d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1166167168169170443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 25 2018 09:25am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 25 2018 09:23am)
to me, it doesnt look like MA wants to work as a lawyer any longer anyway - imho, he's trying to get into politics or the media, with a talk show on CNN or something like that.

Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 25 2018 09:15am)
I can see the Promo for his new CNN show now: "Bad boy former lawyer, willing to lay it all on the line in search of the Truth." Nike Kaepernick "sacrifice everything" ad unironically plays.

agreed :) :thumbsup:
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 25 2018 09:27am
Quote (thesnipa @ 25 Sep 2018 17:25)
agreed :) :thumbsup:

He could become the liberal counterpart to Sean Hannity.
Sep 25 2018 09:31am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 25 2018 09:27am)

100%, and where hannity get's a "credibility" bump for knowing and talking with Trump, MA has the "i sued trump and know his accusers" angle to constantly play up.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 25 2018 09:36am

2 hours old from FoxNews. Seems Ford doesn't want outside attorneys now...

Bromwich specifically raised concerns with an email from Davis that apparently suggested an outside counsel would question Ford.

“This hearing plan that Mr. Davis described does not appear designed to provide Dr. Blasey Ford with fair and respectful treatment,” Bromwich wrote. “In our view, the hiring of an unnamed ‘experienced sex crimes prosecutor,’ as Mr. Davis described in his email, is contrary to the Majority’s repeated emphasis on the need for the Senate and this Committee’s members to fulfill their constitutional obligations.”

He added: “It is also inconsistent with your stated wish to avoid a ‘circus,’ as well as Dr. Blasey Ford’s requests through counsel that senators conduct the questioning. This is not a criminal trial for which the involvement of an experienced sex crimes prosecutor would be appropriate.”

He went on to request the prosecutor's resume "immediately" and asked to meet with her Tuesday.

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 25 2018 09:37am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 25 2018 11:21am)
brietbart is shit but you're looking at it in a silly way. MA shouldn't have come forward before confirming that's what his clients want. He jumped the gun on standard procedure. Then later said that it's up to the women. which is him blaming them for not coming forward to honor the "drop" he made before he was supposed to. as Goom says, that's potentially ground for disbarment. by saying it's up to the women to come forward he's pre-blaming them for expectations of his announcement not being met. he should have stfu until the second they consented to come forward, at least with a story if not the full monty.

you realize of course how serious disbarment is, right?

I don't see Avenatti walking back his statement about the woman going public as blaming any women... was he wrong to give a timeline? sure, probably, but not sure what's wrong about that statement??!? He didn't say, "hey, if she doesn't come forward it's her fault"

Quote (Avenatti)
Let me be clear: We will disclose the client’s name and accusations only when SHE is ready and we have adequate security measures in place. And not a moment before that,” Avenatti tweeted. “It is her choice and hers alone as to when to surface bc it is her life. We expect it within the next 36 hrs.”

& yes, I know what disbarment is, i've watched better call saul.
Sep 25 2018 09:38am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 25 2018 11:27am)

good, we need some propaganda on the left to counter Fox news' primetime state run media/propaganda.

Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 25 2018 09:39am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 25 2018 11:37am)
I don't see Avenatti walking back his statement about the woman going public as blaming any women... was he wrong to give a timeline? sure, probably, but not sure what's wrong about that statement??!? He didn't say, "hey, if she doesn't come forward it's her fault"

The problem is an attorney accusing a sitting judge of gang rape with no immediate proof to offer.

Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 25 2018 09:39am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 25 2018 09:56am)
well you're missing the point

since Ted himself showed it as one of his weaknesses in the Fox interview

No lol....

Ted's looks vs' Beto's may be a "weakness" to Ted Cruz in a sense that people generally gravitate towards the better looking person at the base level.

Ted doesn't give a shit. He brought that up to point out the elephant in the room. Yes, Ted Cruz looks like a used catchers glove, and Beto is a normal looking guy. Hardly a weakness to point out the obvious. He's addressing the situation and making it a strength. "this guy looks like the the typical democrat - tall, good looks, nice teeth NO SUBSTANCE"

I'm sorry that went over your head. Ted's a pretty smart guy, albeit a serial killer.
Sep 25 2018 09:40am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 25 2018 11:39am)
The problem is an attorney accusing a sitting judge of gang rape with no immediate proof to offer.

yes. I know that's a problem. I'm merely pointing out Breitbart's insincere reporting which is no better than the New Yorker or NYT. Avenatti's not blaming anyone.
Sep 25 2018 09:42am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 25 2018 09:37am)

you're confused here. it is way out of line for a lawyer to announce someone's accusation BEFORE the person commits to coming forward. He's blaming her indirectly for the buzz of his announcement not being met.

The article even said "where he appears to be blaming", leaving open plenty of interpretation. he appears to be blaming the women (who apparently decided not to go public) for his deadline not being met. its pretty cut and dry. you're just overvaluing words like "blame" with regards to "women" who are "victims" because you're a "biased hack with an agenda that he for some reason thinks applies to discounting brietbart articles".

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 25 2018 09:42am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1166167168169170443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll