d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > 2014 Midterm Elections > State Of Play Update
Prev1141516171826Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.31
Sep 24 2014 03:23pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Sep 24 2014 05:06pm)
You are free to create a blog. Pard is not your personal blog. You do not own this area.

Yes there is eidence for that, as Huffpo has measured house effects. Throughout the senate polling timeline, those polls have in FACT skewed slightly towards the democrats.

No, the forum is not my personal blog, but this remains a thread that I maintain myself. As I said, if you wish to offer a similar type of commentary then you yourself can make a separate thread rather than derailing mine with your poor commentary. It's very simple. This thread is a convenience for me to answer the many questions I get about the races without having to answer repetitive questions multiple times in multiple private messages. I have no interest in those questions and answers being muddled by the commentary of another person, particularly when that commentary is inadequate and riddled with factual errors that only serves to confuse the people who choose to read this thread.

I gave you the courtesy of telling you that the type of commentary you made is unwelcome here and explained why. Each subsequent post that you make here of that variety will simply be reported, every single time, until you stop making unwelcome and unhelpful posts in this thread as requested. I myself would rather go back to having to answer repetitive questions rather than having to correct every single incorrect thing you post in this thread for the people who read it who aren't aware that you don't understand the subject matter that you're attempting to discuss.
Gold: 11,407.33
Sep 24 2014 03:25pm
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 24 2014 05:23pm)
No, the forum is not my personal blog, but this remains a thread that I maintain myself. As I said, if you wish to offer a similar type of commentary then you yourself can make a separate thread rather than derailing mine with your poor commentary. It's very simple. This thread is a convenience for me to answer the many questions I get about the races without having to answer repetitive questions multiple times in multiple private messages. I have no interest in those questions and answers being muddled by the commentary of another person, particularly when that commentary is inadequate and riddled with factual errors that only serves to confuse the people who choose to read this thread.

I gave you the courtesy of telling you that the type of commentary you made is unwelcome here and explained why. Each subsequent post that you make here of that variety will simply be reported, every single time, until you stop making unwelcome and unhelpful posts in this thread as requested. I myself would rather go back to having to answer repetitive questions rather than having to correct every single incorrect thing you post in this thread for the people who read it who aren't aware that you don't understand the subject matter that you're attempting to discuss.

Thats too bad for you then isn't it?
Gold: 500.00
Sep 24 2014 03:33pm
so when is this over and when do we find out who won?
Sep 24 2014 03:37pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 24 2014 05:33pm)
so when is this over and when do we find out who won?

Our Election Day is on November 4th but some races won't be settled then. One will be decided in December, it's likely another will be decided in January.

Edit: Actually wait, two will probably be decided in December: The runoff for Governor in Georgia, and the runoff for Senator in Louisiana.

Quote (cambovenzi @ Sep 24 2014 05:25pm)

Well, no, it's really not an issue. I gave you fair warning and now every subsequent time you muddle the thread you'll be reported. It's very simple: you'll either refrain from posting here as asked, or I'll merely just move the discussion elsewhere so that people are no longer confused by your flawed commentary. It's much easier for me to maintain a thread that answers all questions once than it is to have to deal with each inquiring person individually, but I have absolutely no problem asking for it to be closed simply because you've become as unwelcome as your flawed commentary.

This post was edited by Pollster on Sep 24 2014 03:42pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Sep 24 2014 04:06pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Sep 24 2014 04:25pm)

Careful, he's gonna report you! And unlike normal users of the site, he doesn't just click the "report post" button, he pm's specific mods to harass you, being in tight with them as a former mod himself. As an advisory, you should probably just measure the pixel size of your signature now, and head off any harassment off at the pass. The hack lives to stay small.
Sep 24 2014 04:14pm
Quote (Santara @ Sep 24 2014 06:06pm)
Careful, he's gonna report you! And unlike normal users of the site, he doesn't just click the "report post" button, he pm's specific mods to harass you, being in tight with them as a former mod himself. As an advisory, you should probably just measure the pixel size of your signature now, and head off any harassment off at the pass. The hack lives to stay small.

In reality I have never been a Moderator of any type on this forum. I can't really tell if this is one of those situations where you're merely entirely uninformed or whether you're simply being hyperbolic.

Though, yes, just as I said: subsequent posts of that unwelcome variety are going to be reported. Had it happened one time then there'd be no issue, but he quite obviously is continuing to derail the thread after being asked multiple times to take it somewhere else. If he doesn't want to be "harassed" by a Moderator then he should refrain from posting here as requested or just make his own thread. It's pretty simple, really. I know I myself couldn't care less what size your signature is or what you say or do on this forum, but there's no appetite for the bullshit in my one thread.
Gold: 8,933.00
Sep 24 2014 04:22pm
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 24 2014 05:14pm)
In reality I have never been a Moderator of any type on this forum. I can't really tell if this is one of those situations where you're merely entirely uninformed or whether you're simply being hyperbolic.

Though, yes, just as I said: subsequent posts of that unwelcome variety are going to be reported. Had it happened one time then there'd be no issue, but he quite obviously is continuing to derail the thread after being asked multiple times to take it somewhere else. If he doesn't want to be "harassed" by a Moderator then he should refrain from posting here as requested or just make his own thread. It's pretty simple, really. I know I myself couldn't care less what size your signature is or what you say or do on this forum, but there's no appetite for the bullshit in my one thread.

Moderator, mediator, whatever.

Mmmmm, redsauce....
Sep 24 2014 04:40pm
Quote (Santara @ Sep 24 2014 06:22pm)
Moderator, mediator, whatever.

Mmmmm, redsauce....

Well the two are obviously not the same thing (amusingly they aren't even remotely similar). Either way it doesn't matter, if people want to spare themselves the "harassment" then they merely need to refrain from posting here as they were asked. They're only bringing the hassle on themselves otherwise. It really is that simple.
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 24 2014 08:03pm
Thank you cambo for posting in this thread. I actually enjoy what you add to the topic.
Gold: 285.00
Sep 24 2014 08:09pm
Quote (thundercock @ Sep 24 2014 09:03pm)
Thank you cambo for posting in this thread. I actually enjoy what you add to the topic.

Shush, this public thread on a widely used forum isn't yours.

You didn't build this.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1141516171826Next
Closed New Topic New Poll