d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1149150151152153307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Jul 4 2023 03:44pm
Quote (addone @ Jul 4 2023 02:42pm)
Pretty sure there were 100's of arguments being made and I don't remember you ever winning one of them. Including the napkin lol. All you said was haha good luck with napkin religion napkin boy or something unintelligible. Sound about right?

ya there was alot of fun poked at it
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2023 02:19am
Quote (addone @ Jul 4 2023 08:23pm)
You finally freed yourself from the dogmatic constraints of religion? Or you still trying to cling to the superstitious comfort food?

Ahh... Our hero returns!
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 20%
Jul 6 2023 01:36am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 5 2023 08:19pm)

The fellow who repeats God is real because bible told me so x 100 times a day. Have you tried proof or rational thinking?

It's great. Try it today "I don't need this fictitious father figure to tell me what to do or believe in" . I can just as easily believe in life, in myself and my own capable mind to solve any challenges that come along.
Repeat I don't need to be scared of the unknown it's OK not to know everything. I will continue learning and growing and do the best I can, no need make up imaginary wizards to tell me that drugs, stealing and killing etc are bad. I am a grown adult I am perfectly capable of figuring out my life's decisions.

Practice saying that every night.
Jul 6 2023 02:55pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jul 7 2023 07:28am)
I don't accept the presupposition that all religious and spiritual beliefs are nonsense. My brother thinks that if religion causes the people to behave themselves then that's fine but I think it is deeper than that. Religion is comprised of elements of our mind that is very difficult to articulate, in other words, a religious description is one of metaphysics even if it does make reference to corporeal events. This seems to be the case to me because "science" (what I'll call precise empirical methods) has practical limits. So while I can talk about a topic like death scientifically, there comes a point where a different type of knowledge displaces what can actually be measured. What this knowledge really is I can't say but it appears to be one that is extremely old. Long story short, I believe there is ancient wisdom in the holy books. If you need an explanation of why so much religion is misused, evolutionary selection seems the obvious case because most things are tried and few work. If an organism can find a niche, it will. This idea explains a good deal of political science as far as I can tell.

Spirituality is a personal quest for higher understanding of the unknown/supernatural religion is a canned version of someone else's experience. It's a pseudo scientific method which involves testing things through personal observation and feelings.
Religion is a cancerous tumor that relies on unquestioning acceptance of its supernatural claims.

The reason people like you who don't accept religion as utter nonsense is because it weaves many half truths. Like a good liar it makes you think what it says is true by stating practical wisdom and stories and real events. It heavy relies on people's trustworthiness. Combined with officious dress code and backing of high ranking leadership to enforce its tenets and not to mention the "proof by assertion and authority" what you get is a cult. People just repeat the same nonsense without questioning the validity and origins.

Yes there are unknowns out there, yes we don't know many things like origin of the universe or what happens when we die etc doesn't mean we need to abandon our mental faculties and run to the nearest wizard of Oz story. This is lazy.
I suppose some elements can be studied and researched in Take for example Noah's ark was rebuilt to scale by different companies and none of them are sea worthy. There are thousands of things which have been tested in the religious context and most of them turned out to be utter bullshit.

Religion had to be sold through supernatural and over exegeated stories, it tries to scare people with a boogieman (devil, Satan, demons etc) and it offers a cure (good guy jesus, God, saviour/hero) it's basically comfort food for people who are scared of after death.
Jul 6 2023 03:50pm
Quote (addone @ Jul 6 2023 01:55pm)
Spirituality is a personal quest for higher understanding of the unknown/supernatural religion is a canned version of someone else's experience. It's a pseudo scientific method which involves testing things through personal observation and feelings.
Religion is a cancerous tumor that relies on unquestioning acceptance of its supernatural claims.

The reason people like you who don't accept religion as utter nonsense is because it weaves many half truths. Like a good liar it makes you think what it says is true by stating practical wisdom and stories and real events. It heavy relies on people's trustworthiness. Combined with officious dress code and backing of high ranking leadership to enforce its tenets and not to mention the "proof by assertion and authority" what you get is a cult. People just repeat the same nonsense without questioning the validity and origins.

Yes there are unknowns out there, yes we don't know many things like origin of the universe or what happens when we die etc doesn't mean we need to abandon our mental faculties and run to the nearest wizard of Oz story. This is lazy.
I suppose some elements can be studied and researched in Take for example Noah's ark was rebuilt to scale by different companies and none of them are sea worthy. There are thousands of things which have been tested in the religious context and most of them turned out to be utter bullshit.

Religion had to be sold through supernatural and over exegeated stories, it tries to scare people with a boogieman (devil, Satan, demons etc) and it offers a cure (good guy jesus, God, saviour/hero) it's basically comfort food for people who are scared of after death.

share your feelings
How To Get To Heaven When You Die #4501
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81496210&f=27&o=4500

Jul 6 2023 03:57pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jul 7 2023 09:50am)
share your feelings
How To Get To Heaven When You Die #4501
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81496210&f=27&o=4500

You have a point or are you spamming your +1 again?
Jul 6 2023 04:01pm
Quote (addone @ Jul 6 2023 02:57pm)
You have a point or are you spamming your +1 again?

feeling are for 'girlfriends, here its just bad arguments

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jul 6 2023 04:02pm
Gold: 66,079.69
Jul 6 2023 04:06pm
The pope is Caesar, Rome never fell.

Hope this helps.
Jul 6 2023 04:21pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jul 7 2023 10:01am)
feeling are for 'girlfriends, here its just bad arguments

Again what does this have to do with anything?
You take 1 random word and start a tangent about something completely irrelevant and out of context. Then make another random statement.

This is called spamming. Begone

This post was edited by addone on Jul 6 2023 04:21pm
Jul 6 2023 04:32pm
Quote (addone @ Jul 6 2023 01:55pm)

this whole comment is feelings
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1149150151152153307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll