d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1163164165166167173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
May 31 2019 11:16am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 31 2019 11:01am)
welcome to the law.

every proper legal proceeding ever is complicated as fuck. what do you want, a 3 sentence answer on how to potentially handle every POSSIBLE criminal act by a potus?

I'm cool with everybody pulling a Goomshill on this question tbh.
Gold: 2,504.69
May 31 2019 11:23am
Quote (IceMage @ May 31 2019 11:16am)
I'm cool with everybody pulling a Goomshill on this question tbh.

if i had my way the impeachment process would include a pre-impeachment vote. similar to a grand jury, like as soon as the talk starts, to shut down the politicization of the process. to at least gauge the chance that it actually will find something and potentially oust the POTUS. rather than it just being congressional leadership's open ended threat.

impeachment is as much a form of democracy as it is due process. which is something the democrats wont touch. they keep acting like this is about justice and the law. it's not, that's maybe half of it, and the other half is just a pure referendum on Trump's character, just like with Clinton and the perjury gotcha moment.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 31 2019 11:23am
Gold: 8,034.70
Warn: 10%
May 31 2019 11:33am
Quote (bogie160 @ 31 May 2019 11:55)
The Democratic party has become completely unhinged by the fact that they turned off Catholic and white voters with their extreme stances on abortion, culture, and racial policy (reparations lol).

Is this not a moot point?

So their stance on abortion is what it is, some idiots see it as part of the identity of ones political spectrum althoguh this simply isn't true.. But as it is in a spectrum of opinion that means that they would be gaining umpteen votes from the numerous decisions you are saying are pushing voters to republicans, except it be on the numerous things that cause voters to sway away from a republican agenda.

I.E If Dems lose votes by switching in their offical pioltiical stance on an issue, then they would also be gaining supporters for that exact reason.

Also, it was the republicans that are banning abortion even if the person is raped. Not Dems
Gold: 226.37
May 31 2019 11:39am
Quote (Phaggot @ May 31 2019 12:33pm)
Is this not a moot point?

So their stance on abortion is what it is, some idiots see it as part of the identity of ones political spectrum althoguh this simply isn't true.. But as it is in a spectrum of opinion that means that they would be gaining umpteen votes from the numerous decisions you are saying are pushing voters to republicans, except it be on the numerous things that cause voters to sway away from a republican agenda.

I.E If Dems lose votes by switching in their offical pioltiical stance on an issue, then they would also be gaining supporters for that exact reason.

Also, it was the republicans that are banning abortion even if the person is raped. Not Dems

And Democrats want to murder children born alive. A strong majority of Americans oppose abortion in the 3rd trimester, whereas nearly every Democrat supports it. We've gone from Bill's "safe, legal, rare" rhetoric to glorifying the killing infants well after they're viable, up and to including after birth.

To your point, I don't think that they need to worry about losing left wing votes, although fear of being ousted by a primary challenger is definitely part of the problem.

This post was edited by bogie160 on May 31 2019 11:39am
Gold: 28,296.75
May 31 2019 11:41am
Quote (bogie160 @ May 31 2019 10:39am)
And Democrats want to murder children born alive. A strong majority of Americans oppose abortion in the 3rd trimester, whereas nearly every Democrat supports it. We've gone from Bill's "safe, legal, rare" rhetoric to killing infants well after they're viable, up and to including after birth.

To your point, I don't think that they need to worry about losing left wing votes, although fear of being ousted by a primary challenger is definitely part of the problem.

Gold: 10,485.00
May 31 2019 11:42am
Quote (IceMage @ May 31 2019 09:30am)
I'm curious... how do people expect our system to handle presidents who commit crimes?

Some say Congress should investigate. That seems extremely naive. Congress doesn't have the ability to adequately investigate matters like the Russia investigation, and even if they did, you would have hacks like Devin Nunes handling it.

So DOJ has to be the one to investigate. And if they find evidence of wrongdoing, but the current AG has a narrow reading of the crime(like Barr on obstruction), Congress and the American people are just supposed to take his word for it that the president is innocent?

What if there is concrete evidence of the crime? What is DOJ supposed to do? You expect Bill Barr or Eric Holder to refer the matter to Congress? Barr explicitly said yesterday that it's not DOJ's role to refer matters to Congress.

Lay it out for me. I think what Mueller did is the most reasonable and fair way to handle something like this.

It's fairly simple. We have 3 branches of govt. that each have their jobs.
IF the president does commit a crime the DOJ investigates and then Congress can attempt impeachment. That is the way the system is supposed to work.
Gold: 8,034.70
Warn: 10%
May 31 2019 11:43am
Quote (bogie160 @ 31 May 2019 13:39)
whereas nearly every Democrat supports it.

Can you show me any data that supports this?

Because everything I have read points to keeping laws where unless it is necessary for the mothers survival or is a miscarriage that the Dems laws they want is to only be able to abort the fetus in the first trimester.

Which is like the global standard since a lot of 1st world Countries allow abortion and arent following restrictive archaic rules.

This post was edited by Phaggot on May 31 2019 11:45am
Gold: 2,504.69
May 31 2019 11:51am
50%+ of democrats support 3rd term abortions?

:wacko:

that's a new one.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 31 2019 11:53am
Quote (Phaggot @ May 31 2019 10:43am)

those are conservative feelings statistics

same shit with muslims and other things as well

you get used to it after a while in pard
Gold: 226.37
May 31 2019 12:28pm
Quote (Phaggot @ May 31 2019 12:43pm)

Because everything I have read points to keeping laws where unless it is necessary for the mothers survival or is a miscarriage that the Dems laws they want is to only be able to abort the fetus in the first trimester.

Which is like the global standard since a lot of 1st world Countries allow abortion and arent following restrictive archaic rules.

The party's nominee for president in 2016 expressed extreme dismay when restrictions on 3rd trimester abortions were upheld by the SC court, are you saying she was out of line? How about our Virginia Democrats, who just pushed for the same? Admittedly, I might have missed it, but I don't recall any Democrat of note who came out against it.

I'm happy to look up the major contenders this year and show the same. I'm at work, but a quick glance at my news feed tells me that Beto makes the list.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1163164165166167173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll