d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1151617181947Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 152.00
Feb 10 2015 03:31pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 10 2015 04:29pm)
i'd be in favour of tax credits to promote healthier life styles, particularly one for using the gym - with the appropriate set of checks in place to make sure you're eating healthy and staying fit

on a side note, 4.99 medium size pepperoni pizza should be illegal :/

4.99 medium size pepperoni pizza should be mandatory :drool:
Gold: 0.76
Feb 10 2015 03:33pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 10 Feb 2015 16:01)
You are free to think what you want. You are still a vapid little bitch who has failed to address my supposed strawman and instead wished me physical harm.

The point I made was evident. Something that is deemed good or healthy by others does not necessarily mean it should be mandatory for everyone.

Quote (Bazi @ 10 Feb 2015 16:11)
It's not mandatory because the opposition of person A regarding broccoli consumption will not cause injury to person B who is unable to consume broccoli for xyz reason.

Unlike the opposition of person A regarding vaccines which can result in injury to person B.

I think the big point that seems to get over looked is that the rights aren't really the parent's rights they are the rights of the child, and just as the government has enacted a child car seat law which certainly does save many kids lives every year. in a very miniscule percentage of car wrecks where the car does burst into flames within mere seconds of impact, could cause the death of the child.
BUT I think we all agree that the safety far outweighs the risk. If you don't think so drop me a pm. I'll convince you.

we could look at the vaccines the same way that we look at car seats The government stepping in to protect children's rights when they are too young to have a voice for themselves. You might argue what if the child were to choose to be vaccine free? I think that if the kid becomes an adult and wants to yell about getting the shot , then job done.
Gold: 4,921.71
Feb 10 2015 03:44pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 10 2015 04:33pm)
I think the big point that seems to get over looked is that the rights aren't really the parent's rights they are the rights of the child, and just as the government has enacted a child car seat law which certainly does save many kids lives every year. in a very miniscule percentage of car wrecks where the car does burst into flames within mere seconds of impact, could cause the death of the child.
BUT I think we all agree that the safety far outweighs the risk. If you don't think so drop me a pm. I'll convince you.

we could look at the vaccines the same way that we look at car seats The government stepping in to protect children's rights when they are too young to have a voice for themselves. You might argue what if the child were to choose to be vaccine free? I think that if the kid becomes an adult and wants to yell about getting the shot , then job done.

His counter argument is that non vaccination poses no threat to the child so it isn't abuse, based on lack of disease seen in unvaccinated population.

However this is only the case at present because of widespread vaccination of these diseases in general.

The flaw of his plan doesn't show itself in the current situation. He fails to understand that if he had his way with his policies in place (no mandating, only encouraging, vaccines) we would see greater numbers of unvaccinated children --> more cases of vaccine preventable disease --> more cases of vaccine preventable death

Gold: 83.30
Feb 10 2015 03:48pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 10 2015 09:01pm)
You are free to think what you want. You are still a vapid little bitch who has failed to address my supposed strawman and instead wished me physical harm.

The point I made was evident. Something that is deemed good or healthy by others does not necessarily mean it should be mandatory for everyone.

I think mandatory healthy food is not necessary, since unhealthy food in moderation is no problem at all to the public health. Food deserts I would gladly outlaw.

I don't wish you physical harm. I just think you are severely underestimating the importance of herd immunity. Just like people currently are quite complacent since we live in relative peace (though over here in Europe the bear has been acting up), I think people don't recognize the danger and horror of epi/pandemic diseases anymore. The Hong Kong and Russian flu were decades ago. The various varieties of infectious diseases that sprung up over the last 20 years (SARS, Bird flu, etc) have been relatively mild.

Spanish flu killed 1% of the entire world. Realize that and know that the harm these vaccines might cause pales in comparison.
Gold: 11,345.00
Feb 10 2015 04:15pm
Another aspect of this that has not been examined is the long term side effects of vaccinations. For example we have all heard of viruses mutating into super viruses there is not enough research out there to see the relationship between vaccines and the mutation of the diseases.

edit: also physiological and psychological negative mutations that can be caused by some vaccines over the span of more than one generation.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Feb 10 2015 04:17pm
Feb 10 2015 04:18pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 10 2015 05:15pm)
Another aspect of this that has not been examined is the long term side effects of vaccinations. For example we have all heard of viruses mutating into super viruses there is not enough research out there to see the relationship between vaccines and the mutation of the diseases.

Some fundamental understanding lacking here

Define a psychological mutation pls

This post was edited by Bazi on Feb 10 2015 04:18pm
Gold: 0.76
Feb 10 2015 04:25pm
vaccines are mandated now.

in our current society most people try to be responsible to both their families and to their community part of being a responsible parent is keeping your children as healthy as possible. The medical community by and large has reached a consensus that for a healthy child to receive the smallpox/mmr vaccines is the right choice. It is the right choice to both the child and the rest of the community. It's very selfish to think that you can be the irresponsible one and let everyone else pick up the slack.

The only way the theory that well my child will only be one in a thousand to not be vaccinated, means that you are depending on all of those other parents to be brave when you can't be. They are going to step up and do the right thing so that your kid remains safe, because if they don't the chances of an outbreak just goes way up. Why should you be so special with your liberty and depend on everyone else to be flexible?

Nobody likes to be told what to do, everyone wants the freedom to do just as he pleases but we like community as well and we realize that to have community there have to be compromises. And sometimes it sucks but toughen the hell up and realize what it takes to live peaceably amongst others, one of those things is not putting their kids at risk.
Gold: 11,345.00
Feb 10 2015 04:28pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 10 2015 03:18pm)
Some fundamental understanding lacking here

Define a psychological mutation pls

I meant to say a mutation that manifests itself psychologically in the form of mental disorders. I'm talking about generational mutations something that has not been studied. For example what genetic change does the said vaccine cause over 3-4 generations. Do these mutations benefit or alter the code enough to make us more susceptible to diseases?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Feb 10 2015 04:31pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 10 2015 04:29pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 10 2015 04:25pm)
vaccines are mandated now.

in our current society most people try to be responsible to both their families and to their community part of being a responsible parent is keeping your children as healthy as possible. The medical community by and large has reached a consensus that for a healthy child to receive the smallpox/mmr vaccines is the right choice. It is the right choice to both the child and the rest of the community. It's very selfish to think that you can be the irresponsible one and let everyone else pick up the slack.

The only way the theory that well my child will only be one in a thousand to not be vaccinated, means that you are depending on all of those other parents to be brave when you can't be. They are going to step up and do the right thing so that your kid remains safe, because if they don't the chances of an outbreak just goes way up. Why should you be so special with your liberty and depend on everyone else to be flexible?

Nobody likes to be told what to do, everyone wants the freedom to do just as he pleases but we like community as well and we realize that to have community there have to be compromises. And sometimes it sucks but toughen the hell up and realize what it takes to live peaceably amongst others, one of those things is not putting their kids at risk.

heres the part i dont get. If every other parent is responsible and gets their kids the vaccine and i dont, wouldnt that mean not only that my kid can get sick but also that only my kid can get sick? The other kids have the vaccine. It honestly to me comes down to personal choice, and yes that includes the choice to be irresponsible. My gf has kids in her class that have parents ALOT worse than any anti-vaccer. And yet there is no discourse for the subjective parenting fails, only the shots the kid should have got.

I think 100% of parents should get their kids vaccinated, im less sold on making it federal law. Seems like a waste of good supreme court time to me.
Feb 10 2015 04:34pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 10 2015 05:28pm)
I meant to say a mutation that manifests itself psychologically in the form of mental disorders. I'm talking about generational mutations something that has not been studied. For example what genetic change does the said vaccine cause over 3-4 generations. Do these mutations benefit or alter the code enough to make us more susceptible to diseases?

Do you understand how vaccinations work?

To the bold, zero

This post was edited by Bazi on Feb 10 2015 04:36pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1151617181947Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll