d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump Vs Harris In November...
Prev1161718192025Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 10 2024 08:55am
https://x.com/KamalaHQ/status/1833498995965956191

Trump's VP pick would have tried to overturn the will of the American people in 2020.

Tell me Goom, since Biden dropping out of the primary was so offensive to you, how would this move be for American democracy?

Not a political party primary, literally the election to determine the president, and JD Vance would have gone along with the conspiracy Trump is being charged for.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 10 2024 09:20am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Sep 10 2024 10:46am)
There is no “rigging” it must be hard to be emotionally broken over politics

Not as hard as it must be to watch these debates and NOT be able to see the "rigging" involved.
Gold: 1.69
Sep 10 2024 09:31am
don't care
never paid attention to politics
never will
Gold: 1,978.00
Sep 10 2024 09:54am
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 10 2024 06:53am)
Can you show me where a wealth tax is a current proposal from Kamala's campaign?

No, I can't, because I'm too busy/lazy/tired to go searching the web for shit to post for some rando on D2JSP. If you're claiming that Kamala or her campaign has never called for a wealth tax, then I guess the entire world is mistaken, because it's everywhere. It ain't just me bro, in fact I'm just going off the headlines.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 10 2024 10:05am
Quote (Thebarba @ Sep 10 2024 10:54am)
No, I can't, because I'm too busy/lazy/tired to go searching the web for shit to post for some rando on D2JSP. If you're claiming that Kamala or her campaign has never called for a wealth tax, then I guess the entire world is mistaken, because it's everywhere. It ain't just me bro, in fact I'm just going off the headlines.

presidents dont create new tax policy, the legislature does. a president cant just manifest a wealth tax via executive order.
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 10 2024 10:09am
Quote (IceMage @ 10 Sep 2024 15:53)
Can you show me where a wealth tax is a current proposal from Kamala's campaign?

Even if it were, a wealth tax would need senate support and it's absurd to think, even if Democrats somehow won more than 50 seats in the Senate, that they could pass it, or even that they would want to pass it.

https://kamalaharris.com/issues/
Under the first bullet point "cut taxes for middle class families", it says:

Vice President Harris and Governor Walz [...] will ensure the wealthiest Americans and the largest corporations pay their fair share [...] This includes rolling back Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, enacting a billionaire minimum tax, quadrupling the tax on stock buybacks, and other reforms to ensure the very wealthy are playing by the same rules as the middle class.

Since billionaires make the majority of their money from capital gains, rather than from conventional income, and have plenty of opportunity to shuffle around and optimize their revenue streams, a "billionaire minimum tax" would necessarily imply one of two things: either a wealth tax, or a tax on unrealized capital gains.

Quote (IceMage @ 10 Sep 2024 16:55)
https://x.com/KamalaHQ/status/1833498995965956191

Trump's VP pick would have tried to overturn the will of the American people in 2020.

Vance isn't saying that he would have certified Trump's electors, just that he would have stopped the certification process until the legal battles over the contested states were settled. As we know with the benefit of hindsight, Biden comfortably won all those battles, so in reality, Vance's proposal would only have delayed the process by a week or two.

This would, of course, have weakened Biden by casting a shadow of doubt and illegitimacy over his presidency and sapping his political capital, based on bogus charges. In other words: the exact same thing that Democrats did to Trump with the Russiagate hoax.
Gold: 0.85
Sep 10 2024 10:10am
Quote (Thebarba @ Sep 10 2024 11:54am)

That's what most npcs living on this planet does and that's why were in the situations we're in right now on the whole continent. Ain't targeting you specifically but talking in general.

Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 10 2024 12:37pm
Every time I open my webmail, there's an AD at the top.

It asks me to donate to the Harris Victory Fund - before the debate. LOL

/e 6.5 hours till Trump annihilates Harris. :-)

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 10 2024 12:39pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 10 2024 06:03pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 10 2024 12:09pm)
Vance isn't saying that he would have certified Trump's electors, just that he would have stopped the certification process until the legal battles over the contested states were settled. As we know with the benefit of hindsight, Biden comfortably won all those battles, so in reality, Vance's proposal would only have delayed the process by a week or two.

This would, of course, have weakened Biden by casting a shadow of doubt and illegitimacy over his presidency and sapping his political capital, based on bogus charges. In other words: the exact same thing that Democrats did to Trump with the Russiagate hoax.

This is completely insane, and I'm honestly surprised you are saying this.

The American people vote, the states send the slates of electors, and the VP has a ceremonial role in presiding over the counting on January 6th. The fact that you support JD Vance's position of obstructing this process is nuts. The idea that spurious legal battles should delay this Constitutional process because of insane conspiracy theories... I don't even know what the fuck we're talking about anymore.

Can we get back to a world where policies are debated? Cause this is not it.

This post was edited by IceMage on Sep 10 2024 06:03pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 10 2024 06:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 10 2024 07:03pm)
Can we get back to a world where policies are debated? Cause this is not it.

Quote (IceMage @ Sep 10 2024 09:28am)
So many policy wonks in the voter base, going to be hard to overcome this.

I mean, can we? I'm not sure if Kamala is running the most policy-adverse campaign in US history because 2020 was a pretty terrible election too, but she's sure trying.
We're 50 some days out from the election and Kamala is waffling between trying to take credit for the positions she staked as VP, trying to disavow the positions she staked as VP, and copying Trump's positions.
And pretty much the one single policy proposal she's made that breaks the mold is... a tax on unrealized gains. The one you didn't believe and thought was absurd.

I'm making a conscious effort to try to learn what Kamala stands for, research her platform and see if she holds any consistent beliefs and the only position I can find she held is horizontal
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1161718192025Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll