d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1164165166167168443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 202.37
Sep 25 2018 06:57am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 25 2018 07:08am)

The NYT is getting pissy that they passed on the story, but it really is terrible journalism.
Gold: 2,009.99
Sep 25 2018 06:57am
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Sep 25 2018 03:02am)
TED CRUZ CHASED FROM DC RESTAURANT BY SCREAMING KAVANAUGH PROTESTERS - His Wife Harassed During Exit (VIDEO)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/ted-cruz-chased-from-dc-restaurant-by-screaming-kavanaugh-protesters-his-wife-harassed-during-exit-video/

The left is unhinged. Are they going to start shooting politicians again ?
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 25 2018 07:41am
Quote (fender @ Sep 25 2018 07:16am)
to do what? arrest people for free speech against politicians you support? you right wingers really love your fascist ideas, don't you?

We generally think people shouldn't be harassed at dinner, yes. Not sure how you do it at the dinner table with your family......

These people are misguided and are hurting their cause. I guarantee everyone in that restaurant is now more fond of Ted Cruz than they were before. No one deserves to be chased out of a restaurant while enjoying a meal with their family. He walked out with a calm demeanor and grace. Unlike the twat's screaming at him and saying Beto is better looking. Kinda funny, I thought the liberals were tolerant when it comes to appearance?

Why are deranged lefties seemingly the only ones who think this time of behavior is okay? Protesting and free speech is encouraged, but they're going above and beyond to harass.

No wonder you enjoyed this Fenderp - anger makes you tingle.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 25 2018 08:34am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 25 2018 07:41am)
We generally think people shouldn't be harassed at dinner, yes. Not sure how you do it at the dinner table with your family......

These people are misguided and are hurting their cause. I guarantee everyone in that restaurant is now more fond of Ted Cruz than they were before. No one deserves to be chased out of a restaurant while enjoying a meal with their family. He walked out with a calm demeanor and grace. Unlike the twat's screaming at him and saying Beto is better looking. Kinda funny, I thought the liberals were tolerant when it comes to appearance?

Why are deranged lefties seemingly the only ones who think this time of behavior is okay? Protesting and free speech is encouraged, but they're going above and beyond to harass.

the only caveat i'd add is that both far ends of the political spectrum engage in this behavior. We can generalize it as society disrupting behavior.

While the left tends lean towards large group efforts like traffic blocking, and smaller group like this attack on Cruz. The issue we have lately is it's embraced by their political leaders, Maxine Waters to name one.

The right tends to do it in more organized fashion with picketing. Whether it be protesting outside of abortion clinics, mosques, etc. Or westboro baptist church protesting just about everything. I'm sure many college students have felt as odd as Cruz did when walking to class just to be singled out by some whacko with a sign because you're wearing a band t-shirt that has some devil symbol you weren't even aware of. and im sure some women who in their moment of greatest shame somehow find a deeper place than Cruz felt when they're confronted with a picket line at the abortion clinic. it cuts both ways, in an absolute sense, but the left seems determined to ramp up this type of behavior or at least silently accept it. as compared to the right which generally disavows such childish behavior.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 25 2018 08:47am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 25 2018 06:41am)

“Their favorite adjective is Kennedyesque,” Cruz said. “They all talk about his hair and his teeth, they talk about no substance, nothing about his record, they don’t talk about his being open to abolishing [Immigration and Customs Enforcement], they don’t talk about his wanting to impeach the president.”

that's probably in reference to Cruz bitching on Fox news a week and a half ago about being less attractive
Sep 25 2018 08:49am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 25 2018 09:34am)
the only caveat i'd add is that both far ends of the political spectrum engage in this behavior. We can generalize it as society disrupting behavior.

While the left tends lean towards large group efforts like traffic blocking, and smaller group like this attack on Cruz. The issue we have lately is it's embraced by their political leaders, Maxine Waters to name one.

The right tends to do it in more organized fashion with picketing. Whether it be protesting outside of abortion clinics, mosques, etc. Or westboro baptist church protesting just about everything. I'm sure many college students have felt as odd as Cruz did when walking to class just to be singled out by some whacko with a sign because you're wearing a band t-shirt that has some devil symbol you weren't even aware of. and im sure some women who in their moment of greatest shame somehow find a deeper place than Cruz felt when they're confronted with a picket line at the abortion clinic. it cuts both ways, in an absolute sense, but the left seems determined to ramp up this type of behavior or at least silently accept it. as compared to the right which generally disavows such childish behavior.

Very good point. I'm not saying the wacko's on the far right are any better when they engage in this type of behavior. It makes sense that (D) is engaging in this more of late as they're the losing bunch right now.

This is just me personally, but i think when a politician is out to dinner with family/friends they should be off limits. Harass away when they're on the clock - don't fuck with them off the clock.

Before the shill's come in - i think this should extend to ANY politician regardless of their party or positions. I'd have the same disgusted reaction if Comrade Barnie Sanders and his equally privileged wife were out to eat and some stupid right wingers decided to harass him.
Sep 25 2018 08:51am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 25 2018 09:47am)
that's probably in reference to Cruz bitching on Fox news a week and a half ago about being less attractive

or it's not that complex - I don't think these shrieking twats are that nuanced. I'd bet money that idiot was making a general comment about appearance in a shallow manner.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 25 2018 08:52am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 25 2018 07:51am)
or it's not that complex - I don't think these shrieking twats are that nuanced. I'd bet money that idiot was making a general comment about appearance in a shallow manner.

could be

or could be someone saw it on the lefty sites and realized it's an easy way to get under his skin when it's already documented on his mind

Sep 25 2018 08:54am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 25 2018 09:52am)
could be

or could be someone saw it on the lefty sites and realized it's an easy way to get under his skin when it's already documented on his mind

We will never know. I don't think that chapped Cruz in the slightest. I have a hard time thinking that the 47 year old Ted Cruz cares about how some 20 something misguided liberal views his appearance.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 25 2018 08:55am
Quote (fender @ Sep 25 2018 08:16am)
to do what? arrest people for free speech against politicians you support? you right wingers really love your fascist ideas, don't you?

Going into a restaurant where people are eating and doing that is not free speech, it's plain old harassment.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1164165166167168443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll