d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Daca Set To Be Phased Out > Adios!
Prev1161718192024Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,383.11
Sep 7 2017 04:25am
Quote (Knaapie @ 7 Sep 2017 12:19)
I'll point a gun to your head... While telling you, I have no intension to shoot. It is congress whom have caused the problem by allowing me to have a gun in the first place. They have half a year to fix it. If they don't, I'll shoot.
The problem is that Trump is again, only being cruel. He's not part of the solution, he's only avoiding responsibility if it fails, he just holds the gun. "If you guys don't solve this for me, it's gonna end badly, bigly, gigady "

It is, if they became legal by giving their information to the government. And they did. Now we know where every 800.000 lives. Rounding them up afterwards is called entrapment.

Btw. These ppl have legit jobs right now.. Anyone got an idea of how much it would costs if they start selling drugs? or start stealing for an income ?

oh the good old "they had no choice but to become criminals argument", long time no see
if that really would be case (i dont think so) then that is even more reason to deport them
there is no excuse for becoming a criminal, but as i said before they dont look like a group that will
Gold: 5,388.33
Sep 7 2017 04:26am
Quote (Knaapie @ Sep 7 2017 02:19am)
I'll point a gun to your head... While telling you, I have no intension to shoot. It is congress whom have caused the problem by allowing me to have a gun in the first place. They have half a year to fix it. If they don't, I'll shoot.
The problem is that Trump is again, only being cruel. He's not part of the solution, he's only avoiding responsibility if it fails, he just holds the gun. "If you guys don't solve this for me, it's gonna end badly, bigly, gigady "

It is, if they became legal by giving their information to the government. And they did. Now we know where every 800.000 lives. Rounding them up afterwards is called entrapment.

Btw. These ppl have legit jobs right now.. Anyone got an idea of how much it would costs if they start selling drugs? or start stealing for an income ?

Trump doing the job of a president and referring laws to congress makes him a bad guy?

you have no idea what entrapment means

This post was edited by majorblood on Sep 7 2017 04:33am
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 7 2017 04:30am
Quote (Knaapie @ 7 Sep 2017 12:19)
I'll point a gun to your head... While telling you, I have no intension to shoot.It is congress whom have caused the problem by allowing me to have a gun in the first place. They have half a year to fix it. If they don't, I'll shoot.

Lol? It is Obama's decision to set up DACA by an executive order without consent from Congress that has put this "gun" in Trump's hand.

if government agencies use this information, there will be a public outcry. even if DACA ends up being phased out, I'm 100% sure that they will make a provision not to use the info from DACA application forms to deport them.

if their contribution to the economy and to society is big enough, there will be enough public pressure building up to force congress to pass some sort of new DACA.
but ofc this will only happen if their net contribution is indeed as high as many interest groups are claiming. if dreamers are indeed such valuable members of society, there is nothing to worry about.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 7 2017 04:31am
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 7 2017 04:47am
Quote (ampoo @ 7 Sep 2017 11:25)
oh the good old "they had no choice but to become criminals argument", long time no see
if that really would be case (i dont think so) then that is even more reason to deport them
there is no excuse for becoming a criminal, but as i said before they dont look like a group that will

I'd like to see what you'd do, when put in a foreign country, no way to work.. No way to earn money. Will you survive by begging alone, relying on these natives, or will you become a criminal and steal food ?

Quote (majorblood @ 7 Sep 2017 11:26)
Trump doing the job of a president and referring laws to congress makes him a bad guy?

you have no idea what entrapment means

Yaay, I don't.. Straight from The Wire, seen it way too often, yet it seems to make sense. Reflects my disgust against making ppl illegal. And like Black_X said: I'm just it will create a public outcry if it were to happen.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 7 Sep 2017 11:30)
Lol? It is Obama's decision to set up DACA by an executive order without consent from Congress that has put this "gun" in Trump's hand.

Trump administration and his obsession with Obama... What's wrong with going to congress and saying: make a law ?
Sep 7 2017 04:53am
Quote (Knaapie @ Sep 7 2017 02:47am)
I'd like to see what you'd do, when put in a foreign country, no way to work.. No way to earn money. Will you survive by begging alone, relying on these natives, or will you become a criminal and steal food ?

Yaay, I don't.. Straight from The Wire, seen it way too often, yet it seems to make sense. Reflects my disgust against making ppl illegal. And like Black_X said: I'm just it will create a public outcry if it were to happen.

Trump administration and his obsession with Obama... What's wrong with going to congress and saying: make a law ?

tv shows aren't law

do you think the president can just tell congress what to do and they have to follow?

This post was edited by majorblood on Sep 7 2017 04:54am
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 7 2017 04:55am
Quote (majorblood @ 7 Sep 2017 11:53)
tv shows aren't law

Dude, ofcourse not. Although the wire was pretty close though, and pretty amazing.

Quote (majorblood @ 7 Sep 2017 11:53)
do you think the president can just tell congress what to do and they have to follow?

It how it happens here..

Are you saying Trump does use a "gun" to get what he wants? That would be too close to what I'm saying, right ?

This post was edited by Knaapie on Sep 7 2017 05:04am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 7 2017 05:33am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 7 Sep 2017 10:42)
it was not obamas job or "only option" to give dreamers security. his job was to follow the constitution and execute the will of the american people. the democratic representation of the will of the american people is congress. if congress doesnt come up with something like DACA, this means that the elected representatives of the people cant find a common stance on the issue. therefore, existing and applicable laws would have told what to do. it is NOT the president's job to unilaterally defy the legislative branch and the constitution in such a situation.

funny you should say that because even with trump having emboldened the extreme right, the will of american people - across party lines - goes way beyond what even DACA did for "dreamers":
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/05/poll-trump-deporting-daca-dreamers-242343

you keep ignoring that it was republicans who FILIBUSTERED congress MAJORITIES - this is exactly what you'd describe as "forcing one's hand" - to either stand idly by and do nothing or "defy the legislative branch" (that keeps holding those people hostage for purely political reasons - again, a majority of americans WANTS them to stay) - something presidents from ALL parties have done in such situations.
also, you can't possibly be oblivious to how insanely hypocritical that is coming from the current administration. have you already forgotten trump's complete lack of respect, even disdain for federal judges and congress? unbelievable...

if government agencies use this information, there will be a public outcry.

that's not an argument, there already IS public outcry. trump has proven time and again that he only makes policy for a minority of americans, his base.

illegal immigrants falling back to the status of illegal immigrants... oh what a shocking and cruel thing that would be.

considering we are talking about people that were brought here as kids, have been law abiding and productive members of society that grew up in america and very much consider it their home, i totally agree - not sarcastically like you though...

trump already announced that even if congress decided to let DACA phase out, he would not make dreamers a priority for deportations. but I guess in your worldview, anyone who doesnt follow the ideas of your leftist utopia has "no compassion and love for others".

trump also announced multiple times that he would release his taxes. trump also announced criminals would be a priority to deport yet we've seen a surge of deported law abiding and cherished members of their community. then there is that internal memo you so conveniently ignored, suggesting dreamers should prepare to leave... it's sad that your bias seems to make you gullible enough to actually take his word for it despite all the evidence...

Quote (ampoo @ 7 Sep 2017 10:46)
yeah the attorney general of the united states of america must be a simplistic idiot, while law expert fender is right of course

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attorney-general-sessions-delivers-remarks-daca

"No greater good can be done for the overall health and well-being of our Republic, than preserving and strengthening the impartial rule of law. Societies where the rule of law is treasured are societies that tend to flourish and succeed.

Societies where the rule of law is subject to political whims and personal biases tend to become societies afflicted by corruption, poverty, and human suffering."

please spare us your propaganda and stop to assume to know anything better than an actual expert on the subject

if all you can offer are gross misrepresentations of my arguments and points, you should really just consider not posting at all. at no point did i say jeff sessions was a "simplistic idiot" (your reading comprehension seems to deteriorate immensly when you're triggered) nor did i suggest that i know anything better than him, what i said is that there are many legal experts that reject the claim about DACA being unconstitutional and that this NARRATIVE is simplistic. seriously, learn to read.
what i also suggested is that sessions himself is extremely biased in this highly politicised matter and that he has a pretty clear track record concerning ALL kinds of immigration, so acting like his narratives and opinions on the matter represent an objective legal state or are the only viable ones, is nothing short of ridiculous and dishonest. the only "propaganda" here is you uncritically swallowing the right wing talking points, apparently without having any original thought of your own on the matter, and then regurgitating them here like a brainwashed minion, spewing falsehoods and moronic accusations...

This post was edited by fender on Sep 7 2017 05:35am
Sep 7 2017 06:58am
Quote (Knaapie @ Sep 7 2017 02:55am)
Dude, ofcourse not. Although the wire was pretty close though, and pretty amazing.

It how it happens here..

Are you saying Trump does use a "gun" to get what he wants? That would be too close to what I'm saying, right ?

I think you need to do a lot of research into the American government system before holding opinions about what trump should or shouldn't do
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 7 2017 07:06am
Quote (fender @ 7 Sep 2017 13:33)
funny you should say that because even with trump having emboldened the extreme right, the will of american people - across party lines - goes way beyond what even DACA did for "dreamers":
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/05/poll-trump-deporting-daca-dreamers-242343

you keep ignoring that it was republicans who FILIBUSTERED congress MAJORITIES - this is exactly what you'd describe as "forcing one's hand" - to either stand idly by and do nothing or "defy the legislative branch" (that keeps holding those people hostage for purely political reasons - again, a majority of americans WANTS them to stay) - something presidents from ALL parties have done in such situations.

then they should have gotten rid of the filibuster. until then, the filibuster is part of the american political process.

that's not an argument, there already IS public outcry. trump has proven time and again that he only makes policy for a minority of americans, his base.

whenever trump does anything, there is a one-sided outcry from liberal and progressive activist groups and the liberal media. sometimes, the usual suspects from the cuckservative wing of the republican party like graham, flake and mccain join in.

what I meant was a real outcry that truly reaches across the aisle.

considering we are talking about people that were brought here as kids, have been law abiding and productive members of society that grew up in america and very much consider it their home, i totally agree - not sarcastically like you though...

they would fall back to the status they had before 2012. if that situation is oh so cruel and injust (and congress doesnt act on it for whatever reason), why didnt obama unilaterally launch DACA during the first four years of his presidency? why didnt the immigration-dove bush jr do it, or bill clinton?

prior to obama's DACA order, the issue of the status of the dreamers was considered unsatisfying by many, but it wasnt considered as something that requires immediate action. but now that trump threatens to return to the old status quo, this old status quo is suddenly portrayed as inhuman and unbearable by liberals.

thats not convincing at all and easy to see through. in the paragraph above, you accused republicans in congress of holding the dreamers hostage for their political goals. but if you're honest, you gotta admit that democrats are doing the same thing. they are using the fate of the dreamers, whose issues werent pressing enough to make the unhindered democrat government of 2008-2010 help them, as a weapon to put political pressure and blame on trump.

trump also announced multiple times that he would release his taxes. trump also announced criminals would be a priority to deport yet we've seen a surge of deported law abiding and cherished members of their community. then there is that internal memo you so conveniently ignored, suggesting dreamers should prepare to leave... it's sad that your bias seems to make you gullible enough to actually take his word for it despite all the evidence...

you're mixing things up here. no one said that no dreamer would ever be deported after DACA runs out. what trump said is that they would not be a priority for deportation. nonetheless, as illegal immigrants, they should of course and obviously be prepared to face deportation. thats the fate their parents chose for them by breaking american law.

what I was referring to is something different: the idea that the trump WH could use the information from the DACA application forms to specifically target dreamers. this kind of breach of trust would indeed be a huge injustice, and it would indeed create a huge public, across-the-aisle outcry. therefore, this specific scenario wont happen.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 7 2017 07:08am
Gold: 4,383.11
Sep 7 2017 09:02am
Quote (fender @ 7 Sep 2017 13:33)
the only "propaganda" here is you uncritically swallowing the right wing talking points, apparently without having any original thought of your own on the matter, and then regurgitating them here like a brainwashed minion, spewing falsehoods and moronic accusations...

thats cute from the mainstream media monkey in the forum :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1161718192024Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll