d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1163164165166167443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 202.37
Sep 25 2018 12:10am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Sep 25 2018 12:29am)
Just finished watching the full Kavanaugh interview. He came across as very rigid and anxious, not wanting to deviate from his very strict script at all.

I don't really blame him. This has to be the most stressful time of his life. And if these allegations are all false, this really is a horrible assassination of character.

But it also made me remember that Kavanaugh is Trump's B team pick. Gorsuch is much smoother...he likely would have handled these tough questions much better. Scalia probably would have also knocked this interview out of the park. Well, as well as anyone could in such high-stakes circumstances.

Iunno. Just haven't been very impressed by Kavanaugh during his hearings or many parts of this process. Most SCOTUS Justices have that "it" factor, where the room lights up when they talk about their life story and the law. Definitely got that vibe from Scalia, Kennedy, and even Gorsuch during his testimony last year.

Kavanaugh just seems kinda meh to me. Don't get me wrong, he seems very qualified and smart as fuck, and I think most people, including me, would behave similar to him in a such a crazy stressful situation like this. But SCOTUS Justices aren't normal people. Clarence Thomas, who was also accused of sexual misconduct, looked a lot more confident, charasmatic, and convincing in his hearings. Guess Kavanaugh would make a good pair with Stephen Breyer, the court's other relatively uninspiring and middling justice.

Also, how fucking weird is it that we have a SCOTUS nominee esentially pleading his case on a highly political cable news network? Felt like he was campaigning. Maybe it's necessary with all the attacks he has had slinged at him, but whether it's the fault of Democrats, Republicans, or both, this once sacred process has gotten so political that it's sad.

He's being judged guilty of sexual assault based on a "memory" pieced together in therapy 36 years after the fact.

Democratic Senators on air lambasting presumption of innocence, media outraged that he expects his accuser to testify.

Absolutely Orwellian.

Banned
Gold: 2.34
Warn: 10%
Sep 25 2018 12:59am
wouldn't be a problem if we just reformed women's rights
tweek it a bit I mean it's just a bunch of garbage right now
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 25 2018 01:05am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Sep 25 2018 01:29am)
Just finished watching the full Kavanaugh interview. He came across as very rigid and anxious, not wanting to deviate from his very strict script at all.

I don't really blame him. This has to be the most stressful time of his life. And if these allegations are all false, this really is a horrible assassination of character.

But it also made me remember that Kavanaugh is Trump's B team pick. Gorsuch is much smoother...he likely would have handled these tough questions much better. Scalia probably would have also knocked this interview out of the park. Well, as well as anyone could in such high-stakes circumstances.

Iunno. Just haven't been very impressed by Kavanaugh during his hearings or many parts of this process. Most SCOTUS Justices have that "it" factor, where the room lights up when they talk about their life story and the law. Definitely got that vibe from Scalia, Kennedy, and even Gorsuch during his testimony last year.

Kavanaugh just seems kinda meh to me. Don't get me wrong, he seems very qualified and smart as fuck, and I think most people, including me, would behave similar to him in a such a crazy stressful situation like this. But SCOTUS Justices aren't normal people. Clarence Thomas, who was also accused of sexual misconduct, looked a lot more confident, charasmatic, and convincing in his hearings. Guess Kavanaugh would make a good pair with Stephen Breyer, the court's other relatively uninspiring and middling justice.

Also, how fucking weird is it that we have a SCOTUS nominee esentially pleading his case on a highly political cable news network? Felt like he was campaigning. Maybe it's necessary with all the attacks he has had slinged at him, but whether it's the fault of Democrats, Republicans, or both, this once sacred process has gotten so political that it's sad.

I think Kavanaugh is being very careful about what he says, because unlike a Senator let's say, accused of a sex w/e. He is about to be come a judge. I think judges have a lot less latitude with responses.
They stand the risk of be held to a certain wide reaching viewpoint, in any little thing they say.

I think we've all noticed that for judges, they can't just spout off an opinion about some immigration issue, w/o being immediately classed as pro or con for ALL immigration issues.

/e And totally unrelated to that, Avenatti is a joke. Half the courts in the land are after him for seriously shady money issues. He keeps getting fired by or misrepresenting clients. Even his wife is after his ass for alimony/ child support, w/e.

It's not like anyone has to LOOK to see if Avenatti is a crook, it's more like they have to look very hard to see where he hasn't been a crook.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 25 2018 01:11am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 25 2018 02:02am
TED CRUZ CHASED FROM DC RESTAURANT BY SCREAMING KAVANAUGH PROTESTERS - His Wife Harassed During Exit (VIDEO)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/ted-cruz-chased-from-dc-restaurant-by-screaming-kavanaugh-protesters-his-wife-harassed-during-exit-video/
Sep 25 2018 02:04am
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Sep 25 2018 04:02am)
TED CRUZ CHASED FROM DC RESTAURANT BY SCREAMING KAVANAUGH PROTESTERS - His Wife Harassed During Exit (VIDEO)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/ted-cruz-chased-from-dc-restaurant-by-screaming-kavanaugh-protesters-his-wife-harassed-during-exit-video/

Good. That will help Kavanaugh.
Gold: 7,070.87
Sep 25 2018 03:49am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 25 2018 08:04am)
Good. That will help Kavanaugh.

and hurt beto's chance in texas
Gold: 57.00
Sep 25 2018 04:13am
Quote (HeLiCaL @ 25 Sep 2018 04:02)

>minority and female harassed by privileged lefties when trying to eat dinner
Sep 25 2018 04:18am
Quote (excellence @ Sep 25 2018 06:13am)
>minority and female harassed by privileged lefties when trying to eat dinner

Yep. Where's a cop when you need one? ^^
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 25 2018 06:08am
womp womp

https://nypost.com/2018/09/24/ronan-farrows-kavanaugh-scoop-causes-media-meltdown/

New Yorker writers Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer pushed back Monday against the New York Times’ coverage of the latest sexual-misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The Times reported Sunday that the reporters’ never confirmed “with other eyewitnesses” that Kavanaugh attended a Yale University dorm party where Deborah Ramirez claims he drunkenly exposed himself.

The paper said it interviewed “several dozen people” in a vain attempt to find someone with “firsthand knowledge” to corroborate Ramirez’s allegations.

The Times also said Ramirez contacted former classmates to see if they remembered the alleged incident — and told some she wasn’t sure it was Kavanaugh who exposed himself.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 25 2018 06:16am
Quote (Ghot @ 25 Sep 2018 11:18)
Yep. Where's a cop when you need one? ^^

to do what? arrest people for free speech against politicians you support? you right wingers really love your fascist ideas, don't you?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1163164165166167443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll