d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1149014911492149314943169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 24 2017 11:56am
Quote (ampoo @ 24 Sep 2017 18:36)
no it shows the ridiculous double standards
so blacks having that proven advantage is fine, but when negative facts apply to non-white people, crime, education, IQ and others.....then its racism

so spare me please

thank you for yet another textbook example of someone who just doesn't know what they're talking about and is conflating issues to justify their bigotry.

it is NOT a double standard just because you are too ignorant or too lazy to think. one is INDIVIDUALS being singled out for their PERSONAL strength and performance - no one signs a player just based on the colour of their skin. the other one is INDIVIDUALS being singled out for something they personally have NO influence on, for something that is just assigned to them based on their skin colour / religion... can you spot the difference?

honestly, great job illustrating yet again your complete lack of understanding of the issue. like i said in the beginning, it's just a waste of time trying to argue with you, you don't even (want to) understand basic concepts and deny blatant truths, i guess with that attitude there just really "isn't anything to protest"... pathetic...

Gold: 4,383.11
Sep 24 2017 12:15pm
Quote (fender @ 24 Sep 2017 19:56)
thank you for yet another textbook example of someone who just doesn't know what they're talking about and is conflating issues to justify their bigotry.

it is NOT a double standard just because you are too ignorant or too lazy to think. one is INDIVIDUALS being singled out for their PERSONAL strength and performance - no one signs a player just based on the colour of their skin. the other one is INDIVIDUALS being singled out for something they personally have NO influence on, for something that is just assigned to them based on their skin colour / religion... can you spot the difference?

honestly, great job illustrating yet again your complete lack of understanding of the issue. like i said in the beginning, it's just a waste of time trying to argue with you, you don't even (want to) understand basic concepts and deny blatant truths, i guess with that attitude there just really "isn't anything to protest"... pathetic...

feel free to offer one example that has not already been debunked, but thats too much to ask i guess
Sep 24 2017 01:13pm
Quote (ampoo @ 24 Sep 2017 19:15)
feel free to offer one example that has not already been debunked, but thats too much to ask i guess

mother of all dodges. did you spot the difference between your idiotic discrimination claim and real discrimination or not?
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 24 2017 01:54pm
Quote (fender @ 24 Sep 2017 19:29)

"breaking ridiculous and completely outdated laws" does not equal "disrespecting". particularly considering the american law system.
conversely, "not having violated any laws" does not rule out disrespectful behavior. in short, law ≠ respect.
respect is a question of social norms and traditions, which naturally are fluid and evolve over time. laws are codified, static rules.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 24 2017 01:55pm
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 24 2017 02:29pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 24 Sep 2017 20:54)
"breaking ridiculous and completely outdated laws" does not equal "disrespecting". particularly considering the american law system.
conversely, "not having violated any laws" does not rule out disrespectful behavior. in short, law ≠ respect.
respect is a question of social norms and traditions, which naturally are fluid and evolve over time. laws are codified, static rules.

Respect is more taking other ppl into account keeping their social norms and identity in mind. For some it could be compliance with the law on every issue, you'll find a bit more to agree with that position in here. Imo it's a great tweet.
Yet while protesting, it's about addressing a norm you do not agree with. So it's impossible to completely be respectful at the same time. Yet kneeling quietly is a good middle ground and acceptable.

Do you think he is not allowed to kneel as a peaceful protest ?
It looks pretty respectful to me, yet shocking enough to worry even the President ;)
Sep 24 2017 03:44pm
Quote (Knaapie @ 24 Sep 2017 22:29)
Respect is more taking other ppl into account keeping their social norms and identity in mind. For some it could be compliance with the law on every issue, you'll find a bit more to agree with that position in here. Imo it's a great tweet.
Yet while protesting, it's about addressing a norm you do not agree with. So it's impossible to completely be respectful at the same time. Yet kneeling quietly is a good middle ground and acceptable.

Do you think he is not allowed to kneel as a peaceful protest ?
It looks pretty respectful to me, yet shocking enough to worry even the President ;)

i already said that I think it should be allowed, but that I dont condone it. a sports event is just not the right occasion for political protest.
Sep 24 2017 04:06pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 24 Sep 2017 22:44)
i already said that I think it should be allowed, but that I dont condone it. a sports event is just not the right occasion for political protest.

like i already said, nothing is ever the "right occasion", "right place", "right time" or "right way" when it comes to something the right just doesn't agree with. no matter if it's protest on the street, kneeling during the anthem, supporting and promoting certain groups on social media - it's all "offensive" to the very special conservative snowflakes and criticised in a more often than not highly hypocritical way...

this subforum is the perfect example: just look at all the hate the cultists suddenly have for athletes, actors, and entertainers... soon all they can admit to enjoy are james woods movies, haha...
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 24 2017 04:14pm
Quote (fender @ Sep 24 2017 06:06pm)
like i already said, nothing is ever the "right occasion", "right place", "right time" or "right way" when it comes to something the right just doesn't agree with. no matter if it's protest on the street, kneeling during the anthem, supporting and promoting certain groups on social media - it's all "offensive" to the very special conservative snowflakes and criticised in a more often than not highly hypocritical way...

this subforum is the perfect example: just look at all the hate the cultists suddenly have for athletes, actors, and entertainers... soon all they can admit to enjoy are james woods movies, haha...

Noone here has genuine hate for people. We think certain actions are stupid and should be treated with ostracism.
Sep 24 2017 04:14pm
Quote (fender @ 25 Sep 2017 00:06)

i dont mind protests on the streets as long as they dont force their protest onto others by disrupting traffic or harassing passerbys. I dont mind organizing protest online, for example via twitter, facebook, reddit or whatever.

my general stance is: protesting is fine, but dont force your protest on others.
making a sports event political is doing just that. even if it's a low key protest like kneeling.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 24 2017 04:35pm
I've said it once and I'll say it again. If people in the media keep pushing a culture war about stupid shit like kneeling, Trump will WIN every time. Even moderates would rather side with Trump over Colin Kaepernick.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1149014911492149314943169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll