d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1148914901491149214933169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 24 2017 05:44am
Quote (Sakuraba @ 24 Sep 2017 06:45)
I see a lot of generalizations and assumptions

he keeps talking about these power structures and systemic oppression, can you point to me where and what they are?

well he's a white guy writer for a publication (according to him) so he knows better than everyone

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 24 Sep 2017 06:32)
lol.

a white guy trying to explain the struggles of PoC, women, LGBT*+`!@§ folks and other minorites. doesnt he realize that as a white guy, he will never be able to understand and feel the discrimination PoC face all day everyday?
and doesnt he realize how rude and patronizing it is of him to explain white privilege, as if those affected by white privilege werent able to explain it themselves and needed a white guy to speak for them?

he really should check his own privilege, and maybe revisit a college course about the importance of political correctness and the pitfalls of cultural appropriation.

kek
e
k
Gold: 285.00
Sep 24 2017 10:26am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 24 2017 05:32am)
lol.

a white guy trying to explain the struggles of PoC, women, LGBT*+`!@§ folks and other minorites. doesnt he realize that as a white guy, he will never be able to understand and feel the discrimination PoC face all day everyday?
and doesnt he realize how rude and patronizing it is of him to explain white privilege, as if those affected by white privilege werent able to explain it themselves and needed a white guy to speak for them?

he really should check his own privilege, and maybe revisit a college course about the importance of political correctness and the pitfalls of cultural appropriation.

PoC and women just arent heard. White guys need to hear those stuff too but they only listen to other white guys. Like for example you read his article.

I havent read it btw. Just the rationalization. People always say its white guys talking about it when they are just the only ones being listened to. That's all I'm addressing. The article could be garbage.

I know black parents still have to have the talk to their kids about police to keep them safe from those protecting them...

This post was edited by Skinned on Sep 24 2017 10:31am
Gold: 285.00
Sep 24 2017 10:59am
Quote (Sakuraba @ Sep 24 2017 05:45am)
I see a lot of generalizations and assumptions

he keeps talking about these power structures and systemic oppression, can you point to me where and what they are?

Started to read it amd it starts with a quote from someone on reddit. That is really enough for me. These 'journalists' are quoting their comments section.

I shouldn't have defended this guy. Just the tendency for there to be white male hetero allies and why they shouldn't be silent.

Like King said in his Letter.....the vicious racists atent changing their mind....the middle is at fault that justice is not happening.

Quote (Ghot @ Sep 24 2017 12:00pm)
Pretty much, this.

Nonviolent protest is supposed to be shocking and confrontational without being violent.

Glad its making you guys uncomfortable. Youre uncomfortable in your living rooms watching a 2d image on a screen. Go live in the ghetto and stare down the barrel of a gun. And yeah, it's gangsters and dope boys causing a lot of the problems, but the friends I have to live there are restsurant managers and construction workers...they carry guns, around their kids, for police and thieves, all the same there. I'm glad I dont have to do that.

This post was edited by Skinned on Sep 24 2017 11:05am
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 24 2017 11:00am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 23 2017 07:39pm)
it is disrespectful to refuse to show respect for the nation/the national anthem. and its disrespectful to abuse the national anthem for making a political point. its a ritual. one that I personally dont care about, but its a long-standing tradition in american sports. this ritual, this moment is just not the right time or place to make a personal point about a matter that has nothing to do with the sports event taking place in that moment. I'd have no issue if the athletes used interviews or their twitter account to support BLM or protest against "white supremacy".

despite considering their behavior disrespectful, they should be allowed to act like that. if they want to act like fools, so be it. I just think that everyone should ignore it instead of freaking out and giving them the attention they were seeking in the first place.

Pretty much, this.
Gold: 4,383.11
Sep 24 2017 11:21am
Quote (fender @ 24 Sep 2017 00:57)
hilarious, you bitch about something although you apparently don't even know what's happening.

go look it up please and then feel free to tell me what about kneeling during the national anthem is "disrespectful". they aren't disturbing it, they aren't even ignoring it or making some kind of rude or disrespectful gesture - all they do is kneel.
yet almost the entire right is so butthurt about it and wants to see them fired (or worse). how special of a snowflake do you have to be to be that triggered by free speech?

holy...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKMuGs-VwAU99ga.png

why have your marked the anatomic advantage part? you do realise that the differences between certain groups and their muscle power are a fact?
if not then you are even more stupid than i thought
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 24 2017 11:29am
Quote (ampoo @ 24 Sep 2017 18:21)
why have your marked the anatomic advantage part? you do realise that the differences between certain groups and their muscle power are a fact?
if not then you are even more stupid than i thought

i have marked it because it directly contradicts your own moronic "discrimination" claim since it offers an explanation. you can't even decide what simplistic narrative you want to follow, haha...

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 24 Sep 2017 00:39)
it is disrespectful to refuse to show respect for the nation/the national anthem. and its disrespectful to abuse the national anthem for making a political point. its a ritual. one that I personally dont care about, but its a long-standing tradition in american sports. this ritual, this moment is just not the right time or place to make a personal point about a matter that has nothing to do with the sports event taking place in that moment. I'd have no issue if the athletes used interviews or their twitter account to support BLM or protest against "white supremacy".

despite considering their behavior disrespectful, they should be allowed to act like that. if they want to act like fools, so be it. I just think that everyone should ignore it instead of freaking out and giving them the attention they were seeking in the first place.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 24 2017 11:33am
Quote (balrog66 @ 24 Sep 2017 11:17)

inb4 ad hominem attacks towards author, ignoring the points he makes.

oh nvm, too late...

This post was edited by fender on Sep 24 2017 11:33am
Gold: 4,383.11
Sep 24 2017 11:36am
Quote (fender @ 24 Sep 2017 19:29)
i have marked it because it directly contradicts your own moronic "discrimination" claim since it offers an explanation. you can't even decide what simplistic narrative you want to follow, haha...

https://i.imgur.com/AngPeuS.jpg

no it shows the ridiculous double standards
so blacks having that proven advantage is fine, but when negative facts apply to non-white people, crime, education, IQ and others.....then its racism

so spare me please

This post was edited by ampoo on Sep 24 2017 11:36am
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 24 2017 11:42am
Quote (fender @ Sep 24 2017 01:29pm)

https://i.imgur.com/AngPeuS.jpg

This for federal employees. Good job strawmanning paper plates :rofl:
Gold: 260.11
Sep 24 2017 11:54am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 24 2017 11:42am)
This for federal employees. Good job strawmanning paper plates :rofl:

Nope
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1148914901491149214933169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll