d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1170117021703170417053169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,404.67
Feb 21 2018 11:24am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 21 Feb 2018 18:15)
His attacks on Obama play to the base, simple as that. Also i think Trump has a personal vendetta against Obama. I remember seeing that clip of Obama embarrassing Trump in front of a huge crowd. A guy like Trump doesn't get over that. I guarantee Obama regrets doing that now, he is watching a vindictive man dismantle everything and anything Obama ever stood for, steep price to pay for a joke.

Yup, that - I think it was 2011 - white house correspondents dinner is the moment when trump decided to run for president. If you look at trumps face after obama brutally embarrassed him, you can see the birth of a super villain.
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 21 2018 11:28am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 21 2018 12:07pm)
Lol yes the objective Generals, intelligence community officials and other hawks who always beat the Russia bad drum. You understand what the words strength mean in this context right? More military spending, more interventions, more war. Ask yourself have any of the above parties ever argued that we need to cut on military or defense spending...like ever?

Calling the whole national security establishment hawks just makes the term completely meaningless. Obama and his team pursued the Russian reset when they got in, and actually managed to work with Russia and get some things done.

In July 2009, Russian president Dmitry Medvedev announced that U.S. forces supplies could pass through Russian airspace on their way to Afghanistan. On 17 September 2009, U.S. President Barack Obama announced that the U.S. was dropping the Bush Administration's plan to build a missile defence shield in Eastern Europe. Russia had viewed the planned missile shield as a military threat. Vladimir Putin said the decision was "correct and brave". In March, 2010, the U.S. and Russia agreed to reduce their nuclear arsenals.

In May 2010, major powers including the U.S., China and Russia agreed on sanctions against Iran. Three days later, the Obama Administration cancelled sanctions against the Russian state arms export agency, which had been sanctioned for exporting arms to Iran.

I seem to recall a lot of criticism from Hannity and co. over at Fox News for the defense shield decision.

You have this idea that no one in the government wants better relations with Russia, but it's not true. They just don't think a weak response to the Russians meddling in our election is good strategy. The path to better relations isn't capitulating to Russia's demands and looking the other way when Putin does something bad, it's shaping his behavior by creating consequences, so that in the future we can work together for the benefit of both parties.

I'm not asking Trump to go to cyber war with Russia, just take the Russian meddling seriously. Speak on it, and do something about it.

Feb 21 2018 11:35am
Quote (IceMage @ 21 Feb 2018 18:28)
I'm not asking Trump to go to cyber war with Russia, just take the Russian meddling seriously. Speak on it, and do something about it.

who says that the authorities are taking no action behind the scenes? I mean... if they are improving cyber security of electoral processes and ramp up the anti-propaganda operations, they will do so behind the scenes instead of telling the world exactly how they are planning to defend the integrity of the upcoming elections. this is particularly true when you consider the trump doctrine of leaving the world in the dark about their military operations and strategies.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Feb 21 2018 11:36am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 21 2018 11:36am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 21 Feb 2018 18:15)
His attacks on Obama play to the base, simple as that. Also i think Trump has a personal vendetta against Obama. I remember seeing that clip of Obama embarrassing Trump in front of a huge crowd. A guy like Trump doesn't get over that. I guarantee Obama regrets doing that now, he is watching a vindictive man dismantle everything and anything Obama ever stood for, steep price to pay for a joke.

his base is his base, those supporting him have already shown they are immune to reason, facts, and common sense. he has nothing to WIN with making such outrageous claims though, so acting like it's a political move in order to gain support doesn't make much sense.

also, you act like obama just randomly attacked trump and this is somehow his revenge. i mean, even you probably won't outright claim it's anywhere close to reasonable, mature, mentally stable, or justified, but still - you portray it as a mere reaction based on a provocation.
while in reality, trump had been attacking obama for ages before that, including some outright racist shit like the whole birth certificate deal (which his roast of trump was about btw). so the "price" for a joke sounds like a rather unlikely excuse to be honest...
Feb 21 2018 11:42am
Quote (fender @ 21 Feb 2018 18:36)
his base is his base, those supporting him have already shown they are immune to reason, facts, and common sense. he has nothing to WIN with making such outrageous claims though, so acting like it's a political move in order to gain support doesn't make much sense.

also, you act like obama just randomly attacked trump and this is somehow his revenge. i mean, even you probably won't outright claim it's anywhere close to reasonable, mature, mentally stable, or justified, but still - you portray it as a mere reaction based on a provocation.
while in reality, trump had been attacking obama for ages before that, including some outright racist shit like the whole birth certificate deal (which his roast of trump was about btw). so the "price" for a joke sounds like a rather unlikely excuse to be honest...

presidents are always faced with distasteful attacks from non-politician media figures. obama could have ignored trump and all that birther nonsense. but he didnt, he felt the need to show the world how much smarter he is, how much more decent and morally superior. he thought that trump was just a random jerk and an easy victim to be mocked.

huge mistake.
Gold: 15,220.00
Feb 21 2018 11:47am
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 21 2018 10:28am)

You want optics, optics that have been explained to you would not be good for Trump. Like Black_XistenZ said, behind the scenes our intelligence apparatus is doing a ton, there's just no point in advertising it to the masses.

Quote (fender @ Feb 21 2018 10:36am)

No, it keeps his base faithful.

No one is denying Trump fired first, the reality is that what happened during that night was a defining moment for Trumps hatred towards Obama. The man has a Texas sized ego, he's never going to forget that moment and i guarantee that at least on some level it's why he's so set on destroying everything Obama accomplished.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 21 2018 11:54am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 21 Feb 2018 18:42)
presidents are always faced with distasteful attacks from non-politician media figures. obama could have ignored trump and all that birther nonsense. but he didnt, he felt the need to show the world how much smarter he is, how much more decent and morally superior. he thought that trump was just a random jerk and an easy victim to be mocked.

huge mistake.

holy shit, you might just have taken the crown of shills. for you trump is the "victim" here? after the countless attacks on obama, including the clearly racially motivated birther conspiracy? that's just... mindblowing, wow...
so obama, being the president and making a joke at the white house correspondents' dinner, is somehow the real issue here - but trump being president, and not only continuing to attack obama, but also trying to destroy anything that has his name, is somehow just an understandable reaction of a person bragging about their mental stability? seriously, mate... you have completely lost it...
Gold: 57.00
Feb 21 2018 11:56am
Quote (thesnipa @ 21 Feb 2018 12:44)
an optic that he's not in league with Putin. shutting up the farthest left critics who are empowered by his deflection.

surely you cant claim that's not true, even if you dont subjectively think it's important.

tbh they will not shut up - just criticize him on something else. never ending.

their ‘empowerment’ comes from an unfettered hatred of the President not necessarily from any actions he does or does not take
Quote (fender @ 21 Feb 2018 13:54)
seriously, mate... you have completely lost it...

??? you talking to yourself again heinrich

This post was edited by excellence on Feb 21 2018 11:58am
Feb 21 2018 12:02pm
Quote (fender @ 21 Feb 2018 18:54)
holy shit, you might just have taken the crown of shills. for you trump is the "victim" here? after the countless attacks on obama, including the clearly racially motivated birther conspiracy? that's just... mindblowing, wow...
so obama, being the president and making a joke at the white house correspondents' dinner, is somehow the real issue here - but trump being president, and not only continuing to attack obama, but also trying to destroy anything that has his name, is somehow just an understandable reaction of a person bragging about their mental stability? seriously, mate... you have completely lost it...

I'm not saying that trump is the victim in this whole obama/trump feud, of he's not. but on that one night, it was obama who was on the offensive, it was trump who was the butt of the joke. obama didnt have to but nonetheless decided to make trump look like a fool on a big, public stage. it was funny, I laughed a lot at it.

but who's laughing now? obama, from a position of power, picked the wrong enemy. his political legacy getting dismantled is the price he has to pay for his hubris. obama didnt start this, but it was his mistake to not recognize a dangerous opponent, it was his mistake to think he could humiliate his opponent on a big stage without any repercussions.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Feb 21 2018 12:02pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 21 2018 12:02pm
Quote (excellence @ Feb 21 2018 11:56am)
tbh they will not shut up - just criticize him on something else. never ending.

their ‘empowerment’ comes from an unfettered hatred of the President not necessarily from any actions he does or does not take

??? you talking to yourself again heinrich

The far left will find another topic for sure, but even that is a "win" in a world where the news cycle refreshes every 14 days or so. still the centrists will become trump allies, shouting down the far left. ive seen this happen in the message boards and comment sections on this very topic since Trump announced the bump stock ban. People saying shit like "all a show, he doesnt actually care about the kids" etc. are getting replies like "look i dont like him either but will anything appease you?". that's progress.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1170117021703170417053169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll