d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trumpers Tearing Down Dc.
Prev1157158159160161346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jan 8 2021 06:30pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 8 2021 04:23pm)
It's a really scary precedent for Big Tech censorship in general - but when it comes to Trump himself, he can still have a platform anytime he wants. If he has something to say to his supporters or the American public at-large, all he has to do is announce a news conference and the press will immediately flock to the WH and report about it.

i heard for what its worth he can go around them with the emergency broad cast system that out to scare the crap out of some of the TDS.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jan 8 2021 06:35pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 9 Jan 2021 01:24)
and miss represent it

Why would pro-Trump outlets like OAN or Newsmax misrepresent it? As the sitting president, Trump can grant them access to WH press conferences, and a lot of his base is getting their news from these outlets anyway (rather than Fox or other mainstream media).
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 8 2021 06:36pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 9 Jan 2021 01:08)
This is just false. Back in the 19th or early 20th century, multiculturalism was not the ideal of America yet, assimilation was. Those Irish, German, Italian and Eastern European immigrants were expected to integrate into the American mainstream, not demand the American mainstream to accommodate them. You didnt have swaths of people in the media, academia or activist circles telling the mainstream how racist and insensitive it is to expect immigrants to learn English or shit like that. Back then, the ideal was the melting pot. Nowadays, the ideal espoused by liberals and most cultural institutions is that of a salad bowl.

Furthermore, you have to keep in mind two crucial factors when it comes to the eventual successful integration of these groups: from the 1920s until the 1960s, immigration levels to the U.S. were very low. This had the effect of forcing ethnic groups to integrate into the American society (if they hadnt already done so anyway). By contrast, nowadays, you have sustained, skyhigh immigration levels, communities are constantly seeing their ranks bolstered which makes it feasible to insulate themselves in the first place. The second factor is that integration or assimilation have a higher chance of success the smaller the cultural gap between immigrants and host society is. Even though people didnt perceive it that way back then, the cultural difference between Irish or Italians and the Anglo-Saxon mainstream was not all that big. It was definitely smaller than the gap we are seeing today with African, Middle Eastern or South-East Asian immigrants.

straight from the white pride propaganda site, via your gullible head, to d2jsp. doesn't matter how often your racially loaded bullshit is debunked, you just keep regurgitating that moronic white genocide myth every chance you get, right? every non-white, non-christian immigrant is immediately an existential threat to your "culture" / "social cohesion" / "values" or whatever meaningless substitute you try to sugarcoat your underlying racial bias, bigotry, and angst with. what about the millions of chinese immigrants? funny how they are always ignored when the fourteen words crowd makes their pitch about how discriminating against immigrants now is totally different from that back then... you really think ppl can't see right through that, lol?
Jan 8 2021 06:37pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 8 2021 04:35pm)
Why would pro-Trump outlets like OAN or Newsmax misrepresent it? As the sitting president, Trump can grant them access to WH press conferences, and a lot of his base is getting their news from these outlets anyway (rather than Fox or other mainstream media).

since fox turned I dont think any one trusts any TV format to relay honest news

well i cant say "any one" but its a problem

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jan 8 2021 06:41pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jan 8 2021 06:41pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 8 2021 07:17pm)
how about the one where there was more votes then people? do you remember that one?

That one was debunked if I recall.

I think the Dems are smart enough to avoid something as obvious as that.
Jan 8 2021 06:45pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jan 8 2021 04:41pm)

i dont think they are, they were so under the gun to get the fix in. It looks like it wouldnt matter any way they rammed and jammed it through, courts to scared or compromised to touch any of it.

o? it wasnt states it supposedly happened in some counties,

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jan 8 2021 06:48pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Jan 8 2021 06:46pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 8 2021 04:08pm)
This is just false. Back in the 19th or early 20th century, multiculturalism was not the ideal of America yet, assimilation was. Those Irish, German, Italian and Eastern European immigrants were expected to integrate into the American mainstream, not demand the American mainstream to accomodate them. You didnt have swaths of people in the media, academia or activist circles telling the mainstream how racist and insensitive it is to expect immigrants to learn English or shit like that. Back then, the ideal was the melting pot. Nowadays, the ideal espoused by liberals and most cultural institutions is that of a salad bowl.

Furthermore, you have to keep in mind two crucial factors when it comes to the eventual successful integration of these groups: from the 1920s until the 1960s, immigration levels to the U.S. were very low. This had the effect of forcing ethnic groups to integrate into the American society (if they hadnt already done so anyway). By contrast, nowadays, you have sustained, skyhigh immigration levels, communities are constantly seeing their ranks bolstered which makes it feasible to insulate themselves in the first place. The second factor is that integration or assimilation have a higher chance of success the smaller the cultural gap between immigrants and host society is. Even though people didnt perceive it that way back then, the cultural differences between Irish or Italians and the Anglo-Saxon American mainstream was not all that big. It was definitely smaller than the gap we are seeing today with African, Middle Eastern or South-East Asian immigrants.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/immigrant-population-over-time

Doesn't seem that crazy to me...

I mean, Irish and Italians were Catholic whereas most of America is Protestant scum. Even then, the Irish and Italians (both Catholic) were at each others throats. As an example, my mom was forbidden from dating Irish people for years. Anecdotally, my Italian great-grandfather had to learn Russian just to work in the steel mills. His Italian accent caused him to get his ass kicked so he had to develop a Russian one to blend in because that was more acceptable for some reason.

America has never been a melting pot. That's a nonsensical myth and has no basis in reality. Traditionally, this has been peddled by hard-line immigration groups to justify their bigotry.
Gold: 1,627.69
Jan 8 2021 06:54pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (TiStuff @ Jan 8 2021 07:37pm)
since fox turned I dont think any one trusts any TV format to relay honest news

well i cant say "any one" but its a problem

Sums up your dumb fucking ass doesnt it.

Also.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Jan 8 2021 07:41pm)

When EndlessSky is telling your ass to simmer down with the stupid right wing conspiracy shit. You know your people killed a police officer right? Or is it just okay because they werent black. I dont give a fuck what you think either way so.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jan 8 2021 06:54pm
Quote (fender @ 9 Jan 2021 01:36)
straight from the white pride propaganda site, via your gullible head, to d2jsp. doesn't matter how often your racially loaded bullshit is debunked, you just keep regurgitating that moronic white genocide myth every chance you get, right? every non-white, non-christian immigrant is immediately an existential threat to your "culture" / "social cohesion" / "values" or whatever meaningless substitute you try to sugarcoat your underlying racial bias, bigotry, and angst with. what about the millions of chinese immigrants? funny how they are always ignored when the fourteen words crowd makes their pitch about how discriminating against immigrants now is totally different from that back then... you really think ppl can't see right through that, lol?

I was neither talking about "white genocide" nor was I saying that immigration from distant cultures is destined to fail or inherently a threat for Western societies. What I am saying is twofold:

1. successful integration becomes the more difficult the more different the cultural background of the immigrants is.
2. failing to integrate newcomers for prolonged periods of time leads to division, an erosion of social trust and solidarity, the formation of parallel societies and many other undesirable outcomes.

If these common sense opinions makes me a white supremacist in your eyes, then so be it.
Jan 8 2021 06:58pm
Quote (Sh00p @ Jan 8 2021 04:54pm)
Sums up your dumb fucking ass doesnt it.

Also.

When EndlessSky is telling your ass to simmer down with the stupid right wing conspiracy shit. You know your people killed a police officer right? Or is it just okay because they werent black. I dont give a fuck what you think either way so.

poll watchers told to go home or kicked out then by some super duper miracle a fuk ton of biden only votes magically arrive and you dems dont bat an eye about it cause your a bunch of frauds.

all of a sudden you care about police officers.......................fraud

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jan 8 2021 07:00pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1157158159160161346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll