d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Prev1141516171821Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.75
May 23 2019 06:37pm
Quote (TransTankie @ May 23 2019 01:53pm)
If he's not too old to vote he's not too old to be held responsible for his vote.

or maybe people should vote and not attack each other and be able to vote safely whether silly nonsense like milkshake shenanigans or something worse

especially old people that are much more likely to fall and falls are much more likely to cause serious bodily harm

that guy took it in stride good for him that still doesn't make it acceptable or excusable behavior for voters to get attacked in that way or any way
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2019 06:47pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 24 May 2019 00:37)
or maybe people should vote and not attack each other and be able to vote safely whether silly nonsense like milkshake shenanigans or something worse

especially old people that are much more likely to fall and falls are much more likely to cause serious bodily harm

that guy took it in stride good for him that still doesn't make it acceptable or excusable behavior for voters to get attacked in that way or any way

Worked in the Weimar. Can't see why it wouldn't work in the UK...

What we need is laws like Germany that actively prevent the far right from standing for election.

This post was edited by TransTankie on May 23 2019 06:48pm
Gold: 12.79
May 23 2019 07:04pm
Quote (TransTankie @ May 24 2019 12:47am)

What we need is laws like Germany that actively prevent the far right from standing for election.

Hey look at that, actual fascism.
May 23 2019 07:08pm
Quote (TransTankie @ May 23 2019 05:47pm)

what was this dude guilty of other than voting and participating?

I disagree with just about every post and thought Ghot has ever had but the dude should be able to vote peacefully for whatever and whoever he wants and participate in the process peacefully
Gold: 475.46
May 23 2019 08:12pm
Quote (LA-Leviathan @ May 23 2019 06:04pm)
Hey look at that, actual fascism.

For the greater good my dude.
May 23 2019 09:20pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 24 May 2019 01:08)
what was this dude guilty of other than voting and participating?

I disagree with just about every post and thought Ghot has ever had but the dude should be able to vote peacefully for whatever and whoever he wants and participate in the process peacefully

Yea? What if half your country was Ghot's. What if Ghot might be your president? What if Ghot wasn't just stupid but hateful and if he got into power would engage in ethnic cleansing? Should people have a right to peacefully advocate for the violent extermination of Native Americans for example?
Gold: 10,485.00
May 23 2019 09:22pm
Quote (TransTankie @ May 23 2019 11:20pm)
Yea? What if half your country was Ghot's. What if Ghot might be your president? What if Ghot wasn't just stupid but hateful and if he got into power would engage in ethnic cleansing? Should people have a right to peacefully advocate for the violent extermination of Native Americans for example?

What if Ghot got into power and did what he's SAID, gotten rid of folks that don't want to BE Americans? Doesn't matter what ethnicity, what DOES matter that if folks don't LIKE the US they shouldn't come to the US.

Pretty fookin simple.

/e Might also have to get rid of folks too stupid to remember where ghot stands.

/ee Might also have to get rid of folks too stupid to remember, that how the US does things IS up for vote by true Americans, NOT by the world.

This post was edited by Ghot on May 23 2019 09:29pm
May 23 2019 09:34pm
Quote (TransTankie @ May 23 2019 08:20pm)

well a pretty significant chunk of the country is like Ghot

the ones that aren't as blatant and unabashed as ghot still have a lot of the same general talking points which are on full display here every day and they are significantly younger which is unfortunate

and it is of my belief and shown consistently in my posts that I don't support physical escalation which is where I personally draw the line and think it's one of the best lines we have to go off of outside of self defense

at some point advocating for the violent extermination of me or those like me becomes a threat which is no longer peaceful and enters into a violation of the law and is to be handled that way

if those people attack me or those like me I'm within my right to defend myself

up until then the edgelords can say whatever and vote however

The difference between you and I is that I actually come from blood shed in recent genocide and am done with the violence. To me those wars are over and we fight differently now because we are fortunate enough to have to opportunity to do so peacefully

The world is not as it once was especially here in the US. You exaggerate the threat and you use it to excuse and encourage mistreatment of people. That blurs the lines and a lot of what you say here concerns me just as much as what you claim to be fighting against.

This post was edited by Beowulf on May 23 2019 09:34pm
May 23 2019 09:37pm
Quote (TransTankie @ May 23 2019 10:20pm)

Are you talking about the UK? Can you point me to the people being elected that are advocating for genocide?
May 23 2019 09:40pm
Quote (TransTankie @ May 23 2019 07:20pm)

It comes down to different operating definitions of "violence". Anti-fascists often feel that physical violence is predated by hateful rhetoric, organization, and accumulation of power, and that this intentional process is violent in and of itself.

Many, however, only find that which is physical (punching someone) as "violent". A fascist can do anything and everything, including plotting, recruiting, and organizing around the complete and utter extinction of people like you, and will never be deemed as "violent" until they actually go out and physically harm/kill you.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1141516171821Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll