d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1165116521653165416553169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 26 2018 03:01pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Jan 26 2018 02:53pm)
Because the Clinton campaign was completely incompetent, you mean? Yes, that is the reason.
Maybe if the campaign had focused on things that actually matter instead of transgender bathrooms, she wouldn't have lost to the worst candidate in history.

Focused on what things, her policy platform? Her policy platform was terrible, the last thing she wanted to do was make the election into a policy vs policy race, she'd lose that even harder.
Both her platform and the democratic platform at large was unpopular on issues like immigration, the economy, trade, national security, social issues, taxes, etc.
Her incompetence wasn't in choosing to run a smear campaign instead of focus on the issues, it was in only reading the first line of karl rove's book and skipping over the rest
If she had run a policy campaign she would have lost. If she had run a smear campaign targeting Trump's strengths, she would have won. Instead she attacked his weaknesses, and lost.

Hillary Clinton was not completely incompetent, she was completely arrogant, and just incompetent enough to make the pride go before the fall
Gold: 2.70
Jan 26 2018 03:49pm
haha, no surprise that hillary shielded an accused sexual harasser on her campaign
Gold: 152.00
Jan 26 2018 03:51pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 26 2018 04:01pm)
Focused on what things, her policy platform? Her policy platform was terrible, the last thing she wanted to do was make the election into a policy vs policy race, she'd lose that even harder.
Both her platform and the democratic platform at large was unpopular on issues like immigration, the economy, trade, national security, social issues, taxes, etc.
Her incompetence wasn't in choosing to run a smear campaign instead of focus on the issues, it was in only reading the first line of karl rove's book and skipping over the rest
If she had run a policy campaign she would have lost. If she had run a smear campaign targeting Trump's strengths, she would have won. Instead she attacked his weaknesses, and lost.

Pro-free trade would've been a start. I think possibly even enough alone. I think a huge portion of the moderates who went Trump's way did so because of the constant focus on identity politics. The interest in identity politics is much smaller than it appears to be on the internet IMO. Anecdotally the vast majority of people I've talked to who voted Trump were annoyed by this avoidance of important issues in favor of nonsense.

Most of her other positions were politically fine.

Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 26 2018 04:01pm)
Hillary Clinton was not completely incompetent, she was completely arrogant, and just incompetent enough to make the pride go before the fall

That is very true.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Jan 26 2018 03:51pm
Gold: 285.00
Jan 26 2018 03:59pm
Quote (Warlock316 @ Jan 26 2018 04:49pm)
haha, no surprise that hillary shielded an accused sexual harasser on her campaign

She stayed married to one.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jan 26 2018 04:18pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 26 2018 01:13pm)
are you saying that monothought is automatically removed by increasing the racial or gender diversity of a team? like... if google hires a black or hispanic programmer, do you think that this increases their way of thinking - because a black programmer must be thinking differently from a white or asian one?! same with a female programmer.

if that's what you're saying, thats actually quite racist/sexist! :rofl:

You got that right. New folks may have better ideas or as yet untried ideas.

Doesn't matter what race they are though. Hiring someone with new ideas is a good thing. Hiring a minority expecting to get new ideas just because they're a minority, is just plain stupid.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 26 2018 04:21pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Jan 26 2018 03:51pm)
Pro-free trade would've been a start. I think possibly even enough alone. I think a huge portion of the moderates who went Trump's way did so because of the constant focus on identity politics. The interest in identity politics is much smaller than it appears to be on the internet IMO. Anecdotally the vast majority of people I've talked to who voted Trump were annoyed by this avoidance of important issues in favor of nonsense.

Most of her other positions were politically fine.

Free trade was unpopular. The people who are against it are fervent, the people who are for it are ambivalent.
If Hillary ran an economic policy campaign, Trump would say she's shipping jobs overseas and he's bringing them back. Even with the hatred the democrats drummed up against Trump to the point where pollsters could get 50% of americans to say they think Trump is a cannibal- just because they'd automatically answer whatever they perceive as the most antitrump option- they still granted a huge edge to Trump on the economy over Hillary. It was by far his biggest strength.

Now, as Karl Rove showed, you can defeat Trump by attacking the strength. But not by meeting it head-on with an argument, by subverting it and pulling the rug out from under it. John Kerry got swift boated, not asked respectfully by debate moderators to share his 'nam experiences and let the people decide. If Hillary's campaign wasn't run by morons, the answer was to cast Trump as an inept businessman and an elitist unrelatable snob, someone who didn't know how to run a company let alone an economy, and achieve that by whatever underhanded means necessary. They even showed a little inkling of it with attempts to exploit his bankruptcies, but let him play it off as a pragmatic business move to exploit the system.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jan 26 2018 11:23pm
Quote (Ghot @ 26 Jan 2018 23:18)
You got that right. New folks may have better ideas or as yet untried ideas.

Doesn't matter what race they are though. Hiring someone with new ideas is a good thing. Hiring a minority expecting to get new ideas just because they're a minority, is just plain stupid.

Exactly what I meant, thank you!

Gold: 2,617.52
Jan 27 2018 08:12am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 26 2018 05:59pm)
She stayed married to one.

Champion of womens rights, huh?
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 27 2018 08:42am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 26 2018 02:08pm)
I was saying at the time when that story was being pushed that Trump had just committed the worst act of his presidency and the first truly objectionable thing he's done, and yet, it was being overshadowed in the media by some other fake news story or hysteria at the time, I don't even remember what it was, I think it might have been the fake news about flynn flipping on Trump, because everyone was so bent out of whack they were chasing russiaburger nonsense instead of hammering Trump for posting that terrible stuff. They've invented such a farcical boogeyman in their characterization of Trump that this actual real wrongs have gotten a free pass. And it was pretty uncharacteristic, he doesn't post stormfront stuff on a daily basis, so he was probably demonstrating dumbassery and/or senility with those retweets, if he actually knew who britain first was, he'd know how stupid it was to retweet them.

I want you to maintain this standard with our next Democratic president, Trumpshill.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jan 27 2018 11:28am
german state TV artificially ramped up the boos in a report about trumps speech in davos, while their reporters aggressively critized trump for talking about "fake news" and "unfair media":

https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article172917293/ARD-Nachrichtensendung-Tagesschau-drehte-Buhrufe-fuer-Trump-etwas-lauter.html

sad.
so SAD!

:rofl: :wallbash:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1165116521653165416553169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll