d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1165166167168169443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 25 2018 08:56am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 25 2018 08:49am)
Very good point. I'm not saying the wacko's on the far right are any better when they engage in this type of behavior. It makes sense that (D) is engaging in this more of late as they're the losing bunch right now.

This is just me personally, but i think when a politician is out to dinner with family/friends they should be off limits. Harass away when they're on the clock - don't fuck with them off the clock.

Before the shill's come in - i think this should extend to ANY politician regardless of their party or positions. I'd have the same disgusted reaction if Comrade Barnie Sanders and his equally privileged wife were out to eat and some stupid right wingers decided to harass him.

agreed entirely. i think we as a society should just do way with this harass-for-attention shit. we all know that if you treat someone shitty it will get attention. but it's, as you correctly pointed out, generally not good for one's own cause. no one's donating for BLM because they got stuck in traffic. no one's going to hate cruz because you interrupted his dinner. no one's going to not get an abortion, if anything they'll just pull their hood up or reschedule the appt. im not gonna get converted by some whacko with a sign on campus. its antithetical to success. but it does get press. i think in the long run we'll see people have so little success that the harassment will kind of fix itself. not where it will stop ,but when you are the one being harassed you'll feel a bit bad for them and recognize they're making themselves look silly. we're already there with westboro baptists, BLM would do well to not follow the same path, but they will. or at least their most fervent will lead the flock in that direction often enough that they remain a joke of an organization generally. it's a shame i'm not black, they've forgotten how to win, i could show them the way.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 25 2018 08:56am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 25 2018 07:54am)
We will never know. I don't think that chapped Cruz in the slightest. I have a hard time thinking that the 47 year old Ted Cruz cares about how some 20 something misguided liberal views his appearance.

well you're missing the point

since Ted himself showed it as one of his weaknesses in the Fox interview
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 25 2018 09:02am
Quote (djman72 @ 25 Sep 2018 16:54)
We will never know. I don't think that chapped Cruz in the slightest. I have a hard time thinking that the 47 year old Ted Cruz cares about how some 20 something misguided liberal views his appearance.

they made a tactical mistake by attacking Cruz in this fashion, with no substance behind it - and Cruz is trying his best to exploit it for political gain. does the man even have humanly feelings that could be hurt?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 25 2018 09:05am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 25 2018 11:02am)
they made a tactical mistake by attacking Cruz in this fashion, with no substance behind it - and Cruz is trying his best to exploit it for political gain. does the man even have humanly feelings that could be hurt?

no
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 25 2018 09:12am
https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/25/michael-avenatti-locks-twitter-public-profile-after-admitting-kavanaugh-accuser-might-not-come-forward/

Michael Avenatti has accused a sitting judge of lying, and called him a gang rapist. The ABA's rules are kind of prickly about that, at least in every state but California, so there's a question of whether this results in his disbarment when the dust is settled
Sep 25 2018 09:15am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 25 2018 09:12am)
https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/25/michael-avenatti-locks-twitter-public-profile-after-admitting-kavanaugh-accuser-might-not-come-forward/

Michael Avenatti has accused a sitting judge of lying, and called him a gang rapist. The ABA's rules are kind of prickly about that, at least in every state but California, so there's a question of whether this results in his disbarment when the dust is settled

I can see the Promo for his new CNN show now: "Bad boy former lawyer, willing to lay it all on the line in search of the Truth." Nike Kaepernick "sacrifice everything" ad unironically plays.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 25 2018 09:16am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 25 2018 11:12am)
[URL=https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/25/michael-avenatti-locks-twitter-public-profile-after-admitting-kavanaugh-accuser-might-not-come-forward/]https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/25/michael-avenatti-locks-twitter-public-profile-after-admitting-kavanaugh-accuser-might-not-come-forward/[/URL]

where does Avenatti blame the woman??!?!
Quote (Breitbart)

where he appears to be blaming the woman if he does not deliver what he promised,

extremely disingenuous reporting by Breitbart, they're no better than the outlets you criticize...
Sep 25 2018 09:21am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 25 2018 09:16am)
where does Avenatti blame the woman??!?!

extremely disingenuous reporting by Breitbart, they're no better than the outlets you criticize...

brietbart is shit but you're looking at it in a silly way. MA shouldn't have come forward before confirming that's what his clients want. He jumped the gun on standard procedure. Then later said that it's up to the women. which is him blaming them for not coming forward to honor the "drop" he made before he was supposed to. as Goom says, that's potentially ground for disbarment. by saying it's up to the women to come forward he's pre-blaming them for expectations of his announcement not being met. he should have stfu until the second they consented to come forward, at least with a story if not the full monty.

you realize of course how serious disbarment is, right?

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 25 2018 09:22am
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 25 2018 09:23am

he blocks his twitter on and off

I find it pretty disturbing a lawyer involved (in some capacity for some unknown reason in every thing around Trump) is throwing around gangrapist without damning evidence shown at the same time

no honeydicking with serious accusations like that

It's an absolute injustice to suggest anyone was involved in that without submitting the evidence as soon as you make the accusation as a figure like Avenatti

Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 25 2018 09:23am
Quote (thesnipa @ 25 Sep 2018 17:21)
brietbart is shit but you're looking at it in a silly way. MA shouldn't have come forward before confirming that's what his clients want. He jumped the gun on standard procedure. Then later said that it's up to the women. which is him blaming them for not coming forward to honor the "drop" he made before he was supposed to. as Goom says, that's potentially ground for disbarment. by saying it's up to the women to come forward he's pre-blaming them for expectations of his announcement not being met. he should have stfu until the second the consented to come forward, at least with a story if not the full monty.

you realize of course how serious disbarment is, right?

to me, it doesnt look like MA wants to work as a lawyer any longer anyway - imho, he's trying to get into politics or the media, with a talk show on CNN or something like that.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 25 2018 09:24am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1165166167168169443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll