CNN all report on the same stories concerning Russia.

BBC = Brits Boosting Clinton, NPR = National Propaganda Radio, CNN = Clinton News Network

ofc they are against russia because they want to start WW3! #justiceforputin
Gold: 152.00
Feb 22 2018 12:23pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 22 2018 12:07pm)

All fake news.
Gold: 2.70
Gold: 2,617.52
Gold: 22,720.48
Feb 22 2018 02:57pm
So looks like trump figured out the problem with gun violence. Violent movies and video games. Apparently they need a rating system for that. I'm sure the ESRB and the MPAA are completely surprised by this new development.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1170617071708170917103169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll