d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1166167168169170173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Jun 1 2019 11:57am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (ofthevoid @ 31 May 2019 20:18)
Your English comprehension is lacking. The 'damning' is referring to the FBI's conduct.

yeah that user is just another example of wasted lefty privilege. can’t read or spell lmfao

Quote (IceMage @ 31 May 2019 19:44)
I thought the Democrat worries were almost entirely misplaced. I was wrong. He's basically an average Fox News viewer

yeah we know you swallow the (D) messaging without question. “Anyone i dont like is a faux news viewer” lmao you’re just another waste of lefty privilege, pathetic..
Quote (IceMage @ 31 May 2019 19:44)
1. Yes, the texts are bad. But they don't exist in a vacuum. Trump was an incredibly mean and vulgar candidate, willing to insult war heros and gold star families.

yeah boohoo he insulted people back who insulted and lashed at him and his supporters unprovoked first. rest of your rage essay is laughably misplaced as usual

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 1 2019 11:58am
Jun 1 2019 12:00pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 1 Jun 2019 13:46)
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/06/01/robert-mueller-purposely-edited-phone-call-trumps-legal-team-make-seem-like-obstruction-justice/

https://i.imgur.com/O9UF9xm.jpg

The Mueller Report selectively edited the call from John Dowd to Flynn's lawyer, conspicuously dropping just a few sentences- the one where he specifies that Dowd wanted a heads up “not only for the president, but for the country” and wasn’t asking for “any confidential information”
This is pretty troubling.

Why would Mueller's team take Dowd's quote out of context and remove the two exculpatory lines, leaving a false impression that it could be considered obstruction?
This reeks of Andrew Weissmann. Dowd specifically cautioned his request twice to make it clear he wasn't asking for anything improper, and Mueller simply chopped out those two lines.
The report was 400+ pages long, why are two lines excluded?

not surprised
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 1 2019 01:04pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 1 2019 12:00pm)
not surprised

I am. In a report that exhaustive and under so much deliberation, trying to get away with cheap editing tricks seems very blatant. Did they figure nobody would see the transcript and be able to note the missing lines?
only the presence of Andrew "Yellow Highlighter" Weissmann on the team makes that understandable
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 1 2019 03:16pm
i noticed goom post a portion of this, but i didn't notice a full transcript listed.
i'll list it since CBS isn't playing the full interview on their YT channel.

https://www.newstalkz.com/2019/05/31/william-barr-interview-read-the-full-transcript/
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 1 2019 04:02pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 1 2019 02:04pm)
I am. In a report that exhaustive and under so much deliberation, trying to get away with cheap editing tricks seems very blatant. Did they figure nobody would see the transcript and be able to note the missing lines?
only the presence of Andrew "Yellow Highlighter" Weissmann on the team makes that understandable

Essentially everyone who watches it believes it

Some people still believe their fake debunk attempt for the planned parenthood videos
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 2 2019 07:53pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 1 2019 12:46pm)

For context, this is a voicemail from Dowd after Flynn withdrew from the Joint Defense Agreement, and after Flynn's lawyers informed Dowd that Flynn couldn't have confidential communications with the White House or President.

What national security issue is Dowd talking about? Lol... it seems like an obvious pretext to improperly receive information. Cutting out some of the text seems unnecessary, but I don't see how anyone can read Dowd's voicemail as anything but an attempt to get Flynn to provide information that would benefit the president.

Also for context, Flynn's lawyers called Dowd back and reiterated that they couldn't have confidential communications with him or Trump, and Dowd was "indignant and vocal in his disagreement". Swampy lawyer is swampy.

Quote (excellence @ Jun 1 2019 12:57pm)
yeah boohoo he insulted people back who insulted and lashed at him and his supporters unprovoked first. rest of your rage essay is laughably misplaced as usual

It's funny how Trump cultists have to treat him like a toddler to justify his ridiculous behavior. But I'm glad we can both agree he's a complete embarrassment to himself and the country.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jun 2 2019 07:53pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 2 2019 07:56pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 2 2019 08:53pm)
For context, this is a voicemail from Dowd after Flynn withdrew from the Joint Defense Agreement, and after Flynn's lawyers informed Dowd that Flynn couldn't have confidential communications with the White House or President.

What national security issue is Dowd talking about? Lol... it seems like an obvious pretext to improperly receive information. Cutting out some of the text seems unnecessary, but I don't see how anyone can read Dowd's voicemail as anything but an attempt to get Flynn to provide information that would benefit the president.

Also for context, Flynn's lawyers called Dowd back and reiterated that they couldn't have confidential communications with him or Trump, and Dowd was "indignant and vocal in his disagreement". Swampy lawyer is swampy.

It's funny how Trump cultists have to treat him like a toddler to justify his ridiculous behavior. But I'm glad we can both agree he's a complete embarrassment to himself and the country.

Loretta Lynch, Comey, and now Mueller Lite take the cake for that after their whole story came out.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 2 2019 09:02pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 2 2019 07:53pm)

Seems like a pretty dang relevant bit of text that they edited out, where he specifies 'not' confidential information.

Same national security issue I've been harping on about for years: That it was sensitive diplomacy during a slapfight between the incoming and outgoing administrations and thus involved high level national security with Russia.
Mueller's team and the DoJ in general aren't able to interfere in diplomatic or intelligence concerns. They don't have the excuse of legitimacy a president-elect has, its simply not their area to begin with.
We've had 2 years of strained relations with Russia that have chalked up largely to the Mueller probe and democrats screeching about collusion, its not hard to see how our national security has been affected

Its pretty abundantly clear that Flynn was operating on behalf of Trump, almost certainly with his authorization given that they've never really denied that, have they? The degree to which Flynn was going to talk about the back channel to Russia and Trump's involvement could jeopardize a lot more than any preposterously frivolous Logan Act theories. The legal and ethical cases were in grey areas, the effects on our national security and public discourse were black and white- having the DoJ open that can of words could only make things worse.
Jun 3 2019 06:53am
Quote (IceMage @ 2 Jun 2019 21:53)

we get it you have a life filled with shame and regret for voting for losers unable to beat drumpf and then believing mueller would “get drumpf this time” so you misinterpret people’s posts on purpose.

it really is a good thing you ducked your own bet like a coward, feel free to report more of my posts too you sissie privileged lefty :rofl:
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 3 2019 07:04am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 2 2019 10:02pm)
Seems like a pretty dang relevant bit of text that they edited out, where he specifies 'not' confidential information.

Same national security issue I've been harping on about for years: That it was sensitive diplomacy during a slapfight between the incoming and outgoing administrations and thus involved high level national security with Russia.
Mueller's team and the DoJ in general aren't able to interfere in diplomatic or intelligence concerns. They don't have the excuse of legitimacy a president-elect has, its simply not their area to begin with.
We've had 2 years of strained relations with Russia that have chalked up largely to the Mueller probe and democrats screeching about collusion, its not hard to see how our national security has been affected

Its pretty abundantly clear that Flynn was operating on behalf of Trump, almost certainly with his authorization given that they've never really denied that, have they? The degree to which Flynn was going to talk about the back channel to Russia and Trump's involvement could jeopardize a lot more than any preposterously frivolous Logan Act theories. The legal and ethical cases were in grey areas, the effects on our national security and public discourse were black and white- having the DoJ open that can of words could only make things worse.

It is relevant, but I'm having trouble seeing the hypothetical scenario where Flynn is communicating nonconfidential information that has national security implications. If Trump directed Flynn to reachout to Russia on sanctions during the transition, which Mueller couldn't establish, then Trump already knew it. Why would they need a heads up? Are they making the assumption that Flynn would be lying to Mueller's team?

It seems to me to be an obvious attempt to get their stories straight, which is improper, regardless of whether Dowd threw some half-hearted lawyerly disclaimers in.

Quote (excellence @ Jun 3 2019 07:53am)
we get it you have a life filled with shame and regret for voting for losers unable to beat drumpf and then believing mueller would “get drumpf this time” so you misinterpret people’s posts on purpose.

it really is a good thing you ducked your own bet like a coward, feel free to report more of my posts too you sissie privileged lefty :rofl:

That bet really triggered you. If you weren't such a coward you'd have gotten some FG from me. :thumbsup:

This post was edited by IceMage on Jun 3 2019 07:10am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1166167168169170173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll