d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is A God?
Prev1151617181922Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,076.24
May 17 2024 06:33am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 17 2024 09:20am)

Like I said, you'd best avoid getting into one. I've been down this road many times before. Anything you say and any claim you make will be compared to Scripture whether you like it or not.

I would actually enjoy this.

If you were to post scripture, and then in your own words explain why it's meaningful, what it means to you, how it can be used as a for of proof for your god, etc. I would gladly engage in that conversation. But, you have to talk about the scripture using your own words. When you just copy and paste the scripture I have no idea why you are posting it.

I don't want to have a conversation where I say things in my own words and then you just lazily copy and paste scripture.
Gold: 0.00
May 17 2024 05:09pm
Quote (x_h @ May 17 2024 10:33pm)
I would actually enjoy this.

If you were to post scripture, and then in your own words explain why it's meaningful, what it means to you, how it can be used as a for of proof for your god, etc. I would gladly engage in that conversation. But, you have to talk about the scripture using your own words. When you just copy and paste the scripture I have no idea why you are posting it.

I don't want to have a conversation where I say things in my own words and then you just lazily copy and paste scripture.

Then I suggest you DM this person and ask them what you're about to get yourself into. https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=1166779
May 17 2024 05:21pm
Quote (CPK001 @ May 17 2024 08:09pm)
Then I suggest you DM this person and ask them what you're about to get yourself into. https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=1166779

So far what I've got myself into is a boring chat where you do nothing but copy and paste scripture and for some reason tag this user.
May 18 2024 04:23pm
Quote (x_h @ May 18 2024 09:21am)
So far what I've got myself into is a boring chat where you do nothing but copy and paste scripture and for some reason tag this user.

It's for your own good. If we actually argued you'd come out completely different on the other side.

This post was edited by CPK001 on May 18 2024 04:33pm
May 18 2024 06:41pm
Quote (CPK001 @ May 18 2024 07:23pm)
It's for your own good. If we actually argued you'd come out completely different on the other side.

You are quite arrogant.

I'm here if you want to stop posturing and actually decide to make your case for why god is real, how/why jesus was literally resurrected, etc.
Gold: 1,750.69
May 18 2024 08:11pm
scripture is everything.....

scripture is everywhere.....

even right now in this room.... you can see it when u wake up and when u turn on the television... you can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when u pay ur taxes........

i live my life obeying scripture as best as i can, because i want to... because i believe God wrote a book and i want to read it...
May 19 2024 04:29am
Quote (x_h @ May 19 2024 10:41am)
You are quite arrogant.

I'm here if you want to stop posturing and actually decide to make your case for why god is real, how/why jesus was literally resurrected, etc.

I said this to the last person and so I'll say it to you. The issue isn't whether or not God is real. I'm not going to argue whether or not He is real because you already know that He exists.

The issue is sin. Once you realize how bad sin is and that you are in need of forgiveness, you'll see the reason why Jesus came down to die on the cross.

This is the order of things:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.
May 19 2024 06:06am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 19 2024 07:29am)
I said this to the last person and so I'll say it to you. The issue isn't whether or not God is real. I'm not going to argue whether or not He is real because you already know that He exists.

Not true. It seems more like the reason you won't argue whether god is real or not is because you can't prove god is real.

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

Ya, I don't believe any of this.

What is your proof that god is real and that god cares about sin?

Why should I believe or care about anything you said here?

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

I don't believe there was an adam and eve. Your saying god created them perfect isn't in any way proof that they existed.

What is your proof? What is your reasoning for believing this?

Literally nothing you said here is anything except conjecture.

This post was edited by x_h on May 19 2024 06:09am
May 19 2024 06:51am
Quote (x_h @ May 19 2024 10:06pm)
Not true. It seems more like the reason you won't argue whether god is real or not is because you can't prove god is real.

Ya, I don't believe any of this.

What is your proof that god is real and that god cares about sin?

Why should I believe or care about anything you said here?

I don't believe there was an adam and eve. Your saying god created them perfect isn't in any way proof that they existed.

What is your proof? What is your reasoning for believing this?

Literally nothing you said here is anything except conjecture.

All the evidence we need is in The Bible. It all makes perfect sense. Claiming ignorance of sin will not grant you entry into the Kingdom of Heaven.

You don't believe any of this you say? Do you know someone who has lived the perfect life and never done any wrong by your standards? Name one, I bet you can't.

God has revealed himself through his one and only Son, Jesus. Besides that you can look at creation and see how there is an order to everything. The sea only comes so far and so we have dry land. We have Night and Day. The Earth is placed at the perfect distance from the Sun.

Yet Creation groans under the curse of The Fall. You can even look at the Grand Canyon as that is evidence of the Global Flood back in Genesis 6-9.

The implications of sin is not only real but also very devastating. God has placed eternity in your heart. Those thoughts you have when you ponder the meaning of life and whether this life is all there is? Your longing for something much greater? That came directly from God.
May 19 2024 07:04am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 19 2024 09:51am)
All the evidence we need is in The Bible. It all makes perfect sense. .

Yes, and proof that Odysseus is held captive by the nymph Calypso on her island, Ogygia is in the Odyssey.

We don't prove things are true by using an old book that says they are true. The bible at best is full of anecdotes and archetypal stores. The bible is not a form of proof for god.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1151617181922Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll